Definitive Crackdown thread

man....something weird and udderly cool just happened. I was playing Co-Op with my friend and all of a sudden I could jump from every building and not get hurt. Then I realized NOTHING WAS hurting me. I killed 10 bosses for him with infinite health :D

Dunno what happened, but it was awesome

Awww, thats just boring

You cheatar :p

Awww, thats just boring

You cheatar :p

dude it was awesome, I climbed the top of the Shai-Gen boss' place and jumped off of it all the way to the city's bottom and nothign happened. It was ridiculous. bitches got pwned :D

I'm having difficulty climbing tall buildings in the SUV.

I can get onto the side and start driving, but once the hydraulics fade off I can't get the vehicle back on to continue upwards.

What's the key?

I didn't know the SUV could climb buildings lol

Ha, yeah :)

When your driving is level 4, each agency vehicle has a unique ability. The SUV can jump, the supercar has mounted guns and the truck has a speed boost capable of 200mph.

There's a video of some guy climbing the agency tower in the SUV.

bah level 4. im having a hard time getting there lol

Yeah, it's the most annoying ability to level.

I found using the truck cab against gang hit squads to be the most effective way of scoring.

I managed to get it. Now I just need to max it out so I can get the accomplishment for that. The climbing the wall thing seems pretty damn tricky, though. I think I might have made it 10 feet up lol.

bangbang023: to get the "Ring Leader" achievement, the best way is to team up with a buddy and get him to *throw* you (plus your car) through the markers. Works perfectly.

In terms of the achievements, do peacekeepers count as gang members? ie. if I run over a bunch of peacekeepers, would I get the Roadkill King achievement?

heres how I got to level 4/Max on driving.

Go to the beach in Los Muertos and keep doing Rolls and Flips over and over. There are not many people there and in about 30 mins you can max it all.

where is that vid of the guy getting to the top of the agency tower in the SUV? that sounds awesome.

Definitely not. You're driving skill goes down with every innocent kill, also.

Hmm.. so how am I supposed to get the achievements once I've finished the game?

Hmm.. so how am I supposed to get the achievements once I've finished the game?

You turn crimes on and do it that way. Once you beat all the bosses, you have the option of having crimes and gang members on or off. Turning them on fills each district with gang members again.

You turn crimes on and do it that way. Once you beat all the bosses, you have the option of having crimes and gang members on or off. Turning them on fills each district with gang members again.

Ah! Didn't know that. Cheers. I've done Los Muertos and Shai Gen, just got The Volk left to do.

You did shai gen before the volk?! Wow. You're going to breeze through the rest of the game lol.

I know I realised that I hadn't done it in order after I'd defeated the Shai Gen leader guy. However, that's the beauty of sandbox games, I can do it however I like lol.

EDIT: Wang! How could I forget that name?

i know there are sites that give locations for the hidden orbs, but do you people know of any that give the locations of agility orbs? i'm missing a couple and can't seem to find them.

Go to the beach in Los Muertos and keep doing Rolls and Flips over and over. There are not many people there and in about 30 mins you can max it all.

And how exactly do you roll and flip? Does this work when you're on level 2? I'm level 4 for everything 'cept driving, it's a pain in the ass to do.

Edited by NegaC

And how exactly do you roll and flip? Does this work when you're on level 2? I'm level 4 for everything 'cept driving, it's a pain in the ass to do.

Some people mentioned different ways to get to Level 4 for driving, all I did was right when you leave the Agency in any car and go towards the Volk, there is that factory you come out to from the tunnel. I just drove through there and ran over gang memberss over and over, and got to Level 4 within an hour or so, if not sooner. It is tedious, but works.

Of course my way does have to go on the basis that you did not kill that boss in the factory, but if you did you just need to find a boss area and drive to it and run over a bunch of people, that area I talk about was just the easiest to do since it was right outside the tunnel.

Basically just focus on running over gang members. I do think you also need to be in an Agency car, not 100% sure on that fact. It is tedious, but can be done fairly quick if you just focus on doing that.

Good Luck. (Y)

I forgot to mention I got 1-3 stars by running over gang members. I passed the time by playing a co-op session and talking with my friend while he did his own thing, as it is very tedious.

Oh and use the SUV.

where is that vid of the guy getting to the top of the agency tower in the SUV? that sounds awesome.

I'll dig it up and post it later this evening.

I forgot to mention I got 1-3 stars by running over gang members. I passed the time by playing a co-op session and talking with my friend while he did his own thing, as it is very tedious.

Oh and use the SUV.

That sucks, it seems you can't jump until you're at level 4. Oh man, it took me ages just to get to level 3...

I got to level 4, was very tedious, but now I got a bunch of stunt achievements. Quick question, when you leave it at menu screen for a while, it starts playing a video to show off Crackdown, does anyone know the song that's played in this video? I've checked all the (105!) jukebox songs, can't find it. Thanks.

You did shai gen before the volk?! Wow. You're going to breeze through the rest of the game lol.

oh geez, after reading that post, I realized I did the same thing. I got to shai gen, and wondered why they were more annoying or more difficult to breeze through. Good thing is that now volk will be easy to go through.

:)