Puzzle Box 4

Something else to add to the IP theory.. I remember seeing L.O.K.I somewhere (where was that?)

Anyway, LOKI = 76.79.75.73 (not a site or pingable)

Loki = 76.111.107.105 (also not a site or pingable)

loki = 108.111.107.105 (also not a site or pingable)

so unless anyone can give some more 4 letter words (lol) loki doesn't seem to be an IP :p

Still reading the thread, even tough I haven't posted much yet. However, we somehow cannot figure out how the Meta Puzzle could be solved. The map thingy leads into the middle of nowhere, and the video did not bring any new info. So...

LOKI we need a hint!

349 posts in 2 weeks? WOW.

350 with this one :-), and you are counting only the ones I posted here. Lets say

from the 24 hours a day I'm about 68 of them on-line

Cheers

Random things, hopping someone can piece this together...

Items LOKI is holding...

Watch

Magic Wand

Book

NOTHING

Why is the last girl sitting, holding nothing?

We are looking for a word...

from vanishingpointgame.com/on_the_run

"Follow the trail to get the word it leads to"

So all the 4 word answers are wrong.

Phrases of each puzzle box:

Time Passes

Magic Happens

Memories Fade

People Disappear

The whole purpose is to discover LOKI's vanishing point, but aren't we her vanishing point, once we solve the puzzle then she vanishes... I think we may be thinking to much into this?

Thoughts?

LOL... Well have you noticed that the number of vowels has disappeared? 4.. 3...2..1... ?

Lorelei (4)

Odessa (3)

Kara (2)

Ivy (1) .... or sometimes 2?

haha....

350 with this one :-), and you are counting only the ones I posted here. Lets say

from the 24 hours a day I'm about 68 of them on-line

Cheers

lol, saying this game is addictive is an understatement.. I'm doing virtual school (or should be) in highschool, and haven't done any work for um... yeah.. a long time.

HER REAL NAME:

(here's a quote from her MYSPACE.COM page)

About me:

When I was born, my parents wanted to give me a name that had meaning and a story...Minae Cattleya Noji. MINAE is a bird, CATTLEYA is a flower and NOJI is water. Each needs the other to prosper and grow. It's basically the circle of life. Pretty cool huh? ;)

What if the answer/name is yet to be determined?

The creators certainly have the ability to give an immediate response when the correct answer is typed into the answer box, since they did it 48 times before in the puzzles!

Perhaps they decided to put the question out there and go through all of the answers and determine the best answer!!

That would explain why an immediate response isn't given.

HER REAL NAME:

(here's a quote from her MYSPACE.COM page)

About me:

When I was born, my parents wanted to give me a name that had meaning and a story...Minae Cattleya Noji. MINAE is a bird, CATTLEYA is a flower and NOJI is water. Each needs the other to prosper and grow. It's basically the circle of life. Pretty cool huh? ;)

I think it's getting a little creepy to think that clues would be from her actual life vs. her character in this job, lol.

FOR THE RECORD:

Why only two forums and the WIKI page cover the whole thing? Seems as if Microsoft has arranged it...maybe. The question that whether someone here on NEOWIN is either LOKI herself or someone from the organizing group of Vanishing POint is NO DOUBT TRUE...

FYI, her last log in on her MYSPACE page was today! :) ..so she definetly took a minute to see what we idiots are talkinga bout here and had a GOOD LAUGH! lol :( poor we :(

the reason for the wait is to prevent brute forcers... people will set guessers on this if they could, but if they only get 1 attempt a day (thats presuming the devs check once a day) then they're hardly going to get anywhere with brute forcing. you'll actually need brains to get it.

It's so obvious! The answer is all the letters not used in the 4 names as these letters have "vanished"!

bcfghjmnpqrtuwxz

*sighs*

I think I'm done. I really don't think I've got anything I can offer to get us any further.

As a note it says in the rules:

"their name will be inscribed on each AMD Athlon 64 FX chip manufactured from the time of the award through March 31, 2007"

Which suggest there is no real finish date for the metachallenge (though I'm sure interest would diminish if it drags on).

Good luck to everyone is getting this final puzzle solved!

Ahh, I sense desperation...time to feed :devil: ....

Actually, time for my brain gas to pass, so here's my thoughts:

1. NO WAY are we looking for four answers--it's just too straightforward, like posting a picture of the answer to the roamingroaming puzzle (what gives? can we say "spoilage"?).

2. From looking at the 4th week clues video, it almost seems like 42 is changing the Meta Puzzle to fit what we think is significant. This fits with the fact that their main people (the ones on the 42entertainment.com site) often mention building "interactive" or "dynamic" game content--stuff that changes over time. So MAYBE THERE IS NO ANSWER TO THE META PUZZLE--YET. They're just watching the posts, looking for the most clever answer posted. Now THAT'S evil! And lazy, too, because then they don't have to make a puzzle with an answer.

Oops, sorry just saw this post.

Great minds....

Agreed.. It's pretty obvious that they are grooming this puzzle around US here at NEO and the guys at UNFICTION...and the combination of our answers..

I would think that they would HAVE to, in order to keep it alive. Otherwise, like now, they would continue to run into a dead end. Which explains why some clues just appear out of nowhere (LIKE the CA clue in Mystery Point) and others were changed AFTER we solved some puzzles... (like the womans photo in the magic puzzle)...

All we can hope for is that they tell us soon if someone has it right. Otherwise, they are doing us all a huge disservice by stringing it out longer than necessary.

Knowing that I will most likely rip my hair out before I can really solve this, I decided to put my own name in for the answer. Because I, myself, am LOKI's vanishing point. I solve the puzzles, I get the points, I find out who she is... it's me!

Yeah I know that makes no sense...

I'm so surprised that with all the intelligent minds around the world, that NO one has figured this one out yet, the contest ends tonight at 9pm.

Watch we'll get a mystery clue at 8:45pm

Best of luck to whoever is still plugging away at this

I think my wife just won to let you know. She just got an email from some guy saying she was the first to enter it right. I totally gave her the answer (I went with Iva, it means "great gift") but I had her enter Ivy. Some guy from Marden-Kane wrote the email.

Random things, hopping someone can piece this together...

Items LOKI is holding...

Watch

Magic Wand

Book

NOTHING

Why is the last girl sitting, holding nothing?

We are looking for a word...

from vanishingpointgame.com/on_the_run

"Follow the trail to get the word it leads to"

So all the 4 word answers are wrong.

Phrases of each puzzle box:

Time Passes

Magic Happens

Memories Fade

People Disappear

The whole purpose is to discover LOKI's vanishing point, but aren't we her vanishing point, once we solve the puzzle then she vanishes... I think we may be thinking to much into this?

Thoughts?

Because when you vanish, you have to go naked. She just has less to leave behind. Come on guys - think!