• South Africa
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • West Indies
    • Other (Please State)

btw.. how can an Irish playergets to play for UK?.. do all Irish cticzens have dual citizenship of UK or Joyce took the citizenship of UK?..

If you are from the north of ireland yes, you can get dual . . u are considered british up there but can get an irish passport too.handy when travelling in the middle east.

Ed Joyce is from The south, but in Cricket if you live in the country for 4 years u can play for them...hence why joyce is a sellout.

did anyone see last night's match? it wasn't that exciting until the last few overs of the match where SA tried choking. 4 wickets in 4 balls.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJ0xpvFQBw

Missed it myself, past my bedtime.

If you are from the north of ireland yes, you can get dual . . u are considered british up there but can get an irish passport too.handy when travelling in the middle east.

Ed Joyce is from The south, but in Cricket if you live in the country for 4 years u can play for them...hence why joyce is a sellout.

You called Ed Joyce a sell out.

So all the English & Scottish born football players of Scottish or English parents that had a great great grandparent that may have been Irish playing for E.I.R.E. are they also 'sell outs'?

The same reasoning could also be said of all the British born men and women some that are 5th generation supporting India or Pakistan at cricket are they also sell outs?

England and Wales (thats what the England team really are) have had South Africans, Australians, New Zealanders and West indians playing for them.

Some of what you wrote is right, however correct me if it's changed, but when you join a country if you don't declare you can play for England you are seen as an overseas player, if you are a South African of course there is a period of 4 years residency before you can play for England.

Edited by leesmithg

The guy for Sri Lanka is a deadly weapon to have. Lasinth Malinga's bowling technique is funny to watch but truly effective. LOL The guy is one of the best I've seen bowling.

He's a fast bowler.

You called Ed Joyce a sell out.

So all the English & Scottish born football players of Scottish or English parents that had a great great grandparent that may have been Irish playing for E.I.R.E. are they also 'sell outs'?

The same reasoning could also be said of all the British born men and women some that are 5th generation supporting India or Pakistan at cricket are they also sell outs?

England and Wales (thats what the England team really are) have had South Africans, Australians, New Zealanders and West indians playing for them.

Some of what you wrote is right, however correct me if it's changed, but when you join a country if you don't declare you can play for England you are seen as an overseas player, if you are a South African of course there is a period of 4 years residency before you can play for England

One is only a sell out if they are Irish and play for England. :whistle:

the love for cricket LOL this was in Antigua for the West Indies vs Australia match. :rofl:

post-17178-1175271467.jpg

Westindies gone out god what is this world cup coming too. It was so depressing watching windies struggle today. .

This world cup is a commercial disaster

Brilliant Game yesterday watching England vs Sri Lanka.

if you want to see pics of the Super 8 games in Antigua check this site: www.cricketlime.com lots of serious fans in the stadium.

The Sri Lanka vs England game was intense. I thought England would be able to pull it off. It was an awesome fightback by them though. The extras really killed them. Sri Lanka have been involved in a couple of tight matches so far.