FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

Mccarthy I reckon. Van Persie is amazing.

McCarthy scored 18 league goals last season. I think I will just leave it be for the moment.

By the way...you would say VP is amazing, being an Arsenal fan and all ;)

So? they most likey will be struggling come christmas. They always have injuries

Remember that season when they top at Christmas I think it was and then they fell apart...

Big Sam will definately prove his worth if he can lead Newcastle after their recent years of downfall.

I'm more worried about West Ham and how long Alan Curbishley will take to put his bloody good team on a good run!

I'm more worried about West Ham and how long Alan Curbishley will take to put his bloody good team on a good run!

Yeh for that we need the new signings back!!!

I've always doubted Martin Jol signings.

They can be good, sometimes they can be um over priced.

16mill for Darren Bent? Come on!

Zokora? Sorry this bloke is a joke.

Whats with Paul Robinson? ?Has he not botherd to improve his aerial ability? ?He makes to many mistakes when the ball is in the air. ?He makes some good reflect saves, but I expect that from every goal keeper.

At the moment I'd say Robinson and James are the only english keepers worth a place in the squad. ?The others don't seem to do much for me.

What a bad start for Spurs, and a lot of people have been tipping them to get into the top four this season as well. I think players like Jenas are holding Spurs back, he does not really bring anything to the team, Spurs need a few more midfield players, players like...Carrick :laugh:!

I cant believe the Spurs fans are already booing their team off the pitch after two games, especially considering how they where licking Jol's bum last week...what great fans Spurs have. I bet Arsenal fans are delighted though :rofl:!

What a bad start for Spurs, and a lot of people have been tipping them to get into the top four this season as well. I think players like Jenas are holding Spurs back, he does not really bring anything to the team, Spurs need a few more midfield players, players like...Carrick :laugh:!

I cant believe the Spurs fans are already booing their team off the pitch after two games, especially considering how they where licking Jol's bum last week...what great fans Spurs have. I bet Arsenal fans are delighted though :rofl:!

They are booing him because of the money he has spent and he continues to put out a side with hardly any of his new signings...of course Bale is injured and Prince Boateng is not match fit but the squad he has should get results on the pitch. Spurs fans will hope its just a blip and nothing serious because if not we could be saying...TAXI FOR JOL!!! :laugh:

It's a case with a lot of the teams this year though. A lot of the squads are really good and should be bringing in results every week. However, listening to Five Live, I've heard a lot of people say they expect Everton to do well this year, which I found surprising after their last few "uninspiring" years. I'm sure Spurs will bounce back. Still though, ?16.5m for Bent... Hmmm...

The strikers were the last place they needed to strenghthen and yet their manager still done it. Blame their manager.

I agree they had Defoe,Berbatov and Keane already there but they wanted to bring in Bent which I think they just bought because he wanted to be a Spurs player rather then wanting him for the position.

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Man Utd atm...sounds a good game :D

First half was well boring, the formation was rubbish.

James

Crainie - Pamarot - Distin?-?Hreidarsson

Utaka ?- Pedro Mendes - Davis - Muntari

Mwaruwari - Nugent

It was awfull as Muntari isn't a wide left player, and Utaka can play the wing but is more central striker.

Utaka and?Mwaruwari then played behind Nugent in wide postions. ?

Now in the second half Traore on for Crainie, ?Taylor for Mendes and Hughes(DM) for Pamarot(Injury in 64th0

Taylor has moved to the left and Munatri in the middle.

Now there is a storming match going on, end to end stuff.

It sounds Muntari tackle wasn't really much. It was in the Utd half and there was nothing, carrick just got up and thats it.

I heard Ronaldo headbutted Hughes, the tough scotsman was still standing most likey wanted to return the favor.

City continue their new manager lucky streak. If Sven can finally cut it with a team like Man City, I may finally give him credit. It'll be interesting how they fair against a Man Utd side missing Rooney and Ronaldo. Should make for an exciting match.

Yeah I'm very happy to see Spurs lose two in a row. Got tired of people saying how they will finish higher than Arsenal this season... yeah like hell they will! :p