Puzzle Box 4

Is there anything to be made of the heavier lines?

post-194867-1170169101_thumb.jpg

YES! see my earlier post

Open Puzzle Box 2 and look at the lines around the "Step up ... ... step right up!" text.

Their shape directly relates to parts of the roaming path. The thicker lines probably signify

more important parts of the roaming path (or "trail", as Loki refers to it). For instance, where

the thick line ends under the P in Point is right at Prague at the corresponding point on the

roaming trail. All the puzzle boxes have similar lines that can be overlayed onto the trail to

produce place name clues for each of the Lokis. I wish I had time to do the work but I'm going

to the MS Launch Event (for free copy of Office 2007 ... Woo Hoo!) today here in Las Vegas.

Good luck with it.

Thanks to malcolmst for his link: Trail !

To see that the roaming path corresponds to the lines in the Puzzle Box text go to the above "Trail" link and zoom out until you see the shape of the whole trail.

YES! see my earlier post

To see that the roaming path corresponds to the lines in the Puzzle Box text go to the above "Trail" link and zoom out until you see the shape of the whole trail.

if you think this is really relavant, do something in photoshop or paint and post it here. I would like to see what you are talking about.

if you think this is really relavant, do something in photoshop or paint and post it here. I would like to see what you are talking about.

I'm on my laptop without Photoshop or a screen capture tool, plus I don't have the time. But, it's very easy to see

if you open Puzzle Box 2 and compare the lines to the east end (Europe) of the romaing trail. Trail !

I'm pretty sure that someone has already give them the right answer... If not...they would have change something more to help us. I suppose the game is ended now.. :)

Just curious to know if the ivy answer is right of there was another one :p

Edited by Ices_Eyes

Vanishing Points

Any set of parallel lines that are not parallel to the projection plane will converge to a vanishing point.If the set of lines is parallel to one of the three principal axis then it is called a principal vanishing point.

http://www.siggraph.org/education/material...3d/perspect.htm

i googled, pi vanishing point and space and came up with sum neat things

i think the windows vista/ vanishpointgame interview has something in common

and on that interview it shows 3 windows with black lines around it, kinda looks like the pyramid lines

Loved Bill Gates answer to Vista pricing discrepancies. It's priced at 249 dollars in the USA, and 249 GBP in the UK, which is double the price in real terms.

When questioned, he answered that some minor price differences will exist between currencies! What 100% ???

That's why I'm doing Vanishing Point - so I can win a copy rather than be ripped off and pay double for no good reason.

Loved Bill Gates answer to Vista pricing discrepancies. It's priced at 249 dollars in the USA, and 249 GBP in the UK, which is double the price in real terms.

When questioned, he answered that some minor price differences will exist between currencies! What 100% ???

That's why I'm doing Vanishing Point - so I can win a copy rather than be ripped off and pay double for no good reason.

It's cheaper to buy a new dell with it installed....lol

Im almost convinced that those lines on the quotes DO have something to do with the Trail. We just need to look deeper. I think we're missing something. Something obvious and simple.

I doubt anyone has answered yet. It would have been posted on the website. They were supposed to have a link already for "WINNERS" ....none yet. Hmm.....

What,Is,My,Name ........W I dont know....MN stands for her real initials?

better yet...Maybe its got something to do with Jeopardy? The answer is always in a form of a question. What is "____________" ? Maybe this is the same thing. Maybe the "What,Is,My,Name" is the ANSWER, we need to know what the QUESTION is???

that's a stretch

I think everything is a stretch. :D Really, I have no idea at this point. I think it's odd that they did "what, is, my, name" I also think it's odd that 3 out of 4 sisters had a prop and mentioned what they were good at. The fourth one is good at vanishing and had nothing. So are we supposed to name the one that is vanishing? The fourth one is also the one that mentioned she was tired of being a fourth of a person. So maybe we're supposed to name the new person, Lorelei, Odessa, Kara. LOK. Who knows. :D All a stretch.

Im almost convinced that those lines on the quotes DO have something to do with the Trail. We just need to look deeper. I think we're missing something. Something obvious and simple.

I doubt anyone has answered yet. It would have been posted on the website. They were supposed to have a link already for "WINNERS" ....none yet. Hmm.....

What,Is,My,Name ........W I dont know....MN stands for her real initials?

better yet...Maybe its got something to do with Jeopardy? The answer is always in a form of a question. What is "____________" ? Maybe this is the same thing. Maybe the "What,Is,My,Name" is the ANSWER, we need to know what the QUESTION is???

Remember that site says u can try so many times u want, and only the last asnwer will be counted...They never say someone and the one post the answear will be immediately advise he has win... :)

The what, is, my, name should simply mean the want the answer without capital letters, and with all the word comma separated... :)

There is no doubt! Make a large overlay of the lines that exactly matches the size of the trail

(zoomed enough to see major cities). You will see that places, such as Prague, are "pointed" to

that are not endpoints of the individual trail segments but will be important clues when used somehow.

It's easiest to see with the Puzzle Box 2 lines and the eastern end of the trail.

The zoomed lines fit EXACTLY onto the trail! and the heaver lines point out the clues.

Edited by vidiot

Hmm, well i'm at work and must get going so this will probably be my last post for VP. Had fun guys!

oh, and from the prizes page..

"Here?s what you can win by finding my vanishing points before they disappear?"

PEACE,

NickShawn

I think everything is a stretch. :D Really, I have no idea at this point. I think it's odd that they did "what, is, my, name" I also think it's odd that 3 out of 4 sisters had a prop and mentioned what they were good at. The fourth one is good at vanishing and had nothing. So are we supposed to name the one that is vanishing? The fourth one is also the one that mentioned she was tired of being a fourth of a person. So maybe we're supposed to name the new person, Lorelei, Odessa, Kara. LOK. Who knows. :D All a stretch.

I feel your pain, we all have been putting so much into this we are all overthinking it. I don't know which way to turn anymore either. LOKI, IF YOU ARE WATCHING, SEND US DUMMIES SOME MORE CLUES!

HARDEE, MI

TANLI

I feel that these are the only two things we need to solve this. This whole thing with IVY sounds great, but I still can't find how HARDEE --> IVY in latin.

The fourth person in the chair didn't need to carry anything because the fourth set of puzzles was about people disappearing. If she showed up with a case file and an eye patch that would have been cool.

I feel your pain, we all have been putting so much into this we are all overthinking it. I don't know which way to turn anymore either. LOKI, IF YOU ARE WATCHING, SEND US DUMMIES SOME MORE CLUES!

HARDEE, MI

TANLI

I feel that these are the only two things we need to solve this. This whole thing with IVY sounds great, but I still can't find how HARDEE --> IVY in latin.

The fourth person in the chair didn't need to carry anything because the fourth set of puzzles was about people disappearing. If she showed up with a case file and an eye patch that would have been cool.

Go here: http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.c...amp;l=n&q=n

Pick the middle anagram (HEDERA), which means IVY in English. (http://translate.eu/en/dictionaries/latin-english_dictionary)

Why use an anagram? Because TANLI is an anagram for LATIN.

Well in the following:

L. (cant mean Lorelei)

Odessa

Kara (cant be Kitsune)

I. ??????

The reason it cant be Lorelei Kitsune is as follows: Watch the Video! She says "loki" is just a person they created, and now its time for her to vanish, so forget about the imaginary Loki! WHAT IS MY NAME? Lorelei Kitsune is her artificial name in the VP game! so neither Lorelei NOR Kitsune can be any of those. THOUGHTS?

A few thougts/answers:

1) HARDEE anagrams to HEREDEN which is LATIN for IVY

2) If those are the names - we have to assign them to each sister - that is, they're not necessarily in L.O.K.I order in the video. MATH, STAGE ARTS, HISTORY, FOLKLORE is the order they're in

3) if we assign each sister a name based on her major they are History=Odessa, Folklore=Lorelei, Physics=?, Stage Arts=?

4) Is the answer their names in the order they're sitting in the video?

Edited by dickey500