[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

I had a thread like this last year and it was quite popular so who do you want for your team and also who has your team bought so far or impending purchases...

I would love to see West Ham sign Scott Parker which has been rumoured and say goodbye to Reo Coker (got to big of an ego now) and Carroll and Etherington...

Also has anyone seen today that Chelsea have signed Alex from PSV for $1 :laugh:

Edited by Rappy

If I can quote a line from a famous movie:

AND FFS. - S T O P -- S A Y I N G -- S O C C E R!

LOL

If I put Football people will complain so its either haha :laugh:

Well i dunno yet who i would want to sign for Saints but i'm guessing a defender as Gareth Bale is an almost dead cert to be going to a top premiership side, hopefully Man Utd as he'll actually get played.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return for Beattie to the Saints but i doubt that'll happen.

As a Newcastle fan, we need a solid back 4. Taylor has been a rock this season for us. The signs of big sam letting 5 players go can only mean hes got something lined up in regards to our defence. i think after the season sol campbell has had he would do us a job. Other than that i hope we keep hold of parker, dyer, milner, owen and martins. If these 5 players stay then that will be a transfer in its own right.

Rappy you should change the thread title prefix to Football/Association Football, then no one can moan :p.

As for who Liverpool will sign...we have already signed Leto, Lucas and Voronin. Dudek, Fowler, Zenden, Bellamy and possibly Carson will all be leaving. Liverpool's number 1 priority this summer is to sign a world class striker, Henry is apparently leaving Arsenal and for 15 million would be a class signing, but I can see him going to Barca, in which case the door would be open for us to sign Eto'o, we have also been linked to Tevez and Villa. I can see us signing Tevez but he is not an out and out striker and prefers to link play, even though he would be a brilliant signing, we need a pure finisher like Robbie Fowler, and Eto'o or Henry would be perfect for that. I would like to see another winger like Quaresma or Nani, and then maybe we will get a left back.

You never know what Rafa will pull out of the bag though, but I trust him to do his job :p!

Portsmouth have got some young peoples lined up from T&T and Sulley Muntari is being linked with us again. It has been said that he could play in Kanu african match at Fratton Park.

There is no way harry will let Sol go. Local papers say we may be releasing. O'Brian. Griffin, Marc Wilsion (Youngster) Mbesuma

As normal Harry is keeping stum about players he is looking at. I found there is an un written rule about pompey

Never expect us to sign someone who is linked with us. Instead expect someone you have heard of and we'll get them.

I think Pompey are probley looking for an extra 2-3 defenders, midfielder/s, winger/s and prehaps an extra striker.

man u are supposed to be gettin Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich, and were trying to get Eto from Barcelona

Agreed! But where would he go?

We've got Eboue, Gallas, Toure, Clichy, Senderos, Djourou, Hoyte, Connolly and Traore. Though admittedly if the first four get injured, we may be a bit buggered!

If we're lucky with injuries next season, I don't think we really need that many new players (buy Ribery? ?_?) as our 2 main strikers were injured this season and we've been creating loads of chances.

The Hargreaves deal is pretty much complete apparently, and I think he will be a good signing for you and play well against Carrick. Maybe you will play Hargreaves and Carrick quite deep with Scholes just in front of them? And then Giggs and Ronaldo on the wing, with Rooney up front, which would be quite effective I think. You are meant to be replacing Giggs this summer, which basically means bring in another player like Ronaldo was when he was 18, perhaps Nani? I don't know why you would want Robben though Powa, he spends about 80% of the season injured and the other 20% of the season diving. He was a good player and I liked him at first, but I have began to hate him now. A formation like below is something I can see Man Utd doing a lot next season...

------------------------Rooney---------------------

Giggs--------------------------------------Ronaldo

------------------------Scholes---------------------

-----------Hargreaves--------Carrick-------------

Would be a pretty good formation. Could have all three rotate in what they do as they play the match. The other team would have to play long balls at some point.

A left winger and another striker should do em good. And if there is time prehaps a right back?

No gary is OLD.

Pompey have 8 defenders, with prehaps one on the way out and 2 on the way IN

Wow pompey should not have defence worrys next season.

No gary is OLD.

Pompey have 8 defenders, with prehaps one on the way out and 2 on the way IN

Wow pompey should not have defence worrys next season.

But Gary Neville is still a $%#"$$!!

I saw on Sky Sports Bramble is close to signing for Pompey...would be another defender for the collection.

Yeah but really Taylor plays left back as well, but is now more of a left winger.

And lauren can play in the midfield. So it makes sense with injuries to have an extra defender or two. But there is also some talk of Dejan and about his future.

Comeone what other transfers is there?

When Robben is on form, like his first season in the Premiership, he is one of the best left wingers in the world.

He's fast and suits United's fast attacking style.

Well Steve Sidwell just signed for Chelsea...

I have to say thats an interesting transfer...not one I would put Chelsea down to going for but then again Jos? doesn't want to spend to much this summer so good freebies are good business...

Tevez to West Ham? :p

I know it's higly unlikely he'll stay, but I really hope that he does. He's easily one of the best players we've ever had and really could do with a Dean Ashton pairing up front. You could almost count him in as a new signing because he's been out for so long. I just hope he returns to the blistering form that got him his England call up. As for the rest of the team, well, I can just see a mass clear out happening after the season we've had.

Players who will most likely not be at Upton Park next season:

Reo-Coker - Probably most likely to go. Has had a very poor season, and got too big of a head. Needs to go, if only to be brought back down to Earth.

Konchesky - Not a bad player, but I doubt he'll stay to be deputy to Lucas Neill.

Caroll - Too many personal problems, I think they will release him.

Etherington - He's a very good player, but unfortunately injuries and competition in midfield has kept him out. May stay at West Ham because I doubt he'll be wanted by another top Premiership side.

Pantsil - I just don't think West Ham have any plans for him.

Dailly - Always been a backup player and I think it's time for him to move on. With his age a factor, will probably go to a lower division, unless he manages to get a staff role at the club.

Ferdinand - As with Reo-Coker. He too has suffered the effects of Baby Bentley fever. You can just see him becoming like his brother.

Bowyer - Again, with the competition in midfield and his age he may no longer feature in the clubs plans. Could attract another lower end premiership club, but more likely leave on a free.

Mascherano - It's a shame. He is a stunning prospect and had he been given the time and chance by Curbs would have done very well for WHU as he is showing at Liverpool. The loan will most likely become permanent.

Sheringham - Again, it's a shame. He still is a very good player, but I just don't think Curbishley likes him. I would really like to see him get a staff role at the club, but he probably won't want to work with Curbs. A sad end to a fine career.

Harewood - He was the obvious choice to partnering Tevez upfront at the start of the season after Ashton's injury, but was overshadowed by Zamora. Hasn't been the same player since last season. He may stay on because we need some strikers, after all we're likely to lose Tevez, Kepa's loan will probably not be renewed, Cole may leave or be sent on loan. So if he gets his act together he may still stand a chance.

Cole - I honestly don't know why Pardew signed a player who has never really played well at any of the clubs he's been at. Plus if the rumours are true, we paid ?6m for him. Definately needs to go.

Players who may come to West Ham:

Bent - I've never really rated him as a good striker, but now that Charlton have gone down, I can just see Curbishley rubbing his hands with glee ready to snatch all his former players.

We will probably need another Keeper, if not to replace Green, at least act as a good sub. Another defender is not a priority as Upson should return, but a good signing here may solidify the back 4. Definately need a clinical striker and maybe a left winger because Etherington has too many off days.