Puzzle Box 4

I think my wife just won to let you know. She just got an email from some guy saying she was the first to enter it right. I totally gave her the answer (I went with Iva, it means "great gift") but I had her enter Ivy. Some guy from Marden-Kane wrote the email.

I would think it should be from '42 Entertainment', no?

I think my wife just won to let you know. She just got an email from some guy saying she was the first to enter it right. I totally gave her the answer (I went with Iva, it means "great gift") but I had her enter Ivy. Some guy from Marden-Kane wrote the email.

Serious, or are you pulling our legs?

By the by, I think that the Rules said something about only one playing registrant per household (presumably others can be used for referrals).

Hope that doesn't come back to bite you in the posterior.

Shhhh, don't talk out too loud .."Limit one (1) Registration per person per household" ...

Maybe I posted in the wrong forum, or maybe I am way of track, but seriously, don't you think this is too much of a coincidence?

ALL the name so far have the same meaning......

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/introcs/datafiles/names.txt

Lorelei = Melody

Odessa = Melody

Kara = Melody

It looks like it can be a simple 1 word answer. - MELODY

Actually from your link the name ODESSA=The Odyssey

Shhhh, don't talk out too loud .."Limit one (1) Registration per person per household" ...

Which makes their entries completely legit. It's not one registration per household - it's one registration PER PERSON per household. Which, if taken literally - means that everyone in my household can only enter once. Either they messed up their wording or everyone in the world can enter despite the fact that some of them live together.

If you're serious, please post the text of the e-mail!

lol, on the piracy theme try this to generate a name (or for a bit of light relief)

http://www.piratequiz.com

Your pirate name is:

Iron Sam Flint

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

So true....

I don't belive this. I accidently entered Ivy long before anyone discussed it on this board. Back when we first discovered Hardee, MS. The reason I entered Ivy was because I kept getting hits for Ivy league schools when I googled hardee + mississippi

Is has links about some guy named Trey Hardee that ran for Mississippi State. I know it's wrong, but I haven't changed it since.

Unless your wife used Ivy as the last name before 2pm yesterday. I think your full of it.

Sickboy

I don't belive this. I accidently entered Ivy long before anyone discussed it on this board. Back when we first discovered Hardee, MS. The reason I entered Ivy was because I kept getting hits for Ivy league schools when I googled hardee + mississippi

Is has links about some guy named Trey Hardee that ran for Mississippi State. I know it's wrong, but I haven't changed it since.

Unless your wife used Ivy as the last name before 2pm yesterday. I think your full of it.

Sickboy

My final answer was Ivy too... and I most certainly entered it before 2pm EST... so it is likely you weren't the first and neither was I :)

Sickboy

My final answer was Ivy too... and I most certainly entered it before 2pm EST... so it is likely you weren't the first and neither was I :)

Sickboy

There is a decent chance he's telling the truth... if you look in the rules you'll see the NJ address where you can send for the winner's list. If you Google that along with Marden-Kane it seems to be the address they use for the contests they manage. They are a company that handles the legal side of contests. If it is real, congrats! I gave up awhile ago regardless... Still curious what the 3.1416 and Enigma Director stuff was about, but maybe that was just misdirection.

Good Luck everyone in the random drawings tomorrow and Thursday! It's been fun

It's 11.50pm here...and the game finish at 6am... My mam will surely bite me if i wait for that hour and in front of pc...so bye all, good luvk...and hope when i got up tomorrow morning i can read the right answer :D

Which makes their entries completely legit. It's not one registration per household - it's one registration PER PERSON per household. Which, if taken literally - means that everyone in my household can only enter once. Either they messed up their wording or everyone in the world can enter despite the fact that some of them live together.

You are right with that, I didn't paste the whole thing ... the issue could be "but I had her enter Ivy" ...

Anyway, if it's true congratullations !! and good job, on the other hand I still believe is the most

stupid answer a game as challenging as this one could have ...

Cheers

How did you arrive at the Ivy answer before knowing the location of Hardee Mississippi?

I admit, I did it by accident and bundled with shear stupidity and I haven't changed it because I have no clue what the answer is.

I think this is someone trying to get everyone to stop trying.

Tesseract4 posted the Ivy answer in the Meta thread first as I recall.

You are right. Also it's smells fishy, joined today, only three posts ... hmmm

The proof is in the pudin ....

I don't think that is the answer because it will not tell you that will need to try again. If IVY was the answer it will let you right away that you were the first person to answer correctly and by now we should see it on the internet or in the news.

we need to get the correct information from all off this.

1. Mystery Spot, CA

2. 5874.61 miles

3. 1049.62 miles

4. 1161.79 miles

5. 153.48 miles

6. 543.55 miles

7. 652.2 miles

8. 4909.96 miles

9. 548.42 miles

at some point if you go to www.msn.com and search in maps it shows that the number 2 is loki and is about 14987.87 miles away but the number two in the website says 5874.61 that is my opinion.