The black 360 is coming

For Microsoft it would be a great idea to have both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray drives, hell have a Dual player for under ?500 (If the Blu-Ray drive was same price as HD-DVD drive) But I doubt they would, as it would be a massive blow to Toshiba if they did.

To be honest though I half expect someone to make a hack to allow the 360 HD-DVD drive to work on the PS3.

For Microsoft it would be a great idea to have both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray drives, hell have a Dual player for under ?500 (If the Blu-Ray drive was same price as HD-DVD drive) But I doubt they would, as it would be a massive blow to Toshiba if they did.

To be honest though I half expect someone to make a hack to allow the 360 HD-DVD drive to work on the PS3.

well the first toshiba HD-DVD player used a modified linux OS. The PS3 can run linux. So it isn't impossible (also considering the 360's HD-DVD drive already works with windows).

Yay! Once you go black, you never go back :shiftyninja:

LMFAO!

cant wait for this, gonna look amazing, so glad i havent brought a 360 yet, hopefully this comes out before next GTA so that i can play the greatest game ever made on the greatest console ever made ;)

The San Jose Mercury News' Dean Takahashi has a bit more details on the rumored Xbox 360 Elite edition that Game Informer reported on earlier this month.

Game Informer had already reported that the new, black 360 would come with a 120-gig hard drive and HDMI out and sell for $479.

Takahashi adds that the new 360 will habe IPTV capabilities, something I suggested would make sense, and that the new design will also implement the a chip redesign, shifting from 90 nanometer to 65 nanometer, resulting in a significant drop in cost to Microsoft.

Takahashi adds that he thinks the introduction of the new 360, which will be produced in limited quantities, will not effect the price of the current core or 20-gig models.

I suspect that this new model will hit in April, with official word coming as early as next week. I also wouldn't be surprised that if consumer interest shifted to the newer model, that Microsoft drops the price on their current models by this holiday season.

I thought MS said the current 360s would be IPTV capable?

source

Thanks for the pic and links, guys. :) I guess I was wrong. April still seems like the wrong time to introduce this, IMO, but it's Microsoft's decision in the end. Hopefully all works well for them.

Thanks for the pic and links, guys. :) I guess I was wrong. April still seems like the wrong time to introduce this, IMO, but it's Microsoft's decision in the end. Hopefully all works well for them.

Well, technically, they haven't introduced it yet.

From the front page:

Xbox 360 Elite systems on a Chinese production line have been caught on camera. The images not only show the sleek, black exterior of the Xbox 360 Elite, but a close-up image shows the 120GB hard disk drive (HDD) fitted atop the console. Further confirmation of the Xbox 360 Elite came over the weekend from Dean Takahashi, the man at The Mercury News who was the first to break the news of the Xbox 360's upcoming IPTV service. Likewise, promotional materials from Gamestop have been spotted which detail the 120GB which will be made available as a stand-alone upgrade for current Xbox 360 owners.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/26/xb...oduction-shots/

BAM!

xbox-elite-production-1.jpg

ee49cfb6f2ac54e04be3bfefb8de3b27.jpg

40d11d8cb3768cbb0952e0500955d3b6.jpg

897256952888d2614ed853ac5996d3c4.jpg

apparently the person who got the camera in smuggled it in threw their butt...no joke :|

Edited by Netrack

apparently the person who got the camera in smuggled it in threw there butt...no joke :|

i found that to be the best part of this story :laugh:

**** it, I'm buying one. I'm saving up, selling my current, and buying one. I have to have that beautiful machine.

**** it, I'm buying one. I'm saving up, selling my current, and buying one. I have to have that beautiful machine.

and back at microsoft headquarters, the execs are laughing maniacally and saying, "just as we planned..." :laugh:

...i'm kidding :shifty:

i'll wait for my current 360 to crap out before i look into getting one of these. hopefully by then they have the white version available.

I'm sure they are too :laugh:

I just usually go for black electronics... I just find them a lot more appealing than silver or white or any other color, so naturally it would be the same with my 360. But I can afford it, and I'd get money back by selling my current one, so it's not a bad deal for me. Besides, I got mine for my birthday ;)

:santa:

I hope that isn't some subliminal message saying it'll be released for Christmas... That's too long... :cry:

I'm sure they are too :laugh:

I just usually go for black electronics... I just find them a lot more appealing than silver or white or any other color, so naturally it would be the same with my 360. But I can afford it, and I'd get money back by selling my current one, so it's not a bad deal for me. Besides, I got mine for my birthday ;)

Yeah, same.

Black iPod, black cell phone, black notebook. Black 360 will be the new addition to the family :yes: