The black 360 is coming

This new black XBOX better be also physically smaller, using 65nm chip tech, run cooler, doesn't die to 3 Red Lights, use more powerful fans, quieter optical drive

It'd be nice if it also had built-in HD-DVD and built-in wifi, cuz that's what the Sony camp is running with.

wow that would be cool if it did happen!

I work at Costco. Provided you have the box and all the original stuff it came with, just bring it back with the reciept. They will give you a refund no problem. We have the best return policy in the business. You are lucky you got it at Costco and not somewhere else, or you would be SOL.

I see 3-4 year old TV's being brought back all the time. You won't have a problem with the 360...

who the hell cares if it's black or white! it works - that's all that matters for me. And, personally, I like it white :p

Edited by b0m8er

i still dont want to believe it!

i wont believe it till its officaill announced... i dont see what anyone has to gain over these rumours so i have a feeling it could be true but i still dont think that changing the console in such a way would do good for us already existing 360 owners

It's true. Our MS source confirmed it over a month ago.

It is just a refresh and the 120GB HDD is going to be out 3-4 weeks later for the current owners.

It's no big deal.

---

dnast: It isn't a higher priced SKU, it's a special edition. The Premium SKU will get the same parts in 3 months and be the same price as now. The Core is dropping in price from what I have been told. Maybe even dropped altogether or having the 20GB HDD added to it, they still haven't decided.

no HD DVD? why not just wait till the battle is over then sell out the new 360.

Well Blu-Ray is currently leading the next gen war (thanks to Sony) and will most likely win[1]. So adding a loosing standard to the 360 isn't exactly a good business move. MS are probably just waiting it out, if by some miracle HD-DVD does win, the chances of a HD-DVD [internally] equipped Xbox 360 get higher. However, if Blu-Ray wins we might even see a Blu-Ray equipped 360/Xbox Next...who knows ;)

[1] - Note: I said most likely (as in there is still a chance it might not) not will win, just wanted to make that clear :p

Yay! Once you go black, you never go back :shiftyninja:

If it ain't white, it ain't right.

(Mods, this isn't a racist statement. We're talkling about 360s.)

Can't wait till it's released, then I can get one 9 months after that, when all the faulty ones of this model have sold out in the shops LOL.

:rofl:

im happy with my white one, although a black one would be nice to match my tv, i dont mind, and the 20gb hard drive is fine for me, seeing as im in the UK, MS neglect us with marketplace HD content and shiz so its all good. And, from september i will be at Uni so i wont even be able to use my 360 as much as i do, ah well. If i need it that bad, ill sell my white one, and buy the black one.

Well Blu-Ray is currently leading the next gen war (thanks to Sony) and will most likely win[1]. So adding a loosing standard to the 360 isn't exactly a good business move. MS are probably just waiting it out, if by some miracle HD-DVD does win, the chances of a HD-DVD [internally] equipped Xbox 360 get higher. However, if Blu-Ray wins we might even see a Blu-Ray equipped 360/Xbox Next...who knows ;)

[1] - Note: I said most likely (as in there is still a chance it might not) not will win, just wanted to make that clear :p

Except Sony owns Blu-Ray. They wouldn't allow that.

So you want ALL of the games and media websites that reported it, to call it an April Fools joke...in March? :unsure:

sadly its happend before if its real great but i wont be getting one i have my xbox hooked in to my pc moniter and its fine all i would really want is a bigger hnd or a muzzle for the cdrom lol

im happy with my white one, although a black one would be nice to match my tv, i dont mind, and the 20gb hard drive is fine for me, seeing as im in the UK, MS neglect us with marketplace HD content and shiz so its all good. And, from september i will be at Uni so i wont even be able to use my 360 as much as i do, ah well. If i need it that bad, ill sell my white one, and buy the black one.

Microsoft haven't neglected you, things take time unfortunately, the US market is a testbed for new features. Also, the counties have different laws and it doesn't help with the EU jumping down Microsoft's throat everytime they do something wrong. Just like the Apple iTunes, we'll get it eventually.

Its obvliously not a joke.

Its not going to have hd-dvd built in, and its packing 120GB of memory. ****ing brilliant.

of Hard Drive space. * :p

There isn't anything to complain about.

Why does Microsoft even remotely care about HD-DVD? After all, the Xbox360 is a friggin' games console. Microsoft could release a Blu-ray drive if they wanted too, nothing stopping them.

@freeeekyyy,

Sony doesn't own Blu-ray, they are one of the major parties involved with the development of it.

Except Sony owns Blu-Ray. They wouldn't allow that.

Even if it was their choice to allow it on the x360 - why wouldnt they?

Theyd make BIIIG BUCKS

I have no use for HDMI output (yet), and although the bigger HDD will be sold seperately, I just have this urge for a black 360 :(

That being said, I don't believe this until it is confirmed. In writing.

Doesent really bother me much tbh, though it would be nice to see if 1080p looks any better on my tv as component doesnt support it. Bigger hard drive doesnt bother me and i'm getting a black case for my xbox anyway

Can't wait till it's released, then I can get one 9 months after that, when all the faulty ones of this model have sold out in the shops LOL.

:rofl:

i'm willing to bet that you're still going to get consoles that crap out 9 months after this is released ;)