Grand Theft Auto IV

Special Edition

Reminding us that they make games other than Manhunt 2, Rockstar Games has sent over the first images of the the massive Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition. In case you've forgotten what it was, between strangling puppies and pulling the wings off of birds, here's a run down of what you'll get:

The Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition will be presented in a customized Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box. The box will contain:

? Grand Theft Auto IV on the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system or the PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system, both with special packaging

? The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV

? Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release

? An exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys

? Completing the collection is a limited edition Rockstar duffel bag

All of the items have been created with the utmost attention to detail to create a unique Grand Theft Auto IV experience for any fan of the series. The Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition is available for pre-orders today and will retail for $89.99 in North America.

The package certainly sounds sweet, and looks even sweeter. But $89.99 is a steep price point for stuff that might end up collecting dust under your bed. What say you, dear reader?

9351-noscale-GTA%20IV%20Special%20Edition%20Set%20_%20Xbox%20360.jpg

Source + Pics

I'm going for regular, those months will be expansive enough. the only collector's edition I'm getting is halo 3's and maybe bioshock if you get a figurine.

It's a nice edition But I don't think it's worth the extra.

Grand Theft Auto IV on the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system or the PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system, both with special packaging

What does it mean "special packaging"

I'm SO getting that!

Playstation 3 Edition

Xbox 360 Edition

Xbox 360 Collectors Edtion.

Gonna be an expensive month :laugh:

You're buying all three? :s

Indeed i am, my own bible requires me to do so.

Grand Theft Bible.

Actually, if the cover is exactly the same in the Collectors and 360 version, i'll just get Collectors ofc.

Then We're almost sure to get extra added taxes for an item that bigger, I'd rather purchase it within EU.

Oh, and how can they be gone? Nobody can order them from a Danish store, before they add them to their website.

Time to start saving for a 360 me thinks. Now I just have to play Russian roulette with the console itself and hope it doesn't overheat/crash/fail to output video/red circle of doom etc etc.

Time to start saving for a 360 me thinks. Now I just have to play Russian roulette with the console itself and hope it doesn't overheat/crash/fail to output video/red circle of doom etc etc.

Keep it out of a corner, not under anything and free from obstructions and it won't die. :)

Buy one, make it overheat, send it for repairs, they put in that new heatsink - voila, fixed :D

Keep it out of a corner, not under anything and free from obstructions and it won't die. :)

Riiiiiiiiight, THAT's the reason :rolleyes:

Mine hasn't moved since January 06' :)

Mine didnt move either, the time I had it..(It died due to a power surge)

While you and I arent having problems....yet - others do

I would just like to state it sits vertical in a well ventilated area, the console and the powerbrick. It's never handled roughly, infact, it's rarely moved, and only I handle it, so I know no one else dropped it or anything. Because of this, guess who has to pay for poor quality of products.

SOURCE

I've had this piece of junk for only a month and it died on me this morning with freezes and weird video issues. I'm going back to bestbuy today to get ANOTHER replacement.....It's about time Microsoft really recognizes how severe this problem is for a lot of us unlucky owners. Video issue shown below.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=179094

SOURCE

See how "WELL VENTILATED" it is?

Lots of other examples on this forum.

The X360 is build of crap. PERIOD. - You get what you pay for..

Spookie started! :pinch:

Oh well, got some real news to make up for all the off-topic posts :p

Dan Houser interviewed by Yahoo! Games & Xbox Live Content

Posted by Adriaan at 18:46.

So far it seems as though the "exclusive" content promised by Yahoo! Games was over hyped, understandably so with how they promoted it. The interview with Rockstar's Vice President of Creative, Dan Houser, went live today, providing nothing new that we didn't know already from recent previews and interviews. There is however one interesting bit...

[Niko] arrives in Liberty City, our reinterpretation of New York, from Eastern Europe to meet up with his cousin Roman. He has neglected to tell Niko that he is just struggling and is in debt to some Russian mobsters. At the same time, Niko claims to have left Europe simply for the adventure of America, but he is also looking for someone... and running away from some recent mistakes.

Is this "someone" the same "special someone" that is being hinted at in the title of tomorrow's trailer? Perhaps we'll see who that is...

Also, Microsoft today sent out a press release announcing the trailer to go live one hour after its debut on Yahoo! Games and the official GTA IV website (we'll have links and a streaming version available soon after) on Xbox Live. In addition to this, they'll be releasing an Xbox 360 Dashboard Theme and Gamer Pictures. It is unknown whether this will be released for free or whether it will have a price tag on it. We'll let you know once it's added.

Dan Houser's Taxicab Interview: Read Here

SOURCE

Wow, that really was a crap interview :p so boring

Only 20? hours till the second trailer

Edited by Huleboeren

Thread Moved To Gamers Hangout...

Since It is Cross Platform

Dirty Larry

it's taking place in new york city, and your a russian trying to make it in new york