Grand Theft Auto IV

Strange that this topic should be bumped. I just installed GTA:SA yesterday ponder.gif

lol, you do realise we're talking about the next-gen GTA... if you didn't know that existed then have you been living under a rock or something? :laugh:

did anyone notice the fps in the 2nd trailer?

a little choppy in some segments or is it just me? (I bet you some guy will say "it's just you") lol

a little choppy in some segments or is it just me? (I bet you some guy will say "it's just you") lol

it's just you ;)

yeah, i usually get choppy trailers. but that has more to do with the video probably.

No, it's more likely to be the system's processor (that you're running the HD video on).

No, it's more likely to be the system's processor (that you're running the HD video on).

i watched it on the 360 (downloaded from marketplace) and it was quite choppy. as most videos i download from the MP. maybe something's wrong with my 360 then? :(

I must agree with Windam. I noticed FPS drops at 0:50 when the blue car passes by, up close.

And that's playing it on my computer (720p trailer)

It was my friend who notified me of it :p

i watched it on the 360 (downloaded from marketplace) and it was quite choppy. as most videos i download from the MP. maybe something's wrong with my 360 then? :(

Possible overheating problem, but I have no idea. Crack an egg on it, see what happens, you'll get your answer :p

it's def. not overheating, i can leave it on for 8 hours straight and it's still almost as cold as when i start it up. I've noticed lag on some demo's as well, maybe it's my HDD?

If I play a 720p video on my computer, I can't because it lags. :rofl:

I had that problem, any program I had played 720p at a cost of 60~90% CPU at any one time. Then I switched to the latest build of VLC..

GTA IV Police & Wanted Level Details

Monday, 9 July, 2007 at 8:54 PST

A magazine with the odd name GamesTM has exciting new GTA IV details regarding police, wanted levels and much more:

* Star Junction is the GTA name for Times Square

* Little Jacob is a Caribbean arms dealer and an associate of Niko Bellic that helps him get armed with weaponry.

* Niko will have the ability to hail a taxi in the game.

* A place called Rotterdam Hill is mentioned in the preview.

* The trip skip feature can be used here to skip the long cab ride to the location.

* A law film called Goldberg, Ligner and Shyster is in the game.

* Niko enters an internet cafe and uploads his CV (curriculum vit?), also known as a r?sum?, to get an interview with and to kill Goldberg. Niko goes to the Tw@ Cafe, a place that was originally in GTA III. The magazine says that "GTA IV's web is accessible from any computer in the game, and provides a hub for all sorts of interactivity within Liberty City. The extent of GTA IV's World Wide Web use is still being kept under wraps, but we're promised that it's huge, and very, very important."

* Niko receives a phone call after he sends his CV.

* A place called Castle Gardens is where Niko goes to see a person named McReary. The place is a "coast-side hangout overlooking The Statue of Happiness."

* Niko knows about where a man he has to kill is standing, but in order to make sure, he calls the man and sees who gets a phone out. He identifies the person and kills him.

* In terms of wanted level and police artificial intelligence, "any crime you commit will give you a wanted level." However, "instead of the cops just screaming to your position, the star rating you're 'awarded' translates to a visible search area on the radar. If you manage to escape the circular search area then your wanted level will flash and disappear. If you're spotted, though, the center of the circle changes to your position, and you have to start again."

* "In GTA IV, every single street is named (as opposed to just the districts), and the police use this information to track down criminals. If you're spotted on Star Junction in a Comet, for example, you'll hear it on the police radio. Escape the police's line of sight, however, and the ball's suddenly in your court."

* A store called Perseus is a new clothing retailer in the GTA world that, in the preview, sold Niko a suit and shoes.

* Niko died in the demo that Rockstar gave the magazine.

SOURCE

If you remember, when driving around, buildings would magically appear on the screen out of nowhere. Looks like that is fixed so now you can see everything miles ahead without any surprise "pop ups".
Buildings that would suddenly appear in front of you because the game hadn't loaded it yet.

Ah thank you.

Never reeeeally played GTA before yesterday, just messed about on others games, now i got GTA SA for my 360 I'm really lookin' forward to IV, kinda a lil bit peeved that I like SA cos I get to be gangsta and in IV you're an immigrant but meh, still looks beaute!

Never reeeeally played GTA before yesterday, just messed about on others games, now i got GTA SA for my 360 I'm really lookin' forward to IV, kinda a lil bit peeved that I like SA cos I get to be gangsta and in IV you're an immigrant but meh, still looks beaute!

Gangsta's are gehy.

I'm actually glad R* didn't take the typical gangster route this time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way...

* A law film called Goldberg, Ligner and Shyster is in the game.

What was that from, LCS, or VCS?

* In terms of wanted level and police artificial intelligence, "any crime you commit will give you a wanted level." However, "instead of the cops just screaming to your position, the star rating you're 'awarded' translates to a visible search area on the radar. If you manage to escape the circular search area then your wanted level will flash and disappear. If you're spotted, though, the center of the circle changes to your position, and you have to start again."

Sounds like Scarface