FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

200px-Premierleague.PNG

FA Premier League 2007/08...

The 2007–08 Premier League season will be the sixteenth since its establishment. The first fixtures of the season are scheduled for 11 August 2007, and the season will end on 11 May 2008. Manchester United are the defending Premiership champions, having won their ninth Premiership title and sixteenth league championship overall the previous season.

Charlton Athletic, Sheffield United and Watford were relegated to the Championship - Watford were relegated after only drawing 1-1 at home to Manchester City on 21 April; Charlton after losing 2-0 to Tottenham Hotspur on 7 May; and Sheffield United were relegated after losing 2-1 at home to Wigan Athletic on the last day of the season, whilst West Ham United won 1-0 at Old Trafford.

Charlton, Sheffield United and Watford will be replaced by the three teams promoted from the Championship. Sunderland were promoted to the Premiership as champions, along with Birmingham, who finished in second place. Both Birmingham City and Sunderland earned automatic promotion to the Premiership on 29 April 2007, following Derby County's 2-0 defeat at Crystal Palace. Derby defeated West Bromwich Albion 1-0 in the play-off final to earn the final place in the Premiership, after they had defeated Southampton 4-3 on penalties in their play-off semi-final.

The teams...

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers

Bolton Wanderers

Chelsea

Derby County

Everton

Fulham

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Middlesbrough

Newcastle United

Portsmouth

Reading

Sunderland

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United

Wigan Athletic

Opening fixtures on Saturday 11th August 2007...

Arsenal v Fulham

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Bolton Wanderers v Newcastle United

Chelsea v Birmingham City

Derby County v Portsmouth

Everton v Wigan Athletic

Manchester United v Reading

Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers

Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United v Manchester City

Come on Liverpool :D!!!

barclays-pl.jpg

Edited by Martyn

Man Utd are building a squad to win the league and go for it in the champions league. The midfield wasn't that bad before we Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes and Giggs. Add Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson and soon to be Tevez to that list. Utd will win the league again. Torres will take time to adjust to Premiership i can't see him being top goal scorer. As for my team, Newcastle, im hoping for a Top 6 finish any maybe some sliverware through the Carling Cup or FA Cup as we don't have any European commitments.

Man Utd may have spent big, but I don't see them spending much over the next few seasons.

Man Utd to keep the title with a good stint in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This year it seems to be a 3 horse race between Liverpool, United and Chelsea with Arsenal detiriorating.

Liverpool still have no chance winning the title. They signed Torres,yes, but who knows if he'll bang in the goals. I'm sure Liverpool won't just fly out the block with the NUMBER of signings they've made.

Chelsea well they just won't be up the mark but will plug away like last season.

United seem to be on course for another title, but I think the newbies need time to settle in.

Arsenal well, somehow they are my fav's to win. Despite their disastrous period last season I have a really big feeling they'll prove everyone wrong.

Here's to another great season :D

Well i obviously want Manchester United to win it again but i got a feeling Liverpool are going to take it this year.

They finished 21 points off top spot. Will Torres, Benayoun and Voronin be enough to get them the title? :laugh: Their only top-class signing was Torres, while Man Utd bought four top-class players and Chelsea bought much needed reinforcements.

I think Man Utd will win it. Richardson, Rossi and Smith have left; only Smith made a contribution last season. In come Hargreaves, Tevez, Nani, Anderson, Evans, Pique, Foster, Simpson and Bardsley. Man Utd have the strongest squad and the strongest starting XI.

Aye, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee winning the premiership - it mostly has to do with the Managers tactics, the team spirit, bonds between the players and belief. I for one believe Liverpool will not win the premiership although they will rack up a lot more points than they did last season. On the contrary, I believe Arsenal will challenge for the title but end up getting 2nd place after Man Utd. Eboue on the right wing will be like a new signing for them - if anyone wants to know how he played against Inter Milan - He was devastating so watch out for him this season - top, top player and one of the best crossers of the ball in the premiership and has the best defensive qualities a winger could have. Chelsea will miss Drogba dearly this season come African nations cup - thats for sure. Tottenham - none the less will come fith placed again but as I said they too will get more points than last season and this goes for a lot of the other teams. The standards of the premiership has been pushed very high now with the quality players lots of teams have bought in the Premiership and I have no doubt that most of them will become hits including Torres but sadly that won't be enough to propel them to the first position [Liverpool]

Sorry for the very opinionated tone :p don't take it too seriously I'm just using my knowledge to guesstimate the future and we all know that the future is a mystery :yes:

Edited by NightCrawler.

West Hams new signings this summer means we should get a midtable finish but seeing as we got Man City first game of the season and they are buying everyone in Europe.