Major League Baseball 2007 Thread

Braves took White Sox in the expedition game today... crosses fingers that Atlanta can be division champs again... I won't set my sights too far like League or World champions :laugh:

Braves took White Sox in the expedition game today... crosses fingers that Atlanta can be division champs again... I won't set my sights too far like League or World champions :laugh:

The expedition game? Wow.

Exhibition.

As a Blue Jays fan I'm not confident they'll finish any higher than 2nd in the AL East if they don't add a competent starter to that anemic starting rotation. At least last year they had a good 3rd starter in Ted Lilly behind (an injured) AJ Burnett and Halladay. Now they don't even have that.

I think the Yankees will win the AL East again.

• 2 weeks later...

The Yankees have been too reliant on A-Rod recently. The rest of the lineup needs to start getting some hits and the bullpen needs to stop blowing leads.

The no-hitter started to get me really excited for this season for the White Sox...although, as of recently, we can't seem to get those bats working all too well. Dye, Uribe, and Crede are all batting a little over .200 and Konerko is sitting ugly at .189. I have to admit, Ozzie can't seem to find a fluid lineup either. :/

• 2 weeks later...

Let me get this straight...

There are 4 guys in the majors with the last name of Molina and every single one of them is a catcher.

Do they do this to confuse me?

Let me get this straight...

There are 4 guys in the majors with the last name of Molina and every single one of them is a catcher.

Do they do this to confuse me?

And 3 of them are brothers.

What do you guys think about the Yankees signing Roger Clemens? Are you guys ****ed, indifferent, happy?

And 3 of them are brothers.

What do you guys think about the Yankees signing Roger Clemens? Are you guys ****ed, indifferent, happy?

Roger Clemens does this every year it seems. The Yankees are one of the few teams that can afford him.

I feel fairly indifferent overall.

Clemens is getting some ridiculous treatment with this new "Freedom clause" in his contract. Nolan Ryan still pitched in his later years and he was always in the dugout for games he didn't pitch. If you have a contract with a team, its your obligation to be there...I don't care how good of a player you are.

My fightin Phils took 3 out of 4 from the Brewers. Even though their record is 20-21, I'm hopeful. I would have bet that they'd be swept. 3 from one of the best teams in the NL is pretty good. Hopefully they can gain some ground on the Mets and Braves....

• 1 month later...

Ah come on it's the All-Star Game and not a post in this thread in almost two months. ;) I'm glad to see 3 Dodgers...I wasn't happy last year with Penny starting and the disaster that followed. The streak must be broken. The National League can not be shut out for a whole decade.

5-4 as of now thanks to Soriano's 2-run home run in the 9th with 2 outs, AL on top. Epic last minute comeback.

Well the comeback to be was thwarted by TLR brain fart with the bases loaded. Come on now, with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth and the bases loaded there are only 3 or 4 guys I want up/don't want to see up. Barry Bonds, Albert Pujols, David Ortiz, and maybe ARod but only if I have to. That right there is one of the reasons the whole "winner gets home field" is a joke.

How would you feel as a Padres, Mets, Brewers, Cubs, Braves, or Dodgers fan if you're team's chances come October were determined by a guy on a team currently 3rd in the weakest division in baseball.

Also a reason to eliminate the "one player from every team" requirement because if you are putting weight on the game, you have to put weight into the selection. Take guys like Dimitri Young (good season, but really?) off and put guys like Edgar Renteria or Aramis Ramirez on the team.

On a personal note: Cubs have won a lot more than I'm accustomed to lately and currently sit 3.5 back of those pesky Brewers who won two one run games the past two days. It'll get close, and as the Cardinals showed last year, all you have to do is get in and anything can happen.

Wow Shelly is doing absolutely amazing.

They haven't found his holes, yet. That said, I like his energy. I really think he could help the team with that alone.

Wow, the Yanks certainly slaughtered TB today: 21-4. Why couldn't they have been playing like this all season long?

Oh well, hopefully they continue doing this good and overtake the Sox.

Wow, the Yanks certainly slaughtered TB today: 21-4. Why couldn't they have been playing like this all season long?

Oh well, hopefully they continue doing this good and overtake the Sox.

It's Tampa Bay. You and I could get a single or two off that pen.

They haven't found his holes, yet. That said, I like his energy. I really think he could help the team with that alone.

Although that is true he is showing a lot of power for a rookie.