[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

I hope west ham fail.

I wouldn't have them players even linked to my club. I think they are overated. Bellamy is fun to watch, as he is a fast midget striker.

I hope west ham fail.

I wouldn't have them players even linked to my club. I think they are overated. Bellamy is fun to watch, as he is a fast midget striker.

Well I am happy Curbs is buying more reinforcements but what I am worried about is the friction between Dyer/Bowyer if that could boil over again because the last thing we need is another problem.

I fail to see what use Bowyer is to our team really. As your Assistant would say in Football Manager, "...feels Lee Bowyer will never be more than a fringe player at the club..." :D

I'm still not entirely convinced by Bellamy especially at ?8m, someone like Gudjonsson would have been a much better bet. Who knows.

The last thing we need this season is another behind the scenes unrest.

Arjen Robben is poised to complete a move to Real Madrid after the Spanish champions agreed a fee with Chelsea.

The 23-year-old winger has been linked with the Bernabeu outfit for most of the summer but the fee appeared to be a sticking point between the clubs.

However, Chelsea announced that the transfer had been settled subject to the Dutchman agreeing personal terms on a five-year deal and passing a medical.

The transfer fee is thought to be between ?21m and ?24m.

The announcement came on a busy day for Real, who agreed a deal for Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze as well as the sale of Cicinho to Roma.

Robben has been at Chelsea since joining from PSV Eindhoven in 2004, scoring 19 goals in 104 appearances at Stamford Bridge.

However, Real president Ramon Calderon has repeatedly expressed an interest in bringing the winger to the Bernabeu.

This summer, Robben was offered a new Chelsea contract but opted instead to push for a move to the Spanish capital.

Chelsea have completed the signing of Barcelona right-back Juliano Belletti for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old Brazilian has put pen to paper on a three-year deal after agreeing personal terms and completing a medical at Stamford Bridge.

Belletti told Chelsea's website: "It has all been a great surprise. I only spoke about the move on Wednesday.

"We reached an agreement and so did Chelsea and Barca with no problems. Everyone is happy."

Belletti joined Barcelona in 2004 from Villarreal but only made 13 appearances for the Catalan club last season.

Real madrid:

Ramos-Cannavaro-Pepe-Heinze

?-------Sjneider-??????--Robben

------Van Nisterooy-Raul

Anyone care to fill in the blanks or even change the players cos I'm not well into spanish football?

Manchester United are interested in signing Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov, claims the player's agent.

Emil Dantchev told Bulgaria's Darik Radio: "We had a 90-minute meeting with Tottenham's chairman Daniel Levy and sporting director Damien Comolli.

"They informed us that there's a query from Manchester United about the possibility of Berbatov joining them.

"They told us they will have a meeting in the next day or two to decide his future."

Real madrid:

Ramos-Cannavaro-Pepe-Heinze

?-------Sjneider-??????--Robben

------Van Nisterooy-Raul

Anyone care to fill in the blanks or even change the players cos I'm not well into spanish football?

robinho - sjneider - diarra - robben

Portsmouth have admitted that Premier League rivals Derby are pursuing a bid to sign striker David Nugent - just a few weeks after his ?6 million arrival at Fratton Park.

But Pompey manager Harry Redknapp is poised to restore Nugent to the side in Carling Cup action at home to Leeds on Tuesday - and says he does not want to sell him.

Nugent is set to take the place of last season's top scorer Kanu whom Redknapp will rest - after the Nigerian's own return to the first team - ahead of Sunday's visit to Arsenal.

Nugent was again on the bench in Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Chelsea - with Kanu, Benjani and John Utaka picked up front.

And he just missed out on his first goal of the season after coming on as a substitute for the last six minutes - only to see his goal-bound shot blocked by team-mate Benjani.

Rumours of Derby's interest in taking him to Pride Park - where Billy Davies, Nugent's former boss at Preston, is in charge - refuse to go away.

Neither do suggestions that Redknapp, after a ?23 million transfer spree this summer, has been told he must now continue to sell players before he can launch a transfer deadline-beating bid for Bolton's French ace Nicolas Anelka, valued at ?12 million.

Redknapp, who has already off-loaded Lomana Lualua, Andy O'Brien, Andy Griffin and Svetoslav Todorov for nearly ?5 million, admitted: "Derby do want to sign Nugent. They would like him.

"But he's only just joined us and I'm happy to keep him here. He's a young player and obviously he wants to play but at the moment Kanu has been absolutely brilliant, Utaka's a threat and Benjani does well.

"So it has been difficult for David and he has to be patient."

There is no way Nugent will go. He is a player with talent that just needs to be coached for the premier league.

With the ever improving Pompey coupled with Harry, they can bring through talents. We all know quite a few big players have played under Harry at west ham.

West Ham have confirmed they have made an approach to Internazionale for Adriano.

Inter confirmed last weekend they were willing to loan out the Brazilian striker so that he can regain some form and fitness after dropping down the pecking order at Giuseppe Meazza.

Manchester City and Parma had been linked with the powerful forward, although Adriano's agent appeared to rule out the prospect of leaving on loan with the transfer window set to slam shut on Friday

However, West Ham have now declared an interest in Adriano and are hoping to lure him to Upton Park before Friday's transfer deadline.

The 25-year-old has suggested he would be willing to leave Inter on a permanent basis and may be tempted by the chance to get his career back on track at West Ham.

There is no way Nugent will go. He is a player with talent that just needs to be coached for the premier league.

With the ever improving Pompey coupled with Harry, they can bring through talents. We all know quite a few big players have played under Harry at west ham.

Harry Redknapp has admitted he is prepared to sell ?6million summer signing David Nugent if it means he can bring another striker to Fratton Park.

Nugent has been with the South Coast club for less than two months after his move from Preston in July.

The former England Under 21 international scored his first goal for the club in the 3-0 Carling Cup victory over Leeds, but after the match Redknapp made it clear Nugent's brief stay could end before Friday's transfer deadline.

Derby looks the most likely destination for Nugent where he would link up again with his former Preston boss Billy Davies.

Improve

Redknapp told Sky Sports News: "You are always looking to improve your team and it just depends who was available. If someone came up who was a fantastic option and I had to sell somebody, it's whoever you can sell.

"You need to raise money sometimes, you have to sell people that you're not so keen to sell because you want to get somebody else in.

"It's no secret Derby would like to buy him (Nugent). His old manager fancies him at Derby, we'll have to wait and see.

"Derby have been in and they would like to sign him, they would like him very much. Billy knows him and if David wants to go... if people want to move then you let them go.

"It's up to David really, I'll have a chat with him and see what his plans are."

Anelka

Redknapp confirmed any new additions to his forward line would be big-name players, but moved to play down reports Bolton forward Nicolas Anelka could be coming to Pompey.

He said: "We are looking, we are trying, and if I do bring one in it would be a good one, that's for sure, it won't be just anyone.

"I doubt if it would be Anelka. I like Anelka, but I doubt that very much.

"You need someone in your side who can get you 15 to 20 goals a season, and if you can find somebody like that they're like gold dust. There's only a certain amount of people capable of doing that around.

"I might have to sacrifice one or two players who people think are good players because I want to improve the team.

"It's not a case of if it's David or someone else. If I have to raise some money to buy a top player, it's who you get an offer for.

"If someone makes an offer you think 'OK, I'll have to do that, because I want to get this player in,' and that's how the business works."

You got kb'd in the end by Adriano apparently :p

Yep read back at my comment :D

I could never see Adriano at Upton Park so that was always out the question tho Magnusson may say have a pack of digestives and another ?100k a week...

Harry Redknapp has admitted he is prepared to sell �6million summer signing David Nugent if it means he can bring another striker to Fratton Park.

Nugent has been with the South Coast club for less than two months after his move from Preston in July.

The former England Under 21 international scored his first goal for the club in the 3-0 Carling Cup victory over Leeds, but after the match Redknapp made it clear Nugent's brief stay could end before Friday's transfer deadline.

Derby looks the most likely destination for Nugent where he would link up again with his former Preston boss Billy Davies.

Poor Nugent...he packs his bags then he unpacks them then he packs them...

It would be sad to see nugent going.

I suppose we went for him because at the time no other strikers were about, it was worth a punt in nugent. From what I've seen he gets in to good postions. It's just the finishing of the move that needs to be polished.

I heard more stuff about Defoe and such.

Portsmouth have signed Glen Johnson from Chelsea on a four-year deal for a fee believed to be about ?4m.

The 23-year-old right-back, who joined Chelsea from West Ham for ?6m in July 2003, spent last season on loan at the Fratton Park club.

He was Chelsea's first signing of the Roman Abramovich era but soon found himself moved down the pecking order behind Paulo Ferreira and Geremi.

Johnson has five England caps, having made his debut in 2003 against Denmark.

That seems the biggest so far on last day!