Join Neowin Folding@Home Group

Hey KoL, it looks like our ps3's aren't uploading WU's again...

Hmm that sucks. I haven't fold in the last days. I think my last fold was thursday, not sure if the WU uploaded.

I joined. Asked me for a passkey and when I entered something it said incorrect. After like 3 incorrect attempts is just started extracting. It's doing something about 150000 steps now..

For the first time in ages someone has taken over me in the ladder rankings. I went from 21 to 22. There are just too many good games now for the PS3 to justify having it on while I'm around.

I'm trying to keep my 2nd place still. :D

I'd say in about 1 1/2 months you might get bumped down one by kol.

Once I pass Jelli the top 5 will be in place for a while though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah we will get there soon. I should be hitting 100,000 points and 500 units soon also. I have to turn my ps3 off tonight though. it's like 83 degrees in my room right now.

Yeah we will get there soon. I should be hitting 100,000 points and 500 units soon also. I have to turn my ps3 off tonight though. it's like 83 degrees in my room right now.

Hehe the temp here is my home its around 80+ degrees all year and never had a problem with my PS3s :p

Hehe the temp here is my home its around 80+ degrees all year and never had a problem with my PS3s :p

It has nothing to do with problems with the ps3. I just wan't to turn off anything throwing off heat that's in my room haha.

I just joined recently but with quad core and my son`s ps3 watch out!

And all for a good cause. :)

nice...make sure to try out the smp client on your quad core.

I am right in the middle of a gromacs core 1125/1500 and i do not want to lose it.

Any tips on using the smp client?

I will switch over when my work unit is done.

I don't use a quad core, so I can't really help. If smp ends up being troublesome though just run multiple console clients because they only use one core.

Well, I don't know how KoL is folding so much more than me, but I might as well give up my 2nd rank now. :/

I have 2 PS3 and I leave them all night folding but not every night.

We are going to be below 600 soon :D