Major League Baseball 2007 Thread

The Padres lost to the Rockies in their one-game tie-breaker for the wild-card spot. I'm beginning to wonder if that was a fluke. The Phillies, and Diamondbacks would have faced the best pitching in the NL (Padres) and maybe in all of MLB. I don't know how the Padres offense would have been but they wouldn't have allowed many runs (certainly not as many as the Rockies have given up.) Maybe it was the lay-off, we will never be able to say with certainty, but this just doesn't look like a worthy NLCS team right now. I expected there to be more of a battle; its the World Series.

MLB is ****ed at Arod for announcing his decision when he did. I don't blame them. Between not even giving the Yanks a chance to talk to him and trying to steal the spotlight away from the most important time for baseball, he should feel ashamed. What a selfish ******. Well, let me refrain a bit, since I do think Boras is just as much to blame for all of this, but they both should realize what they did only served to upset just about everyone else.

MLB is ****ed at Arod for announcing his decision when he did. I don't blame them. Between not even giving the Yanks a chance to talk to him and trying to steal the spotlight away from the most important time for baseball, he should feel ashamed. What a selfish ******. Well, let me refrain a bit, since I do think Boras is just as much to blame for all of this, but they both should realize what they did only served to upset just about everyone else.

I'm siding with Arod on this one. I would've opted out too. The way the Yankees and the fans treated him over the years helped him make his decision (and the indecision between Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettite and Jorge Posada).

Makes you wonder... Mike Lowell is a free agent now, guess the Yankees will offer him a nice juicy contract?

Makes you wonder... Mike Lowell is a free agent now, guess the Yankees will offer him a nice juicy contract?

Him or Miguel Cabrera.

• 3 weeks later...