[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed that Craig Bellamy has completed a move to West Ham.

The Hammers are reported to have paid ?8m for the Wales international on a four-year deal on ?75,000 a week.

Benitez also confirmed that they have made an offer to sign West Ham's Yossi Benayoun which has been turned down.

"And any move for Benayoun to join us from West Ham will not be linked with the Bellamy sale. We have made an offer which has been rejected," Benitez said.

The Spaniard is however confident of landing the Israel midfielder next week.

He added: "He is a player I like and would want to sign, and I believe he wants to join us, but that deal will be separate now. We will have to wait and see what happens now next week."

West Ham had attempted to use Benayoun as a straight swap for Bellamy, but Liverpool consider him to be worth around ?3.5m, and that offer has been rejected by the Hammers.

Bellamy has fallen down the pecking order at Anfield following boss Rafael Benitez's summer signings of Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin.

Pretty unsure about him to be honest...would rather have Nugent and then I am pushing :unsure:re:

Some more details...

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has revealed Craig Bellamy has left to join West Ham.

The Reds have decided to let Bellamy move on after just one season at Anfield.

The record signing of Fernando Torres pushed Bellamy further down the pecking order at Liverpool and West Ham have moved quickly to offer him a way out of Anfield.

West Ham have been keen to bolster their attack and they have been frustrated in their attempts to sign Darren Bent, Mark Viduka and Djibril Cisse already this summer.

Alan Curbishley is actively scouring the market for reinforcements and Bellamy's move could help pave the way for Carlos Tevez to join Manchester United.

Benitez speaking after Liverpool's 3-2 friendly win over Wrexham, confirmed Bellamy had agreed to move to Upton Park.

"He's signed for West Ham, it's done," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

"He knew what I thought and I think it's a good move for him."

When asked if Djibril Cisse had sealed his expected move to Marseille, Benitez said: "Yep, it's done also."

Liverpool have been linked with a move for West Ham's Yossi Benayoun and Benitez confirmed talks are ongoing regarding a deal for the Israeli international.

"I don't know. (If he's coming) It's clear he'd like to come," continued Benitez

"We've made an offer and now we need to wait.

"He's a player I like. We've made an offer, now they said no.

"Now we need to wait because he's a good player for me. "

I think Bellamy will be a very, very good signing for West Ham. He has incredible pace, and is a very hard worker...Bellamy is a player who is so hard to defend against.

Some more details...

I think Bellamy will be a very, very good signing for West Ham. He has incredible pace, and is a very hard worker...Bellamy is a player who is so hard to defend against.

I hope he leaves his attitude and golf clubs in Liverpool then :laugh:

After a fee of ?7.5million was agreed between the two clubs, we can confirm that the Welsh international captain has successfully passed a medical and agreed personal terms.

However, the deal has been delayed due to a private contractual issue between Craig Bellamy and Liverpool, which must be resolved before any transfer can be completed.

Seems Nugent is taking his time over a move to the premiership, it's been said he is holding out for a move to Everton, who will only pay 4 million.

I say pompey pull out, 6 million for a stroppy striker is not worth it. If he joins everton then best of luck joining up with another over rated striker in Andy Johnson.

Seems Nugent is taking his time over a move to the premiership, it's been said he is holding out for a move to Everton, who will only pay 4 million.

I say pompey pull out, 6 million for a stroppy striker is not worth it. If he joins everton then best of luck joining up with another over rated striker in Andy Johnson.

Yeah as I said up the post somewhere I wouldn't pay more then ?5.7m yeah he's good but not proven at prem level and I rate Pompey alot more then Everton imo...

Yeah Martyn saw that, oh well I don't rate Malouda either:laugh::

Not seen much of Malouda (or Mow Loud DUH).

I don't mind transfers when they are upto about 10million, because it's pretty bareable. Once the transfer is over that I'd worry about overspending.

Pompey biggest signing is Muntari at 7.5, and at the striker search isn't going to good. With Man City coming in to cash it seems they are now being linked to every striker. Including Defore who should leave spurs and come to pompey, we all seem to love the little midget bloke.

Not seen much of Malouda (or Mow Loud DUH).

I don't mind transfers when they are upto about 10million, because it's pretty bareable. Once the transfer is over that I'd worry about overspending.

Pompey biggest signing is Muntari at 7.5, and at the striker search isn't going to good. With Man City coming in to cash it seems they are now being linked to every striker. Including Defore who should leave spurs and come to pompey, we all seem to love the little midget bloke.

Harry would love to have his favourite player at his club but aren't you signing some dude from Rennes?

John Utaka, yes but it seems that deal is in thin air at the moment. However there is still some speculation about Fredi Kanoute.

Also a week back we signed Arnold Mvuemba Makengo, when he has played he looked pretty good.

Pompey Midfield and Defence is looking pretty good now, just lacking some strikers.

You certainly might be a force next season with a few top strikers at your helm and I mean a top 6 finish or around there.

Top 6 would be very nice, and we should be aiming for that now. We got the quality to stay out of our normal battles at the bottom.

Avram Grant has joined Chelsea from Portsmouth as Technical Director.

Shame really, as I suspect he has helped sort pompey out off the field that helped last season.

Yeah I would imagine you got fair compo for him tho but nothing like the ?8m Spurs got for Arnesen...lol

Liverpool have made a bid for Ajax winger Ryan Babel, according to the player's agent.

Babel was linked with a move to Arsenal but the Anfield outfit have joined the race to sign the 20-year-old.

His representative Winnie Haatrecht told Sportweek magazine: "I can confirm Liverpool have made a bid for Ryan but he hasn't spoken with them.

"We can only speak when Ajax say the clubs have an agreement, and phase two can start, but it's not that far yet."

Babel impressed as part of the Holland Under-21 team that won the recent European Championship.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez signed striker Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid last week and admitted he was looking to sign wide players to help supply him.

Babel made 27 Eredivisie appearances for Ajax last season, scoring five goals.

Fulham have completed the signing of Diomansy Kamara from West Brom for ?6million.

As revealed by skysports.com last month Fulham have been leading the chase to sign the Senegalese ace.

The Cottagers returned with an improved offer for Kamara after seeing West Ham join the chase for the striker.

Kamara has agreed a five-year deal at Craven Cottage having previously passed a medical.

The former Portsmouth front-man emerged as a top target for Lawrie Sanchez after scoring 23 goals for The Baggies last season.

Fulham have now struck a deal with West Brom for the Senegal international, who is their third summer signing.

"It's taken a while, as people know we were interested in him right from the end of last season," Sanchez told Sky Sports News.

"He'll add pace to our attack and we're pleased to have got him nailed down. We needed pace added to the team, it was something I felt was lacking last season.

"The lad's always wanted to come, it was just a matter of the two clubs finalising the details of the deal that was pretty much agreed from the first moments.

"There was a part-exchange at one stage that has fallen through, and now we've sorted a cash deal out.

"Any player that you take up from the Championship to the Premiership is a gamble and he had a time at Portsmouth that didn't quite work out for him but he's had two good seasons with West Brom.

"Now it's a chance to step back up to the Premiership and prove he can do it at this level. His pace will get him into situations, it's then about the quality of his finishing."

Former Aston Villa pair Aaron Hughes and Steven Davis have also joined Sanchez's side ahead of next season.

Sanchez confirmed the trio of new signings will not be the last and he is looking to at least double the number of additions to his squad before the end of August.

"We're still looking for three or four more players and we're hopeful we'll get them before the window closes," he added.

Just saw this on SkySports.com. West Brom's finally let him go. He filed 2 transfer requestes before and the club denied them both.

He's not a bad player Old Kamara, he was just bloody useless at scoring. But I heard he's done pretty good in the chumpionship.

Just hope he can bag fulham some goals.

Fulham are spending a bit in this window but thats what this new Premiership money deal brings clubs who didn't have the cash before spending it :)

Preston striker David Nugent is set to sign for Portsmouth on Wednesday, reports BBC Radio Lancashire.

The two clubs have reportedly agreed a ?6m fee and the 22-year-old England international will sign a four-year contract, subject to a medical.

Preston have not confirmed the deal but their website confirmed Nugent had said his farewells at the club's training ground on Tuesday.

Sunderland, Everton and Aston Villa were also linked with Nugent.

The Black Cats, along with Portsmouth, had a bid accepted by Preston before pulling out of the race as Nugent took his time considering his options.

Shibby seems ya have Nugent now(Y))

Midfielder Yossi Benayoun is set to seal a summer switch to Liverpool, BBC Sport understands.

The West Ham playmaker and Israel international has long been linked with a move to Anfield and a ?4m transfer will be finalised on Wednesday.

Reds manager Rafael Benitez has made no secret of his admiration for the 25-year-old who he has been tracking since the end of the season.

"It's clear he'd like to come and he's a player I like," said the Spaniard.

Benayoun, Israel's national captain, moved to Upton Park from Racing Santander in a ?2.5m deal in 2005.

He has played 72 games for the Hammers and scored eight goals.

The clubs have already done business this summer with striker Craig Bellamy moving to the capital from Merseyside in a ?7.5m deal.

Why couldn't of Liverpool just traded Bellamy for him plus ?4m...would of been eas:Dr :D

Well seem like Nugent will sign for pompey, and seems we may get John Utaka at some point now.

I think we may withdraw the contract for Kanu now, he is taking his time and prehaps knows he can't play as much as he would like to.

All I can say is Nugent better hit the ground running, opinions of other fans think he is over rated, which I also agree with at this stage.

Benayoun's got nothing on Garcia and Benayoun will be a sub IMO. Garcia was a unique player in that he always scored lobs xD, I always thought he was gonna carry on running but he had the confidence to just pop the cannon.

I will be sad to see Yossi go but everyone has their price :(

I just hope Curbs will decide to replace him with someone of similar style and calibur and not use Boa-Morte all season :)

Yossi a 'Pool player. Not sure how I feel about that, good player but is he a Liverpool sort of person?

No he will be a bench warmer because he's not in the Liverpool build of player...