|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

I wonder if Halo 3 legendary is going to be as hard as downloading the Halo 3 beta...

lol i hope not

they better add a week to the beta's length for this

Edited by addc182

Crackdown Halo 3 demo on hold

Following reports of problems, Bungie delays the release of the shooter demo tied to the popular Xbox 360 shooter.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot

Posted May 16, 2007 1:26 pm ET

When it was released earlier this year, Crackdown proved a solid hit, selling nearly 540,000 copies as of March 31, according to the NPD Group. Besides its blend of free-range shooting and platforming, the game's biggest draw was that purchasers of its initial production run were provided with a key to the Halo 3 online multiplayer beta.

The beta, which was distributed to the press last week, was supposed to become accessible by key-holders earlier today. However, following numerous reports of problems with the demo, developer Bungie Studios has since taken it offline. As of press time, the beta was still not online.

Unsurprisingly, pandemonium ensued in the wake of the delay. Despite assurances from Bungie that studio officials had "contacted the appropriate [Xbox] Live authorities and they are taking care of the problem as we speak," frenzied traffic overwhelmed the blog of Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Neslon" Hyrb, which is used to disseminate official Xbox Live news.

"We're aware that some users are having difficulty downloading the Halo 3 multiplayer beta via Crackdown," said Hyrb in a bare-bones splash page on his site. "Bungie Studios is working with the Xbox Live team to resolve this as quickly as possible--stay tuned. Gamers entering the beta through other means, such as friends and family, remain unaffected."

GameSpot will have more updates on the status of the Halo 3 as they become available. In the meantime, check out the hands-on preview of the beta or watch the various gameplay movies below.

Source - Gamespot

wait, so bungie took the entire beta offline, or just the crackdown offline?

Just the crackdown beta... all others are able to get in

Crackdown Halo 3 demo on hold

Following reports of problems, Bungie delays the release of the shooter demo tied to the popular Xbox 360 shooter.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot

Posted May 16, 2007 1:26 pm ET

When it was released earlier this year, Crackdown proved a solid hit, selling nearly 540,000 copies as of March 31, according to the NPD Group. Besides its blend of free-range shooting and platforming, the game's biggest draw was that purchasers of its initial production run were provided with a key to the Halo 3 online multiplayer beta.

The beta, which was distributed to the press last week, was supposed to become accessible by key-holders earlier today. However, following numerous reports of problems with the demo, developer Bungie Studios has since taken it offline. As of press time, the beta was still not online.

Unsurprisingly, pandemonium ensued in the wake of the delay. Despite assurances from Bungie that studio officials had "contacted the appropriate [Xbox] Live authorities and they are taking care of the problem as we speak," frenzied traffic overwhelmed the blog of Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Neslon" Hyrb, which is used to disseminate official Xbox Live news.

"We're aware that some users are having difficulty downloading the Halo 3 multiplayer beta via Crackdown," said Hyrb in a bare-bones splash page on his site. "Bungie Studios is working with the Xbox Live team to resolve this as quickly as possible--stay tuned. Gamers entering the beta through other means, such as friends and family, remain unaffected."

GameSpot will have more updates on the status of the Halo 3 as they become available. In the meantime, check out the hands-on preview of the beta or watch the various gameplay movies below.

Source - Gamespot

that a bunch of BS they knew how many copies sold ROFL they SHOULD have been ready

I must say I'm very happy with the beta so far. I'm not normally one to like FPS multiplayer games on a console, I used to be a pure PC gamer, but this is definitely changing that.

Anybody on here who wants to play, just send me a message on here or on Live. My gamertag is Katastrofi26. I know I already have a bunch of you on my friends list.

I'm beginning to wonder if Bungie saw all the... illiterate and frankly ****ing stupid posts on the forums and thought it was for the best that they pulled the plug on the crackdown invites. :p

Added you Meshuggah :)

I've got to do some work right now, but I'll probably be back on around 6:00 PM PST. Hopefully by then the Crackdown players will be allowed in and we can all play :D

I'm beginning to wonder if Bungie saw all the... illiterate and frankly ****ing stupid posts on the forums and thought it was for the best that they pulled the plug on the crackdown invites. :p

or... because of stuff like this...

20070516.jpg

from some of the stuff on there it wouldn't surprise me one bit

or... because of stuff like this...

20070516.jpg

lol yeh but that's truth

some of the actual little kids on the bungie forum would make me want to kill myself....

thank god for the mute system is all i can say

from some of the stuff on there it wouldn't surprise me one bit

Yes and it wouldn't surprise me if all of those bashing the crackdown owners end up rotting in hell.

I'm a crackdown owner myself. I'm turning 26 in 3 days and yes I too am ****ed off.

I stayed up way late at night to try and get the download going and nothing.

I actually do have a job and things to do. I'd prefer if they'd keep things on schedule, like the rest of the real world.

If you guys think people are freaking out here, you should see the Bungie forums. People are actually pretty calm and civil here compared to there. One guy even said he is selling his 360 because of this :blink: . It's the internet equivalent of a full out riot over there.

If you guys think people are freaking out here, you should see the Bungie forums. People are actually pretty calm and civil here compared to there. One guy even said he is selling his 360 because of this :blink:

haha indeed, It's madness over there. Even people are talking about Class Action Lawsuits due to false advertisement ...