NHL Hockey Playoff Thread

Rozsival scores!!! Rangers win 2-1 in the second OT.

Great game by the Rangers. They should have won it in regulation. Aside from the disallowed goal, the Rangers got called for every minor infraction while the Sabres got off scott-free. The Sabres had 6 PPs to the Rangers' 0 at one point in the latter part of the game. The officiating in these playoffs has been burtal

Luongo just ****ed up so hard. ITs very rare he does that.

Well, he did pretty much the same thing in game 1 too

refs handed that game to vancouver, thank god they suck. woo ducks!

LOL yup. The officiating was the worst and most one sided I've seen these playoffs. It was an absolute joke. Some of those penalties, like R. Niedermayer's slash to Ohlund's stick. I didnt know stick-to-stick contact was a penalty.

We now have a tie in the Rangers-Sabres series. Another close call that went New Yorks way apparently.

The Ducks win and take a 3-1 series lead, i don't think the 'Nucks will come back from this. Not that i have anything against them of course.....

hey rajput, are you originally from Montreal? I'm from Montreal but I used to live in Surrey for a while. I never had anything against the Canucks and their fans, in fact, I supported them in the '94 Cup run, but when I got to know them, I started to build a strong hatred for everything Canucks.

Might as well throw out my predictions as well lol.

Conference Quarter Finals

Sharks going to take out the Wings

Ducks going to take out Canucks

Sabres going to take out Rangers

Sens going to take out Devils

Conf. Finals

Sabers vs. Sens

Ducks vs. Sharks

Finals

Sens vs. Sharks

Stanley Cup Champs

Sharks

I agree except I expect Buffalo to make it to the finals.

Even as a Rangers fan, I'm surprised how well they are doing against Buffalo. I recognize that the Sabres are a very good team, so I'd love for the series to go to seven. Of course, you all know my dream about a Red Wings v. Rangers Original Six Final...

You know, with my work schedule, I went to bed before the Canucks game wrapped up. Can anyone tell me the final score? Axon?

I think this is the most talented bunch of teams, from top to bottom, Ive seen in the playoffs. IMO that strike was excellent for the NHL, the rule changes and superstars spread out across the league = what we have here. Plus Joe Thornton in a Sharky uni! :ike:

hey rajput, are you originally from Montreal? I'm from Montreal but I used to live in Surrey for a while. I never had anything against the Canucks and their fans, in fact, I supported them in the '94 Cup run, but when I got to know them, I started to build a strong hatred for everything Canucks.

no i wish, i would die for a chance to live in Montreal or even go there. I here the city of gorgeous and tons of fun if you are a kid in your twenties. My dad has been watching hockey since the original six era, he hated the leafs so Montreal was the only other Canadian team. I was pretty much raised on the habs, born in 86 the year they won the cup so i kinda figure their would be no way my dad would allow me to love any other team. He says the reason he put me and my little brother in french immersion was to teach him french and translate the interviews of the habs players and commentators on RDS. The reason i love the ducks because i was seven when the first duck movie came out and loved them ever since because of the movies (yup, Disney blatant media advertising worked on me). And you're reason for hating the canucks is exact same reason i hate them. Hab fans and canuck's fans are completely different. Most canuck fans aren't even real and are totally ignorant. You look up "bandwagon" and you are bound to find something about the canuck fans. No loyalty at all. If a Montreal fan had something showing Montreal on their car or house, it would NEVER EVER come down, here in this area, they already started coming down... I have nothing against the real fans, and they are hard to find, but they exist, but the rest are sick.

edit: also they are ridiculously sensitive and making fum of them is a good time.

Edited by rajputwarrior

I think this is the most talented bunch of teams, from top to bottom, Ive seen in the playoffs. IMO that strike was excellent for the NHL, the rule changes and superstars spread out across the league = what we have here. Plus Joe Thornton in a Sharky uni! :ike:

The battle of California is starting to seem like a reality! Ducks-Sharks will be an incredible series.

no i wish, i would die for a chance to live in Montreal or even go there. I here the city of gorgeous and tons of fun if you are a kid in your twenties. My dad has been watching hockey since the original six era, he hated the leafs so Montreal was the only other Canadian team. I was pretty much raised on the habs, born in 86 the year they won the cup so i kinda figure their would be no way my dad would allow me to love any other team. He says the reason he put me and my little brother in french immersion was to teach him french and translate the interviews of the habs players and commentators on RDS. The reason i love the ducks because i was seven when the first duck movie came out and loved them ever since because of the movies (yup, Disney blatant media advertising worked on me). And you're reason for hating the canucks is exact same reason i hate them. Hab fans and canuck fans are completely different. Most canuck fans aren't even real and are totally ignorant. You look up "bandwagon" and you are bound to find something about the canuck fans. No loyalty at all. If a Montreal fan had something showing Montreal on their car or house, it would NEVER EVER come down, here in this area, they already started coming down... I have nothing against the real fans, and they are hard to find, but they exist, but the rest are sick.

Hey rajput, I hate to bunch all Canucks fans into one category, because I know there are some true fans, but I can't disagree with what you said. Strange thing is that I'm also a Ducks fan for a couple reasons. I had a soft spot for them in their Cup run a 4-5 years ago. I hated, and still hate NJ, so pulling for Anaheim was the obvious choice. Signing one of my favourite players in Selanne was a good move, and now that I live in LA, I had 2 choices: Kings or Ducks. I went to a couple Kings and Ducks games, and I liked the Ducks and their fans a lot more than the Kings ;)

now that I live in LA, I had 2 choices: Kings or Ducks. I went to a couple Kings and Ducks games, and I liked the Ducks and their fans a lot more than the Kings ;)

It must be nice to be able to go to games without having to know somebody that can hook you up.

Even as a Rangers fan, I'm surprised how well they are doing against Buffalo. I recognize that the Sabres are a very good team, so I'd love for the series to go to seven. Of course, you all know my dream about a Red Wings v. Rangers Original Six Final...

You know, with my work schedule, I went to bed before the Canucks game wrapped up. Can anyone tell me the final score? Axon?

lol ass.

3-2 Ducks in OT after the Canucks blew a 2-0 with 15mins left in the game

Appreciated, but R-Flex was just trying to take a shot at me. I ended up having to ferry him home before overtime started, thus depriving him of the ability to gloat when Anaheim scored. :crazy:

-Ax

will this be the end of the vancouver canucks? has their cup run come to an end? tune in! same bat channel, same bat time...

Well it's all over for Vancouver, next year they better get Luongo some better defencemen, also I see Gary Bettman has his wish to eliminate another Canadian team from the playoffs, still desperately tryng to pawn of his version of the NHL to the US market, and of course the referee's are favoring the US teams.

Next on Bettman's elimination list is Ottawa, they may make the next round, but after that you can be guaranteed the ref's will ensure the boss gets his wish, an all American final.

I have nothing against Americans, hell i'm almost an American myself I work and spend 60% of my personal time in the USA, but i'm just tired of seeing the NHL try to gain an audience that only 40% of the USA population even knows Professional Ice Hockey exists.

Vancouver got too beat up from the Dallas series.

Unlucky Vancouver, better luck next time. Props to Dany Sabourin for standing in for Luongo while he got his equipment sorted (in overtime no less).

So there is a conspiracy theory that referees [who happen to be predominantly Canadian] favor American teams? :laugh:

That reminds me of a recent French-Canadian propaganda film about some Rocket guy.

Luongo was absolutely unbelievable. I've never seen a goaltending preformance like that. He deserved to win that game. This is only going to make him more determined next year though. The thought of him being even better is scary.