The black 360 is coming

Does this version have a significant advantage over the current one? Seeing as how it would be possible to buy a new HD for the current version, and other than the HDMI, is there something about this one that's worth the money to you?

I'm on the edge myself. I'm kinda feeling ****ed, but thats just my nature, and I cna see why MS will do this. So I'm just wanting to see if I should get it or not, or just wait until my current 360 craps out.

Does this version have a significant advantage over the current one? Seeing as how it would be possible to buy a new HD for the current version, and other than the HDMI, is there something about this one that's worth the money to you?

I'm on the edge myself. I'm kinda feeling ****ed, but thats just my nature, and I cna see why MS will do this. So I'm just wanting to see if I should get it or not, or just wait until my current 360 craps out.

65nm processor chips (cooler), new (quieter, faster) BenQ drives.

That's it, apart from the bigger HDD and HDMI output.

Man, a quieter DVD drive :(. Always wanted that.

Will the cooler chips mean a longer lasting 360? I hope that eventually this kinda stuff gets worked into the current line.

Man, a quieter DVD drive :(. Always wanted that.

Will the cooler chips mean a longer lasting 360? I hope that eventually this kinda stuff gets worked into the current line.

I'd imagine so. Some of the 360 failures are down to overheating problems.

The black console is of limited numbers. Once they are done producing those, the Elite (120gb HDD, HDMI) will be come Premium (but white again) and the current Premium will become Core.

At least I think that's the score. I'm sure it's all posted on the first page ;)

I'd imagine so. Some of the 360 failures are down to overheating problems.

The black console is of limited numbers. Once they are done producing those, the Elite (120gb HDD, HDMI) will be come Premium (but white again) and the current Premium will become Core.

At least I think that's the score. I'm sure it's all posted on the first page ;)

I know its on the first page, sorry.

I had ulterior motives. I was using you to help make up my own mind :laugh:. Sorry, thanks :).

I know its on the first page, sorry.

I had ulterior motives. I was using you to help make up my own mind :laugh:. Sorry, thanks :).

:hug:

If the current premium becomes core, then what happens to core owners who take their core back to the shops for a replacement???!

Richard

xxx

If the current premium becomes core, then what happens to core owners who take their core back to the shops for a replacement???!

Richard

xxx

You'll probably get what's currently known as the Premium since it's supposed to end up the same price as what the Core currently costs. :)

Im not saying that its not real, but you have to consider that those might just be some of the custom cases' you can buy.

I'm at work and just spoke to one of our Harvey Norman stores. They are expecting them, but have no dates or prices.

I don't think they have been confirmed to be using the 65nm chips, have they?

I don't think they have been confirmed to be using the 65nm chips, have they?

About as much as they've been confirmed at all. I'm not saying those pictures are fake, I'm just saying that any real specs beyond the blackness and the HDD are pure speculation.

-Spenser

You'll probably get what's currently known as the Premium since it's supposed to end up the same price as what the Core currently costs. :)

Hehe, heheheheh! :woot:

That'd be great, anyone here work at an electronics store? How would you think they'd deal with that situation?

Thanks

Richard

xxx

Hehe, heheheheh! :woot:

That'd be great, anyone here work at an electronics store? How would you think they'd deal with that situation?

Thanks

Richard

xxx

If they still had remaining Core stock (the current Core), then that's what you'd get.

I don't think they core, as we know it right now, we die off right away. I still beleave MS will (in order to get rid of any stock they have), pull price drop and make the core $199. This way they can undercut the Wii, and also get rid of stock, then they can drop the premium to $299 and the Elite will take the $399 spot once the limited black units are sold out and shift back to the white ones.

I also see them having a limited time offer/sale for any 20GB HDDs left to get rid of those also from stores to make way for the newer 120GB. This all depends ont he price of the 120GB hdd though. I think it'l be between $129-$149. It can't be much more then that or they won't sell any.

I don't think they core, as we know it right now, we die off right away. I still beleave MS will (in order to get rid of any stock they have), pull price drop and make the core $199. This way they can undercut the Wii, and also get rid of stock, then they can drop the premium to $299 and the Elite will take the $399 spot once the limited black units are sold out and shift back to the white ones.

I also see them having a limited time offer/sale for any 20GB HDDs left to get rid of those also from stores to make way for the newer 120GB. This all depends ont he price of the 120GB hdd though. I think it'l be between $129-$149. It can't be much more then that or they won't sell any.

The 120GB HDD will be $600.