The black 360 is coming

Also, will it have the standard A/V ports as well ?

because of the HDMI port in the back of the system the A/V port was removed and replaced with a coaxial output to keep the price of this SKU low... :laugh: :rofl: :p

because of the HDMI port in the back of the system the A/V port was removed and replaced with a coaxial output to keep the price of this SKU low... :laugh: :rofl: :p

Lol I really hope that was a joke.

Does anyone know if this new 360 will upscale DVDs over the HDMI connection? Also, will it have the standard A/V ports as well ?

The logical answer to both of those questions would be yes.

I might be able to finally get a 360?

I heard rumors of one with HDMI and a larger HDD, so I decided to wait :)

Patience is a virtue

The logical answer to both of those questions would be yes.

Yea, that would be logical, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, logical isn't always the answer when it comes to Microsoft. :p :laugh:

I just hope they don't charge an inflated price for it like Apple does on the black Macbooks cause I'm really tempted to get one.

Initially it'll be roughly $80 USD more than the Premium ($480) and then it will eventually take place of the Premium and be $400. At that point, the Core will be phased out and the current Premium will drop to $300, and this newer edition will be $400. IINM.

:rofl:

I swear! Some of you act like tards! OMFG MS is putting out a different 360. That's not fair I just got mine 3 motnhs ago. Blah Blah! What do you want? You want it to hop and sing yankey doodle dandy and tell you the meaning of life? be happy that Ms is actually taking the time to improve the 360. I for one am totally stoked about this and the upcoming releases.

I'll be deffo getting this console if it turns out to be true! :) Had my current 360 from launch, need a quieter unit really!

The one thing that's a problem is the HDMI, if older systems get a HDMI cable also, then there is no problem. The bigger HDD can be added later also, though price is the problem with that. So right now, if you have a 360, and want HDMI really bad, this would be the only real need to get a new one, unless MS does offer older 360s an HDMI option.

Just have to wait and see.

How will data be transferred to the new HDD, I know things can be redownloaded and gametags recovered etc. but there must be a simple way to do it surely when the new HDD is released, i don't own a HDD so I don't really care, just wondering.

Richard

xxx

How will data be transferred to the new HDD, I know things can be redownloaded and gametags recovered etc. but there must be a simple way to do it surely when the new HDD is released, i don't own a HDD so I don't really care, just wondering.

Richard

xxx

There is a rumor that there will be a data cable provided with the new hard drive that will allow users to easily transfer their files from the old HDD to the new one.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/22/new-xbox...ude-data-cable/

The cable sounds like a good idea, they have the same type of things for transfering files from your old PC to your new one.

Rumors are just that, Rumors. I wont believe anything until its officially announced by MS themselves or some videos are posted on a site like gametrailers.com from an event confirming everything is true, sorry guys. I mean dont get me wrong i would love to see the Elite actually come, personally for the extra 100gb of space, but i wont believe it till its confirmed by MS.

Except Sony owns Blu-Ray. They wouldn't allow that.

Sony can't stop MS adopting Blu-Ray, did they [sony] invent Blu-Ray? yes, but does that mean they [sony] get to decide who can support it? no. Also Microsoft haven't dismissed supporting Blu-Ray either, Xbox 360 May Support Blu-Ray "One Day"

Edited by Xerxes

Sony can't stop MS adopting Blu-Ray, did they [sony] invent Blu-Ray? yes, but does that mean they [sony] get to decide who can support it? no. Also Microsoft haven't dismissed supporting Blu-Ray either, Xbox 360 May Support Blu-Ray "One Day"

even if sony could stop MS releasing a blu-ray add on for the 360, I don't think sony would stop MS. Simply because more blu-ray players = more revenue for sony.