Puzzle Box 2

...WELL...im at work....an i have nothing better to do right now. Im going through every single puzzle looking for crappy things...in Box 1..Puzzle : Calendars....why the hell does it say for January "Build Bird House" and then for June...with a picture of a desert ...say the same thing "Build Bird House"?????? blah :( lol

It says those things because that's how you know the way to line up the edges of the cube. If you didn't solve this one yet, check the Wiki.

Exactly. I'm starting to think that the "murmuring rocks" are actually a location and that's the Vanishing Point.

Earth.. Murmuring Rocks?... Hmmmm that sounds interesting?

Hello,

This is my first post here, just a few Idea's I've had. been hang out at the unfiction forums. Want to bounce the Idea's of you guys.

I have a few Ideas regarding the META puzzle but can't seem to string anything together.

First, Loki in the puzzle box video states that we "[sPEC] need to find/get in through the window. What window?

In her story she says that she put up on bulletin board in front of the door, and covers it with posters/flyers/signs. In the game, she is covering the 36 puzzles with "white boxes" our posters/flyers/sign. So I turned to the 12 puzzles that don't have "white boxes," and I came across some curious data.

Our first six are...

Sundial = Helios

Pocketwatches = Green

Current Events = Horizon

Two brothers = Amaze

Magic lesson = Sewanee, TN

Cups and Balls = Stage

The omitted puzzle box one answers are:

Helios Green Horizon

>

Aurora Borealis

250px-Aurora_Borealis.jpg

Note the FFFFFF change the wikipedia article, was Revision as of 16:31, 13 January 2007 "bright ffffff glow" the reverted

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=100459639

description of (Helios Green Horizon) a simular event that can happen everywhere all the time

http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/pictures.html

that's all I have. haven't been able to get anywhere. does anyone have any Ideas?

Puzzle Box two

Two brothers = AMAZE

Cups and Balls = Stage

The magic lesson's answer stikes me as very odd,

there not a whole lot symbolism coming from this town

The Templeton Library (Maybe allusion to Charlotte's Web by E.B. White? *note the edit to the Wiki page above.)

but there is also:

Sewanee, Tennessee

Sewanee, The University of the South

Sewanee Review

Sewanee 1899 College Football Team

Sewanee Natural Bridge

Saint Andrews-Sewanee School

Sewanee Natural Bridge seems like be a nice plot initiator. but again I'm at a loss.

This might all be over analysis, as I have yet been able to connect a link back to the vansingpointgame.com site.

But I figured there might be someone that can contribute to this line of investigation.

I've Sent emails to L.kitsune@amd.com with WHITE is the subject line, and the message text. No bounce!

I still think LOki might b a lesbian..........its not a coincisence......that that emblem is on that clock ..........hmmmmm

Hahaha - what's ironic is Herodotus talks quite a bit about lesbians in the histories!!!!

I'm sure Loki knows a good pun (no pun intended; ok may be one)

I just found out that "KITSUNE" in Ancient Japan means "Spirit of the Fox"...a fox that was considered to have supernatural powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1............any leads?

some interesting findings online:

"Donbe, aka Unt-cha Fox, the kitsune from Doctor Slump"

"In our Rockworld series about Styx songs -- Lady Lorelei "

what i don't understand is why there are so many omitted results for kitsune, loreley and lorelei on microsoft's live search and their search on their own site. i can't work out how to get around the omitter either.

Lorelei and Issac in the webcomic Black Tapestries webcomic appear as anthropomorphic foxes (Lorelei being a werefox) and both often behave as tricksters. Lorelei is also fond of alcohol and has many personality similarities to the modern depiction of Kitsune. Kitsune are mentioned as an explanation or how Lorelei briefly ended up in our universe, as drunken student occultists try to summon a Kitsune and summon the were-fox Lorelei instead (much to her confusion and rage). It should be noticed that neither Lorelei nor Issac are "Kitsune" as they are merely anthropomorphic foxes (Lorelei not full time).

anyone checked out that web comic to see if it is relevant?

Flight was delayed. Now ariving 8:00 pm.

American 1308 Los Angeles Arriving 6:40PM Gate 17 Now 8:00 PM Baggage Claim 3

I just checked American Airlines, it's a real flight alright.

What if those wrappers on the table in the hotel are NOT CANDY WRAPPERS...but CONDOM wrappers? Maybe she's not a lesbian afterall...............hmmm......LOKI, if you're reading...LEAD US TO THE CORRECT PATH, PLEASEE :)

Why is the rabbit trail set in a living room with a roaring fire (presumably to create tracks from the ashes) instead of in the forest with snow tracks? Why are postcards and seven card monte set on a planet or moon instead of a table top?

This may be old news, but I don't remember seeing it posted.

The Springs puzzle has the message of:

Without whimper it stopped and now time cannot fly the broken green watch spring vexes

Damn, what is it with the glasses gesture ????

I was reviewing the videos and she does the same thing in the Belagio event.

It's too obvious but I can't connect them to anything meaningful.

Forgive if me this have been solved, but I couldn't find anything anywhere.

Has anyone done crypto-analysis on the original add?

the text:

rpf6ncada34wget32-84kvezz1x6cfp0egnyvm32z3o6qj-o3ddwn3;-loe

the image.

Vanishing%20Point%20Game_2.jpg

there are a lot of possible cribs in these forums!

Fortunately...or unfortunately (as I may be up all night) I hit on something that is possibly pulling several pieces of this together.

I was looking at how mnemonics are possibly being used in some of the clues and messages. Perhaps there was more to a number than just discovering it I thought.

I took the number I have for Loki's voicemail at AMD Austin and ran it through a mnemonic generator.

The number is 512-602-5654 or you can drop the area code and use just 602-5654...Here is the result

There are only two 10 letter mnemonics

512-602-5654 = 51-am-0-Al-OK-I And --- 51-an-0-Al-OK-I

and only one 7 letter mnemonic

602-5654 = 60-Al-OK-I

The word mnemonic is derived from the Ancient Greek word μνημονικός mnemonikos ("of memory") and the first known reference to mnemonics is the method of loci described in Cicero's De Oratore.

But there is even more....I believe I'm on the right track with this. Thoughts?

Edited by phxmimms

Continued... This takes us Pi-mnemonics.

Pi mnemonics are memory aids for remembering the first few decimal digits of Pi:

One type of mnemonic is a sentence, poem, limerick or whatever with the number of letters in each of the words matching the corresponding decimal digits of Pi.

One example from a website...(saves time with coming up with my own explanation)

"Can I have a small container of coffee"

Notice anything special about that? The number of letters per word are 31415926. Look familiar? Pi is 3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209... ! This sort of sentence is an example of a pi-mnemonic, ie an aid to remembering the decimal digits of Pi. Why stop with sentences? People have created poems, jokes, even dramas based on the digits of Pi. In many languages.

See, I have a rhyme assisting

my feeble brain,

its tasks sometimes resisting.

I'm beginning to see where this may be going.

Fortunately...or unfortunately (as I may be up all night) I hit on something that is possibly pulling several pieces of this together.

I was looking at how mnemonics are possibly being used in some of the clues and messages. Perhaps there was more to a number than just discovering it I thought.

I took the number I have for Loki's voicemail at AMD Austin and ran I through a mnemonic generator.

The number is 512-602-5654 or you can drop the area code and use just 602-5654...Here is the result

There are only two 10 letter mnemonics

512-602-5654 = 51-am-0-Al-OK-I And --- 51-an-0-Al-OK-I

and only one 7 letter mnemonic

602-5654 = 60-Al-OK-I

The word mnemonic is derived from the Ancient Greek word μνημονικός mnemonikos ("of memory") and the first known reference to mnemonics is the method of loci described in Cicero's De Oratore.

But there is even more....I believe I'm on the right track with this. Thoughts?

D-Cipher knock it off with the homosexual banter -- it's really annoying and pointless.

For clarification...im not bantering...its actually a relevant issue. One of the clocks has an emblem of a brand name...which if you google, gives you links to free homosexual websites. Why does this bother you? It definetly should not.

To: PHXMIMMS....I think you're doing a great job....nice lead so far :)

Ok one more Clue that i may think this will help us.

take a llok at this two pictures i was able to take the screen shots when i clicked at box 3 and box 4.

The words that we have to look for is "eo el disa 1 r..." i am not sure if it's a l or 1 if anyone can figure this out let us know. Thanks

post-196634-1169171761_thumb.jpg

post-196634-1169171775_thumb.jpg

Edited by badwagon

Ok one more Clue that i may think this will help us.

take a llok at this two pictures i was able to take the screen shots when i clicked at box 3 and box 4.

The words that we have to look for is "eo el disa 1 r..." i am not sure if it's a l or 1 if anyone can figure this out let us know. Thanks

Read a couple of pages back, there is nothing in there.

Been reading the forum for a week... first time posting.

I have a widescreen laptop. When I go to http://assets.vanishingpointgame.com/week01.swf, I see a spinning gear off to the right (looks like the hourglass puzzle gear), too far out of frame to see when you go from the main page. The more interesting thing is that the gear is not spinning correctly. The inside rotates clockwise, while the sprockets "pulse" right, then go back to their "start", and repeat.

So I looked at the puzzle gears. The Airport and Hourglass gears are rotating strangely as well. All of the others spin normally.

Nothing strange in week02.swf.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

post-196096-1169173853.jpg