Vista Drivers

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me please, I'm a newbie and I got a problem.

Before, I used XP Pro, but yesterday I clean install Vista ultimate on my pc and now the sound is gone... Now I don't know what soundcard I have, but I'm pretty sure I got soundmax thingy because I believe I've seen soundmax mentioned in the control panel before (in win XP

), also I got ASUS motherboard

So I downloaded the soundmax driver from this thread, although it says something 5.1 and I only have 2.1, then tried to install it, but got an error message that said : "The file 'C:\Users\User1\Documents\AD1986A_Viata32&64\AD1986A_Viata32&64\i386\Vista\smwdm.sys is missing!"

what did I do wrong? help me please?

thanks in advance

I am about to buy a new HP laptop. it has a Nvidia Geforce Go 7 video chip.

I note on the Nvidia website that the only drivers for this chip are for XP and not Vista.

does anyone know if there are drivers available for this chip that work in Vista and have OpenGL support?

I have an HP with geforce 7200 Go, and I am using the modded drivers released less than a month ago.

download and save the Modded inf, then replaced in the extracted folder and run setup, very nice Nvidia control panel too.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index....showtopic=13526

I forgot to mention one exception, If you use Media Source Player do not install it from the package, you can actually downlaod the new version 5 from creative downloads, which has a good vista interface.

Dunno if this helps anyone, but on SoundMAX ICH4 chipsets Windows Vista detects the Inter 82801DBM series Audio device after installation. Which scratches the sounds & doesn't allow multible sounds been played same time. Also has worst case support on the new directX.

You who has the AD198xA or AD198xB serie Sound device integrated can install the Windows XP drivers to Vista clean. The installer will not work on this one as the v5.12.1.5410 which HP/compaq website recommends since that driver doesn't know ICH4. So v5.12.1.3620 goes in clean on these devices and seems to work nicely. Just extract the v5.12.1.3620 pack somewhere with winrar > device manager > update driver > and direct that to search in folder you extracted those.

You can try also another method from:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...=reg_R1002_USEN

but it won't work unless you actually copy ich4 inf files to i386\Vista folder in that path.

And for those of you FRUSTRATED with the lack of CREATIVE X-FI driver /software updates, these one is going to blow you away! FULL modded CD creative software with updated drivers for vista 32.

http://files.filefront.com/YouP_PAX_X_FI20...;/fileinfo.html

I refuse to use anything modded on my PC. Still waiting for official software from creative however everything is working fine with my x-fi.

I refuse to use anything modded on my PC. Still waiting for official software from creative however everything is working fine with my x-fi.

I understand that, however; these are creative DRIVERs, incorporated with the original CREATIVE software, they are n't really modded. I did tried and the actual driver is same as creative; however; I am able to use the Volume control panel, the mix console, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if there is setpoint driver out with a working widcomm bluetooth driver for vista?

yea there is a setpoint driver out, my new mouse came with it on the disk ooo :p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I need a 64 bit Corecess 3112UG modem driver for windows vista.

This one's a USB LAN modem which I connet via it to the internet in WIN XP but its driver does not work with vista.

The manufacturer seems to be GlobeSpanvirata.

Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for Bluetooth Hands-free and Stereo audio drivers for a Widcomm chipset (USB dongle).

Every time I start up Windows, it asks for the drivers, and Vista is too stupid that when I click on "don't ask me again for this device", to quit asking me every time I start Windows, even though I've clicked that link before.

And to honest, Vista is really stupid when it comes to drivers IMO, XP is so much simpler when it comes to detecting devices and managing drivers.