[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

racing with american cars anyone? any tips on handling?

Look for front wheel drive or all wheel drive cars. You lose a bit of power, but gain some handling. I just built a Subaru with my first decent paint job (pictures turned out too dark, so I have to retake them later) and it took a few hours to tweak it just right. I still don't have it as good as Larry's boy, Martin, claims to have it (6.2 accel, 4.7 handling), but I'm just hoping he misquoted his specs, because keeping it in class B, the best I was able to do was 6.1 and 4.4 respectively. However, getting back on point, I only have a top speed rating of 5.8, but top speed should be the last thing you worry about. Think about it. How many times do you even break 150mph? Not that often. You want to be quick out of the turns and the rest can be dedicated to improving your handling.

Look for front wheel drive or all wheel drive cars. You lose a bit of power, but gain some handling. I just built a Subaru with my first decent paint job (pictures turned out too dark, so I have to retake them later) and it took a few hours to tweak it just right. I still don't have it as good as Larry's boy, Martin, claims to have it (6.2 accel, 4.7 handling), but I'm just hoping he misquoted his specs, because keeping it in class B, the best I was able to do was 6.1 and 4.4 respectively. However, getting back on point, I only have a top speed rating of 5.8, but top speed should be the last thing you worry about. Think about it. How many times do you even break 150mph? Not that often. You want to be quick out of the turns and the rest can be dedicated to improving your handling.

Like I said, he has the guide, and like he said, he has way to much time to play. Way to much. LOL

He is supposed to come over either tomorrow night and or Saturday, and show me all of the tricks to tuning.

That does not mean I will get it, but he is going to show me, so I will pass along whatever I learn if I do learn anything.

He did mention to me the big key is the upgrades that a person buys, so I believe his specs 100%.

He is seriously the type of person that once he gets it in his head to master a game or an aspect of a game, he does not stop until he does it.

For example the first two months of Gears of War, he was unemployed, and dedicated way, way to many hours to playing it and maintained a rank that kept him in the Top 100 out of everyone playing Ranked Games, Top 50 for the first month. He was getting recruited by pro gaming leagues and the whole nine. He is just one of those people that when he puts his mind to it, he learns everything about a game possible. Then he will not play any games for months at a time, Just really odd. :wacko:

The point is I do think whatever specs he gave you were 100% legit. He is right now obsessed with the game.

tomorrow hurry up :p first thing I'm gonna do is make a Spock's Beard themed car and maybe a neowin theme.

(spock's beard logo)

spocksBeard19.jpg

fmsbgt2.jpg

I gave up on the neowin themed car (for now) just couldn't get the logo right :(

Bought it today. I have been waiting all day to play it, then found I left it at work :(

Now I have to wait until Monday evening.

Also got the game. It's brilliant!!

One thing I can't figure out is: How do I clone vinyl's from one side of a car to the other side? I am pretty sure I saw this option some where but I can't, for life of me, find it.

Also got the game. It's brilliant!!

One thing I can't figure out is: How do I clone vinyl's from one side of a car to the other side? I am pretty sure I saw this option some where but I can't, for life of me, find it.

Go to the other side of the car and hit A on an empty box. On the menu that pops up, towards the bottom, is the option to copy the vinyls over.

ummm.. so how do I export this to the net? I don't get it.. what do I do?

Take a photo and save it. After you save it, it will ask if you wish to upload to the official forza website. Then you just go to the website and grab the image file.

Take a photo and save it. After you save it, it will ask if you wish to upload to the official forza website. Then you just go to the website and grab the image file.

hmmm.. well ok, here's the thing, I don't think I uploaded it, is there a way so I can upload my saved pics?

right, but i'm really keen on racing with the RWD V8's, and those are a pain on the track in this game. not that i'm a pro or anything, but my Caprice used to handle herself much better while road racing back in the day. i'm thinking they kinda exaggerated the characteristics here?

Im just addicted to the paint shop mode. Update :blush:

Really, really nice no doubt. (Y)

Great job on the whole thing. Simple yet extremely well done. That 8 Ball is really sweet.

Damn, now I am going to waste hours upon hours in this vinyl editor this weekend.

I have drawn myself way to many times just using simple shapes, so my DL character (which my main "simple" version I do is in my Avatar that I made using simple shapes in Adobe Illustrator) is going to be somewhere on my car this weekend!

Does anyone else have a problem with entering the code you get with the LCE to get the free cars? My code has a "-" after the first two numbers and when I enter the code it doesn't put the "-" where it should be and thus the code is invalid :/