NHL Hockey Playoff Thread

Am I the only one seeing the humor?

Senators, Ducks....

lame ducks win....

Kind of like the Clinton's getting another chance....

/me grasps at straws.

Seriously, WTF is going on with Ottawa? This is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, I don't mind the Ducks winning, but what the hell happened to the Senators? They're not playing like they had been lately.

They're finally playing an opponent who has some muscle, and isn't scared to use it. As far as I'm concerned, the Sens had it easy playing against not so physical teams that couldn't match their grit. Now they've met their match.

I'm also under the impression that the Western Conference is that much better than the East. Anaheim looked vulnerable against Detroit and Ottawa looked like the team to beat until they actually played a team from the West.

It's very simple. Aflredsson touched the Prince of Wales trophy. Niedermayer didn't even look at the Clarence Campbell Bowl when the Ducks won. :p

I hope the Sens lose game three in OT so they can show John Muckler's immediate reaction. That's always amusing, the playoffs wouldn't be complete without it.

They're finally playing an opponent who has some muscle, and isn't scared to use it. As far as I'm concerned, the Sens had it easy playing against not so physical teams that couldn't match their grit. Now they've met their match.

I'm also under the impression that the Western Conference is that much better than the East. Anaheim looked vulnerable against Detroit and Ottawa looked like the team to beat until they actually played a team from the West.

Well since I am a fan of a western conference team, I'll agree with you on that :p

But that definitely sounds like a good theory, and the Ducks certainly seem to be proving it. Well, we'll just have to see if the Sens can step up their game or if the Ducks will keep running them over.

Hate to say it, but Ducks will sweep the series.

Western Conference teams are much tougher than Eastern Conference teams.

All Anaheim has to do now is split and they got the series already, with 1 more home win that is

[Threads Merged]

I was totally faked out by the fake thread title. I noticed it after I put the kid to bed and figured that the game was already over. Otherwise, I would have watched the rest of the game.

Wow the sens were beat up pretty bad last night, the 1-0 score doesn't really do the ducks justice. It was nice to see them come out and hit in the first period though.

I don't really know enough about Ice Hockey to appreciate it properly and this post will probably show it, but I picked it up a bit when living in Canada. I've watched the first two games of the Finals and I thought last nights was great. Really physical from the start and the atmosphere when the Ducks were defending the Sens PP's was awesome.

The Sens are really a disappointment. Both my friend and I believe that they would probably be as effective if they just played Emery on the ice alone. If it wasn't for him, they'd be creamed (not that this is any better).

Yeah it's do or die for the sens now. Although i get the feeling they will lose one of the two games at home, and when they do its all over.

What beautiful diving jobs by Emery and Niel. Both should get Oscar considerations. The only reason why tonight's game was even remotely close was because of the 2 dives by those 2 clowns. Either way... good on the Ducks.

3-1 lead going into Anaheim.

That slapshot by Alfie at Niedermayer was disgusting, that was a classless play, now I hate Alfie even more than I already do.

What beautiful diving jobs by Emery and Niel. Both should get Oscar considerations. The only reason why tonight's game was even remotely close was because of the 2 dives by those 2 clowns. Either way... good on the Ducks.

3-1 lead going into Anaheim.

those dives were pretty dumb

That slapshot by Alfie at Niedermayer was disgusting, that was a classless play, now I hate Alfie even more than I already do.

yeah, alfredson is an idiot, if anything all he did was anger anaheim, which is never smart

Is the Stanley Cup broadcast everywhere in 4:3 or is that all we get in the UK? It seems it would be so much better in wide-screen or am I missing the reasoning behind this?

Is the Stanley Cup broadcast everywhere in 4:3 or is that all we get in the UK? It seems it would be so much better in wide-screen or am I missing the reasoning behind this?

CBC broadcasts of HDTV but I've heard before that they don't use the maximum resolution (I assume they use 1080i rather than 720p or vice-versa).

CBC.ca is streaming Stanley Cup games on their website but that is probably a lower quality than regular 4:3 TV.

I heard someone propose Samuel Pahlsson as Conn Smythe winner. I wholeheartedly agree. While Giguere has done a great job, he will never win it again since he won it in 2003. Chris Pronger or Scott Niedermeyer seem most likely to take it, with the lack of scoring leaders on the Ducks (they spread it around). However, Pronger's suspensions will hurt his chances.

Pahlsson has done a marvelous job in each round of neutralizing the opponent's top scoring lines. He deserves it on a team that is entirely a great team together.