Grand Theft Auto IV

Preordered the limited editin with the bag and crap the other day =D.

Yeah, until CJ gets out his 9 milli and pops him one.

That or his fighter jet

Edited by Smigit

Ditto :D

hehe. THis game actually has me more excited than Halo and the special edition to me includes better things than halo's. I'm still not even sure I'll bother ordering the halo collectors edition (the non masterchief head one). The helmet was cool but for me not worth doubling the price over and the making of DVD in the other one is something I'll use once.

I love the swag in the GTA one but and the soundtrack should be awesome if the past games are anything to go by. Also have an order on Bioshock since they take $20 off if you preorder at EB here and I love the look of that Big Daddy figurine.

Ditto :D

diditto

hehe. THis game actually has me more excited than Halo and the special edition to me includes better things than halo's. I'm still not even sure I'll bother ordering the halo collectors edition (the non masterchief head one). The helmet was cool but for me not worth doubling the price over and the making of DVD in the other one is something I'll use once.

I love the swag in the GTA one but and the soundtrack should be awesome if the past games are anything to go by. Also have an order on Bioshock since they take $20 off if you preorder at EB here and I love the look of that Big Daddy figurine.

I preordered the limited edition primarily to get the soundtrack.

Always so great

Last year at E3 we told you that Rockstar Games? signature freestyle crime series Grand Theft Auto IV would be coming to Xbox 360. In September at X06 we added that GTA IV for Xbox 360 would featurepisodic downloadable contentb>. Today we can tell you that this amazing first-of-a-kind feature for the Grand Theft Auto series will bavailable only on Xbox 360b>. Read it again.

SOURCE

Well there we have it, $50Mils worth!

Uhh, you still have no idea what they contain..

and "First-of-a-kind feature"? It's called an expansion pack.

I don't think you read that properly.

First of all it's a quote, I?m not proclaiming these things.

Second, I never said I knew what the content is just that it cost $50Mil.

And third it clearly says ".first-of-a-kind feature for the Grand Theft Auto seriesb>..."

Don't shoot the messenger!;);)

Id say GTAVC and GTASA were GTAIII expansion packs

Same engine, just another theme.

But then again, they were standalone soooooooooooo

I guess youre right - I take it back! :o

GTA IV Multi-player Info

Wednesday, 11 July, 2007 at 11:04 PST

Xbox.com has officially confirmed two things. First, that Niko is a "Russian immigrant" and not simply "Eastern European" as many claimed after hearing his accent.

Second, we have the following multi-player tidbit:

"In addition to the exclusive content for Xbox 360, GTA IV will feature a multiplayer mode on Xbox LIVE that will match the drama and intensity of Niko?s solo mission."

This comes after OPM Australia printed the following in their May issue:

"Although being able to play through the main game co-operatively with another player has been ruled out, there will be co-operative aspects of the multiplayer mode."

There's one more thing I want to mention, though. Microsoft's Peter Moore and the source for this news item have both re-confirmed over the past 24 hours that the release dates for Grand Theft Auto IV are, at this point in time, unchanged. October 16, 2007 for North America and October 19, 2007 in Europe are the dates. One week after the 19th on the 26th is the projected Australian date. This crushes current delay rumors for now.

How to interpret that?

I gotta get a new X360!

New GTA4 Details Emerge

Posted by adamcs at 12:04.

Some new GTA IV gameplay details have emerged in the latest issue of UK magazine PLAY. It clarifies a lot of the things mentioned in the GamesTM exclusive preview which we told you about on Monday. Here are some of the new points:

* McReary, the character we learned about in GamesTM, is a corrupt cop. He has "dirt on Niko's past." The mission they previewed is called "Call and Collect."

* Little Jacob (a caribbean arms dealer) is a good friend of Niko's cousin. When you buy weapons from him (which are kept in his trunk) you can scroll through them like you did in Ammu-Nation in the previous GTA games.

* Rotterdam Hill (the place where Niko agrees to meet Jacob) is in Alderney - the GTA IV equivalent of New Jersey.

* Niko kills Goldberg (the shady lawyer) because he owes a favour to somebody.

* Rockstar showed the sequence where he kills Goldberg twice. The first time he fell out of the window, the second time he merely crumpled on the floor.

* When purchasing clothes, you have to choose the items from the shelf individually.

* Determining which figures you need to kill requires perception - there are no arrowheads to direct you like in the previous games.

* Once you gain a wanted-level, the map flashes with circles of blue and red, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase. The circles differ in size depending on your wanted-level.

* The default camera view when driving rests around the left-hand side of the car above the road.

* Multiplayer is accessed via your mobile phone.

* The combat rests somewhere between Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War in terms of style, allowing you to roll, find protection and blind-fire from behind cover.

* Shooting different parts of the body has different impacts (e.g shoot a security guard in the foot at the top of the stairs, and he'll come tumbling down.)

* In GTA IV you have to develop relationships with other characters. Your relationship with Little Jacob, for example, is maintained through phone calls and loyalty. Developing good relationships with different characters can provide different rewards.

SOURCE

Cooooooooooool

More previews on their way..

Posted by adamcs at 13:08.

GTAReactor.de are reporting that the August edition of German magazine "Games Aktuell" will contain a new and exclusive preview of Grand Theft Auto IV, with 20 screenshots and an exclusive video (very unlikely to be game footage). We are expecting this preview to be much the same as the PLAY and GamesTM articles that we summarized last week, so although we might learn one or two new details, don't expect much.

In addition, SPOnG revealed today that they were treated to an in-depth preview by Rockstar earlier yesterday. However, they won't be able to tell us about it until "a little later next month." We can expect previews from GameSpot, IGN, and Kikizo etc. at around the same time I imagine.

In other news, Adriaan has decided to stop writing for GTANet, and will instead be working with Jordan over at our partner site PlanetGTA. We are also delighted to welcome back Tsuroki err.. Andy to the team, who left for a short while to sort out his life and stuff. He promises he hasn't changed a bit.

And finally, be sure to check out our new and fully up-to-date features page, which all staff contributed to.

SOURCE

Minor GTA IV Details Emerge

Posted by adamcs at 19:43.

Some new (relatively minor) details have emerged in the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine (US):

OXM

* We find out that McReary's first name is Francis, and that he knows about a felony Niko committed. It also mentions that McReary has a moustache, which suggests he is the character seen in this official artwork.

* The weapons on offer by Little Jacob included a 9mm, a shotgun, an SMG, and a micro SMG.

* Before Niko submitted his cv/r?sum? to the Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster website, OXM got a quick glimpse of his work history and qualificationsIt notes that Niko was on the "Balkan Peace Force," and that he is procificent in swimming, shooting and boxingb> (it also says later in the preview that you are able to swim to the Statue of Happiness, or get a boat there.)

* Niko steals a black Comet before heading to the Humboldt River Viewpoint, to kill the man who stole McReary's memory stick.

* GTA IV will include a pool mini-game, and many other mini-games. "You'll play at least some of these while hanging out with NPCs like Little Jacob."

* Neither the 9/11 terrorist attacks nor Ground Zero will be referenced in any way in the game.b>

* The receptionist from Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster, who calls Niko to inform him about his interview, is called Karen.

SOURCE

GTA just luving this game i guess this game wirth have moree 2000 page discussionGTA just luving this game i guess this game wirth have moree 2000 page discussion

This game isn't worth 75 pages.

It's one of, if not the biggest, most expansive, detailed, interactive games ever created. It's the only game I've played for more than an hour in the last 3 or 4 years.

It's worth 1000 pages and it's own forum section. <3