|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

Man, I get in school at 6:45. You guys are lucky with your times. I don't know how I'll be able to focus tomorrow. I have 60 quotes to do for Caesar and math HW to do. :(

EDIT: Yes! My wishes came true! I don't have to hear the other team in ranked games anymore! I ussually play as an elite, can't in the beta though, so people constantly call me a dinosaur. In my prime, I was a level 34 and everyone would make fun of me for "not being skilled" even though I'd beat them. Also, some of the more younger people would call me and my teammates fa*gots or whatnot if they were losing.

Edited by Trong

Halo 3 Pistol: 6 shots in the body will equal a kill *

The BR doubleshot seems to be back >.> -*

In custom games you can set the ammo to inifite *

Sword is back but this time it has ammo *

You can record your own videos now but its save as command -*

The needler is now stronger than before and reloads faster -*

Non-zoomable weapons has a slight auto aim -*

The turret gun can now be carried and fired but has a "battery" life -*

Any sort of object that can be moved can be lifted on the man cannon -*

More to come ( to bad I can't record gameplay for you guys :s )

- Public Beta

* Bungie unreleased private beta

Edited by BlackShadow

More to come ( to bad I can't record gameplay for you guys :s )

- Public Beta

The sword's not in the beta? And I haven't heard any word about BXR?

The sword is in the private beta but not the public ( theres actually 2 beta running one public and one for Bungie that includes EVERYTHING )

BxR is impossible now but double shot isen't.

Back to my list

Double melee glitch is back! -*

- Public Beta

How is the needler different?

In Halo 1 it fired relatively fast with good close quarter tracking and had a HUGE secondary explosion when enough crystals were plugged into a victim. Anyone in proximity to the explosion was killed; loved this feature.

In Halo 2 the crystals tracked better at longer distances and had a limited and small secondary explosion, which felt to weak with hardly any effect on players in proximity; nerf'd gun and harder to kill an enemy with one gun in one clip without the massive explosion.

Oh no, double shot is back? I never got used to doing it in game and that's one of the reasons people would kill me. Is the BR still 4 shots to the head to kill? If it is, then I'm gonna be PO'ed. I hate glitches... I'm gonna report everything.

Any word what time this puppy comes out? Is it like a very early AM release (like Forza 2), or will it be sometime during the day tomorrow?

It comes out in 6 hours 6 minutes, no matter where you live.

So 5 AM for me then. Good to know I can go to bed and just wake up early instead of staying up all night waiting :p.

Here's a quick diagram for you, Magik:

In Halo 2, you could kill people with 4 shots to the head with a BR.

1---2---3---4 > Dead

Then, the double shot was introduced:

1---2---3-4 > Dead

As you can see, someone who doubleshots clearly has the advantage if they both started shooting each other at the same time and if all the shots hit.

There was also the 2 double shot thing:

1-2-taps Y button twice-3-4 > Dead

With 2 double shots, you can easily kill someone in about 2 seconds.

I could always use the 2 double shots but never killed anyone with it so I just stuck with the 4 single shots.

You have to have bought Crackdown to get in on the public beta, right? Or is there another way in?

Nevermind, just read the Bungie FAQ. Please delete this post if it's taking space :)

It's downloading SO much faster than I thought it would. Too bad I have to get up in 5.5 hours to go to work... I think I'll just play a game or two when it finishes before sleep :p

I'm confused, how are some people downloading it now?

Did you win an invite code?

How many hours till' crackdown Download opens?

I guess some parts of the US are getting it sooner. Major Nelson just posted on his blog it's available to download.

Ah good, i read some people were downloading it, i immediately jumped over a table and a chair to grab my copy of Crackdown! Started the game and saw "New Content Available" :o ... It was just the new DLC.

Then i started to cry when i saw Halo 3 still wasn't available :p

Ah good, i read some people were downloading it, i immediately jumped over a table and a chair to grab my copy of Crackdown! Started the game and saw "New Content Available" :o ... It was just the new DLC.

It's not the first time that he's jumped the gun and posted something before it was ready.

You'd think with him being the "man in charge" that he'd know what was going on *shakes head sadly*

Haha I did the same thing, now I have my 360 just waiting at the Crackdown menu :shifty:

Woot a thread all for Halo 3 :D

We should use this thread to arrange times we can all play too. Definitely need to get some Neowin matches going :devil:

Haha I did the same thing, now I have my 360 just waiting at the Crackdown menu :shifty:

This is actually starting to **** me off.

It's been 25 minutes since his announcement and he hasn't had the decency to reply to a single person :no: :angry:

Wait a minute, now you're telling me that the 4 letter variant of the word urine is banned on Neowin?

Dude, that's one anal word filter. I'll laugh my ass off if anal is let through.

Uh, i would never do that! ... Actually that's no true, doing the same. :p