F1 World Championship 2007 Thread

Formula One World Championship 2007  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the world champion this year?

• F. Alonso
    • L. Hamilton
    • G. Fisichella
    • H. Kovalainen
    • F. Massa
    • K. Raikkonen
    • J. Button
    • R. Barrichello
    • N. Heidfield
    • someone else...
  2. 2. Which team will win the Constructors Cup?

• McLaren
    • Renault
    • Ferrari
    • Honda
    • BMW Sauber
    • Toyota
    • Red Bull
    • Williams
    • Torro Rosso
    • Spyker / Super Aguri

Driver of the day must surely be..

Taku!

Passing Kimi and Fernando to get 6th place and 3 more points for .. Super Aguri!

But overall, a fantastic race, although very unfortunate for Kubica.

q

Good to hear Kubica is ok. One hell of a crash - the worst I've seen in a while. Was looking pretty serious for a few minutes what with all the medics and lack of movement.

Great job by Hamilton and Heidfeld though. They both kept going perfectly throughout all the mayhem. Really please about Hamilton. :D

Wurz did good too, with the chunk of his rear wing missing. I'm surprised it didn't break or fall off.

Sato was doing brilliant at the end. I was amazed when he beat Ralf in a straight fight, but Alonso? A few more laps and Raikkonen would have been under attack from him too. :laugh:

Alonso drove poorly today. He really had problems with the first corner, and almost committed the biggest no-no of F1.

What a great win for Hamilton.

Truly amazing what he's done so far.

I wouldn't go so far with the comparison's to Ayrton Senna though, they're not in the same league, let's see what Hamilton's accomplished in the next 10 years.

Brilliant drive by Sato aswel, i love him, cheeky chappy.

I totally agree gourjays.

Was one hell of a race.

Sad crash for Kubica and I thought it was going to be real serious until he got out of the car. Fortunately only a broken leg for him.

As for the race well... HAMILTON! Well done to him.

As for Takuma Sato... well what can you say?

Good race and the best so far this season.

Cracking drive by Hamilton to get his first win in a difficult race. Good drive by Sato as well, both year old hondas beat this years honda :) Wurz had a handy race as well.

Hope Kubica gets over his broken leg quickly.

Robert Kubica certainly had an amazing crash and he had a lucky escape.

Well done to Lewis Hamilton. Many times I thought he wasn't going to make it, but glad he did! :D

I have no idea what happened!! All those pit mistakes, penalties and crashes! It was definitely hectic.

I still cannot believe Sato pass Alonso there in the final laps! wow! And that pass by Alonso in the pits to get a jump on Raikonen? Incredible

Although, I found that Alonso didn't hvae a good race straight from the get-go. He must have cut that chicane 4-5x today.

Can someone please explain to me why Fischicela & Massa got black flagged?

Something to do with leaving the pits when the exit was closed when the safety car was out.

pit exit was closed (red light) as the safety car was getting close to the pit straight, and they both left the pit and so left before they were allowed. kubica and 1 or 2 others were the only ones to wait for the green light

Wow what an amazing race! :yes:

I'm glad Kubica is OK, this was the worst crash I have seen in years. And Hamilton was perfect as always... I really hope McLaren will let him fight with Alonso...

p.s. sorry about not posting results, I had problems with my internet connection

Lewis Hamilton was the Dogs - Bollocks yesterday.

I wonder how long it will be till Alonso becomes #2 driver?

I think now, due to the fact Hamilton is top of the pile.

^- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/6739431.stm

concussion is to be expected after a crash at that speed, but to come out with no broken bones is a testament to the safety of F1 cars now-a-days

yep. Saw the crash this morning on the news, and couldn't believe he walked away from that. It's just mad. Well done the the engineers of these cars.

Alonso saying Mclaren perfer Lewis over him. He can make me laugh sometimes, he's sour because he had an appauling race. He also can't take it that Mclaren want to at least help Lewis because they spent a lot of time getting him where he is now, not chance of them giving up.

Alonso saying Mclaren perfer Lewis over him. He can make me laugh sometimes, he's sour because he had an appauling race. He also can't take it that Mclaren want to at least help Lewis because they spent a lot of time getting him where he is now, not chance of them giving up.

Did he say that? Bitter... A team will always support it's fastest driver if he can win the championship, which Hamilton certainly can. Maybe Alonso should just up his game and stop making stupid mistakes on the very first corner of a race. Hamilton has been nothing but consistent.

Vettel to replace Kubica at Indy

15 June 2007

BMW Sauber's Sebastian Vettel will make his Formula One race debut at this weekend's US Grand Prix after FIA medical staff advised Robert Kubica not to race following his high-speed crash in Canada. Kubica suffered only concussion and a sprained ankle in the Montreal accident and told Thursday's press conference at Indianapolis that he was feeling 100 percent. However, athough the FIA doctors largely agreed, they felt it unwise for the Polish driver to risk the chance of a second concussion in such a short space of time.

The decision means Vettel gets a race call-up, while fellow German tester Timo Glock becomes BMW Sauber's reserve driver at Indy. Vettel, aged just 19, made several impressive third-driver outings with the team in Friday practice sessions last season and this season is competing in the World Series by Renault.

"Of course, I am looking forward to my first F1 race," he said, "but I wish it had come under different circumstances. It's never nice if a team mate can't drive because he had an accident. For me the Indianapolis Speedway is unknown territory, but I have prepared myself for this situation and tomorrow I have two 90 minute practice sessions. I know the car very well as I have quite a lot of testing miles under my belt."

Kubica is expected to return to the cockpit for the French Grand Prix on July 1, assuming he is given the all clear by medics ahead of the Magny-Cours race.

"Naturally I'm disappointed because I felt absolutely ready to race," he said. "But I respect the decision. It was made because there is too much risk to let me race in this Grand Prix in case I have had another impact so soon after Montreal. I will go home now. I wish Sebastian all the best. It is good for him and I am pretty sure he will do a good job."

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen added: "We respect the decision of the medical personnel. The team was prepared for this situation. Sebastian will receive all possible support from us and we hope for another good race here."

source

You know what does my head in about F1 recently? The way the race scheduling has changed from being every two weeks. It is now every four weeks, every week, every two weeks, every four weeks, every week. It is stupid.

The Calender is fine, they can't have teams travel all the time. They need time to do stuff to the car.

They do major development between october and march. So the calender is fine for me :)