Vista Drivers

Dunno, cos I have SB Live 24bit internal. Drivers for that model are 1.04.0065. which don't work the way they should

I have the same card, 24bit internal (built into my motherboard), but when I install those drivers they come up as SB Audigy version 5.12.1.2000. I guess they didn't install properly or something.

-Have any Audigy 2 Platinum users had luck enabling RECORDING via the front jacks of the breakout box?

-Have any Athlon 64 users been able to successfully enable COOL N QUIET in Vista?

I have the same card, 24bit internal (built into my motherboard), but when I install those drivers they come up as SB Audigy version 5.12.1.2000. I guess they didn't install properly or something.

My Device Manager says SB Live! 24-bit, also driver version 5.12.1.2000. Creative says the driver version on the website is 1.04.0065 as can be seen on the website. I don't know why it's like this, and I don't really care. My sound works.

clipboard01kw6.jpg

Hmm maybe I got something wrong. Mine SB Live was bought separatelly, it's not built in to the motherboard, it sits in the PCI. But I guess those drivers are also for my card.

But the fact is they don't work. The sound is played only on the first output, the mic doesn't work, and the songs just freeze. I'd really like to know how you managed to get yours to work.

Hmm maybe I got something wrong. Mine SB Live was bought separatelly, it's not built in to the motherboard, it sits in the PCI. But I guess those drivers are also for my card.

But the fact is they don't work. The sound is played only on the first output, the mic doesn't work, and the songs just freeze. I'd really like to know how you managed to get yours to work.

Y'know, I'd like to help you get your sound working, but I'm not sure why mine works and yours doesn't. I just installed them, and it worked. Maybe it's because of our varying hardware configurations, or software/driver issues? Until more than a handful of people with similar hardware configurations pop-up piping, the maestros at Microsoft or 3rd party software vendors will not know what to look for to identify a potential problem.

Well, this is in part what forums are for, right? To help each other with odd problems that we think only we ourselves are facing. But when enough people put their heads together as one, no problem is insurmountable.

Can I ask a question.

Whats the point of the

Logitech

SetPoint 3.3

Version: 3.3 build 159

They don't seem to do anything.

allows me to customize my mouse and keyboard buttons primarily

For those people fed up with Creative and their driver support as of late, check out the kX series of drivers.

If you have an Audigy or Audigy 2 you wont be disappointed. Full Vista support and drastically improved sound quality. Nice small download as well.

Direct Download: http://download.kxproject.lugosoft.com/dow...v3538m-full.exe

Actually downloaded and am using these because of your post.

LOVING them. Sound is great. Everything works, the only problem I had was initial setup. Can be a PAIN to set everything up correctly, and getting your mic to work with ventrilo or teamspeak. But after reading some of the support posts on their forum everything works flawlessly.

Really great drivers..

P.S. can we update the Nvidia post to reflect the updated driver as of yesterday?

Don't think anyone has posted about this yet, new nVidia BETA drivers are out for GeForce cards. (Version: 100.64) Get the from the BETA page of the nVidia website, havent installed them yet but will report back if any major differences are shown.

jmann

Actually downloaded and am using these because of your post.

LOVING them. Sound is great. Everything works, the only problem I had was initial setup. Can be a PAIN to set everything up correctly, and getting your mic to work with ventrilo or teamspeak. But after reading some of the support posts on their forum everything works flawlessly.

Really great drivers..

P.S. can we update the Nvidia post to reflect the updated driver as of yesterday?

Maybe there are some those kind of drivers for SB Live 24bit as well?

Edited by Ilya

For those people fed up with Creative and their driver support as of late, check out the kX series of drivers.

If you have an Audigy or Audigy 2 you wont be disappointed. Full Vista support and drastically improved sound quality. Nice small download as well.

Direct Download: http://download.kxproject.lugosoft.com/dow...v3538m-full.exe

Great stuff. Except the initial setup. For me the speakers were defaulted to rear. i was fiddling for hours in the controls (the controls need some serious work to be more friendly) and finally clicked swap rear/front speakers. I think I have hearing back in one ear now.

Also the mic settings are too complicated for me. Agian I was tinkering for ages trying to get skype to pick up my mic. In the end it worked, but it also pics up my computer sounds, music, vista sounds etc. Most odd.

Well I have some fantastic news for all you SB 24bit Live internal owners. An update [probably working drivers] will be released somewhere in Q2 2007, which means we have to wait till spring :D:D.. Ahahaha, that's just great.

Well I have some fantastic news for all you SB 24bit Live internal owners. An update [probably working drivers] will be released somewhere in Q2 2007, which means we have to wait till spring :D:D.. Ahahaha, that's just great.

I wouldn't say that's fantastic news, but it's something I guess. A little sooner would have been nicer, it's not like Vista just popped out of no where for them.

I wouldn't say that's fantastic news, but it's something I guess. A little sooner would have been nicer, it's not like Vista just popped out of no where for them.

eh, i was about to buy a augiry 4, but then i caved in and bought an X-fi, frack you creative

so is it safe to say the poor driver support for my audigy 2 zs is causing my wmp issues and slow down..... im gonna try those kx dirvers tonite, and if its stil bad ill be using my onboard sound on my p4c800-E dlx....

also an update on the R340 EPSON printer driver for vista...

EPSON R340 VISTA DRIVERS

finally

There's new drivers for the Live! 24-bit dated yesterday Feb. 16. It still says 1.04.0065 on the download page, but the file name reveals that it's actually 1.04.0065A. Now under Playback Devices it shows Speakers and Digital Audio Interface, and under Recording Devices it shows Microphone, Line-In and S/PDIF-In. Before all it showed was Speakers and Microphone, and my mic didn't work. Now I can use Speech Recognition, w00t!

After you install this and before you reboot, check the volume as it cranked it all the way up. Also, after you reboot, make sure your preferred default Playback and Recording devices are selected, and you'll have to specify the number of speakers you have again.

There's new drivers for the Live! 24-bit dated yesterday Feb. 16. It still says 1.04.0065 on the download page, but the file name reveals that it's actually 1.04.0065A. Now under Playback Devices it shows Speakers and Digital Audio Interface, and under Recording Devices it shows Microphone, Line-In and S/PDIF-In. Before all it showed was Speakers and Microphone, and my mic didn't work. Now I can use Speech Recognition, w00t!

After you install this and before you reboot, check the volume as it cranked it all the way up. Also, after you reboot, make sure your preferred default Playback and Recording devices are selected, and you'll have to specify the number of speakers you have again.

Thnx, those drivers adds the 5.1 speakers (at last), beside other things that were missing, but now the bundle programs dont work with this driver, so anyone know a bass booster? or knows is those programs will be updated?

Edit: mic boost still missing.