The black 360 is coming

well if i were them id better start with this issue cuz im really hoping this isnt true cuz its gonna suck for me and all the other 10 million 360 owners :(

well if i were them id better start with this issue cuz im really hoping this isnt true cuz its gonna suck for me and all the other 10 million 360 owners :(

Why is that?

-Spenser

Why? You knew what you were buying when you bought it. If the current 360 doesn't serve your needs, then you shouldn't have bought it.

Yet another misguided person.

and we needed another thread for this why? I'm sorry, but your opinion is yours, and it's retarded that you felt that your opinion warranted ANOTHER thread on this topic, when you could have just as easily posted in the original thread that is 4 things down.

Please :no:

I can't seem to understand this attitude that if you bought a X360, then you are entitled to any upgrade that Microsoft releases. I guess my brain is not advanced enough to comprehend such behavior :s

but buying a $175 120gb hard drive on top of the $400 already spent which totals to $575 almost a ps3...when u can get the 120gb hard drive on the 360 with the HDMI for $475?

the price for the hard drive hasn't been announced. You're complaining about something which is still a rumor, even with this magazine article, not to mention the typical user does not need more than 20gb. The original xbox did rather fine with 10gb. You are just sad because you want the "latest and greatest."

did u see all the HD content on Live? how is that gonna fit on the 360 with 13gb hard drive and with all arcade games wich is around 1gb so in around 12gb u can fit 2 hd movies thats not enough :( and im not complaining just stating...and if u read my first post i said if it comes out..

People need to stop complaining about this, it seems to follow the black 360 wherever there is a story about it. Here is some news for you people; prety much ever major console both portable and fixed that has been has had some sort of update in its product life cycle and thats a fact. If you done your homework you would have been patient and waited to see what the situation was with this black console before buying the current one. At the end of the day it's Microsoft's right as a competing company to update their products in order to keep in line with the competition which results in a better product for us the consumer. The older version will still play and do all the current stuff just as well as this rumored new one. Now if MS stuck a more advanced CPU/GPU in it which could render things even better then there would be cause for complaint or outrage, but this is not the case here.

They should equip the Core with a 20GB HDD if the Premiums are all going to come with 120GB after Summer. 20GB is good enough for me, so I hope they give us the option to stay with the smaller HDD.

I guess I can't be upset about it since it's great news, but I really wish they wouldn't make it a limited edition... I want to get one eventually, but I don't have that kind of change laying around.

People need to stop complaining about this, it seems to follow the black 360 wherever there is a story about it. Here is some news for you people; prety much ever major console both portable and fixed that has been has had some sort of update in its product life cycle and thats a fact. If you done your homework you would have been patient and waited to see what the situation was with this black console before buying the current one. At the end of the day it's Microsoft's right as a competing company to update their products in order to keep in line with the competition which results in a better product for us the consumer. The older version will still play and do all the current stuff just as well as this rumored new one. Now if MS stuck a more advanced CPU/GPU in it which could render things even better then there would be cause for complaint or outrage, but this is not the case here.

I agree completely. You guys need to stop making a big deal over something like this. If you want one that bad, sell your old one and buy the new one.

and we needed another thread for this why? I'm sorry, but your opinion is yours, and it's retarded that you felt that your opinion warranted ANOTHER thread on this topic, when you could have just as easily posted in the original thread that is 4 things down.

Please :no:

Dude you posted three times in a forum that was supposedly "retarded". So that comment was unnecessary and very, in slang terms, retarded. Don't do it again.

Dude you posted three times in a forum that was supposedly "retarded". So that comment was unnecessary and very, in slang terms, retarded. Don't do it again.

I reported the thread to get merged already, so I can comment on it as long as it gets merged.

And you are?

Yeah, I can't justify buying a new one when I don't exactly need the space upgrade and it works fine. (referring to the limited time ^)

I'm getting this just for the HDMI, sadly. :( I don't care too much for the extra HDD space, but that is a plus. I hope I can get a decent amount for my current 360. Argh, this is so frustrating. :angry:

When does this come out?

I'm getting this just for the HDMI, sadly. :( I don't care too much for the extra HDD space, but that is a plus. I hope I can get a decent amount for my current 360. Argh, this is so frustrating. :angry:

When does this come out?

they say it'll be out late next month. it might be wise, if you're going to sell your current 360, to sell soon...because as news spreads, others will start selling theirs too and you might not be able to sell at a good price.

i just want my new 360 that i won from vanishing point to come already. my friend wants to buy it for $350, and i want to get it to him before he changes his mind and goes for the new model.

All i need to here now is...."Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of patriots on XBOX 360" and I'm re-entering the console market. I decided to stick with PC gaming when i heard the ps3 was 500$/600$. I used to have an xbox and was pleased, but the PS2 had the exclusives i wanted.

If MGS moved to multi-platform status i would defiantly buy a 360. However I'm doubtful this will happen.

This new black XBOX better be also physically smaller, using 65nm chip tech, run cooler, doesn't die to 3 Red Lights, use more powerful fans, quieter optical drive

It'd be nice if it also had built-in HD-DVD and built-in wifi, cuz that's what the Sony camp is running with.

I'm still not convinced. If I'm wrong then fine, but things just don't add up.

- First of all, the only thing the Elite offers over a PS3 is a bigger hard drive but without a "next gen" DVD drive.

- Secondly it just brings the 360s price point closer to the PS3s which IMO is a big advantage that MS has over Sony right now. Why just made them only a $20 difference even if its for a limited time?

- Third, why April and so soon after the eventless GDC? Surely MS would announce the Elite to counter Sony's announcement of Home and LittleBigPlanet if they were planning on releasing a third SKU. How often are new console SKUs released in April?

- Also, besides Engadget, most sites that people claim to have confirmed the Xbox 360 Elite are just quoting the Game Informer article. I don't really feel like going through archive, but I'm pretty sure that GI had April Fools jokes just last year, so I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt.

I just don't see the benefit of bringing out a higher-priced SKU at the moment. MS would be much better off with a price drop. The 360 is only really competing with the Wii and PS2 right now until more PS3 games come out. There are still a lot of consumers holding out until they can get a cheaper next-gen console, while some others (likely parents for the most part) are just settling for a PS2 or Wii just because of the price tag. If this was happening in the fall, I wouldn't question anything (other than a lack of price drop), but something just doesn't seem right.

(If we see new 360s a month from now, I'm willing to admit I was wrong, but that just seems like a weird strategy to me. Seems like a better option to include 120GB hard drives in all premiums when they add IPTV in the fall update.)