Grand Theft Auto IV

I am SO needing a damn 360 now ... time to save up $

I just looked at the trailer and only one word comes in my mind AWESOME another bog reason to get a PS3

:blink: I can understand you want to get the game, but why would it be a reason to get the PS3? If anything, the 360 will have episodic content available for it so it would be a reason to get teh 360.

Or because the stuff might be already on the Blu-Ray disk to begin with?

ehh... the exclusive content?? Are you looney? Microsoft paid 25Million for the 2008 exclusive content, I'd bet that you won't see that content on PS3 for many years.

:blink: I can understand you want to get the game, but why would it be a reason to get the PS3? If anything, the 360 will have episodic content available for it so it would be a reason to get teh 360.

:sleep:

You're just to passionate ;)

Nah, I get Ironman's argument, unless he had no intention of getting a 360 in the first place. If you're buying a console essentially for a game, and it's multiplatform, might as well get the best (confirmed so far) version out there.

But if wanted a PS3 for other games, and this is just a cincher, *shrug*

ehh... the exclusive content?? Are you looney? Microsoft paid 25Million for the 2008 exclusive content, I'd bet that you won't see that content on PS3 for many years.

They paid $50mil for the exclusive content.

Nah, I get Ironman's argument, unless he had no intention of getting a 360 in the first place. If you're buying a console essentially for a game, and it's multiplatform, might as well get the best (confirmed so far) version out there.

But if wanted a PS3 for other games, and this is just a cincher, *shrug*

Thanks soniq. That's exactly what I meant. I could've understood a comment like that in the MGS4 or FF thread. There's a reason to buy a PS3.

As far as everyone on this board knows the 360 game should have more content than the PS3 game. It could change but as of now that's all we know. All things being equal, if you need to get a console to play GTA4 the 360 would be the obvious choice.

The fact that you would even argue with that logic, MGS3 and Quicksilver, kind of points out the passionate and critical ones here...

They paid $50mil for the exclusive content.

I thought it was 25mil for 2008 content and then 25 mil for 2009 content?? eh I can't remember, but yea 50milion overall.

Little bit of new news about GTA IV

New information:

- There will be no Ammu Nation shops anymore.

- The girl with the lollipop is called Lola. It seems that she is a prostitute, but no further information is given about her.

- If you take a cab you can mark any point on the map in order to arrive there. There are even special options: If you have have hunger, you will be driven to the next fast food restaurant. If you’re hurt you’ll be driven to the hospital.

- If the police searches you, you won’t find a cab that will transport you.

- The camera is now positioned lower and more left when you sit in a car. According to Rockstar this gives a more realistic feeling. But there are still different camera settings.

- If you’re in a mission, the map not only shows a symbol, but even a line with the best route.

- You can walk, run or sprint. Latter will make you exhausted after a while.

- In the mission where you have to kill the Lawyer Mr. Goldberg there is a dialogue between him and Niko (after Niko pulled out his gun). Goldberg says: “I don’t fear guns. You know, guns don’t kill people - Videogames kill people.”

- The following shootout with the police is one of the best ever in a GTA-game according to the magazine. You have to cover and shoot while things fly through the room from the bullets. One policeman even fell down the escalator when they shoot him in the knee.

That’s all new information that we already don’t know.

Note: Some screens in the mag are labeled with “PS3″. No confirmation if this is true, but if yes, these should be the first screens of the PS3 version.

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=81

Way to go rockstar, glad to see the humour is still there (with the whole lawyer blaming games thing) :laugh:

(note - I know some of the grammer etc is wrong, but the info was printed in a german magazine, and then translated by someone for the website I've linked to).

Edited by WelshBluebird

It all sounds great, except for the "line showing you the best route".

That takes the fun and challenge out of some of the missions. I hope you can turn that off.

I thought it was 25mil for 2008 content and then 25 mil for 2009 content?? eh I can't remember, but yea 50milion overall.

Maybe it was like that but I thought both Episodes were coming in '08.

Once we've marked out the internet caf? on our map (which, in typical Rockstar fashion, is called TW@)....

Bahahhahahaha!!!