• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Martyn    5
Mccarthy I reckon. Van Persie is amazing.

McCarthy scored 18 league goals last season. I think I will just leave it be for the moment.

By the way...you would say VP is amazing, being an Arsenal fan and all ;)

NightCrawler.    8

Right'

Crazysah    7

Take Owen out and put in Van Persie! ARSENAL RULE!

Damo R.    29,658

Go Bobby Zamora :laugh:

McCarthy could be out for sometime so you could replace him...

Shibby    1

I was reading in The Times today, and basicly Newcastle had the most long balls played.

Jeez Sam, It's not that you've go no quality players.

Crazysah    7

Newcastle will still be top after the midweek games.

Shibby    1

So? they most likey will be struggling come christmas. They always have injuries

Damo R.    29,658
So? they most likey will be struggling come christmas. They always have injuries

Remember that season when they top at Christmas I think it was and then they fell apart...

Zoom7000    148

Big Sam will definately prove his worth if he can lead Newcastle after their recent years of downfall.

I'm more worried about West Ham and how long Alan Curbishley will take to put his bloody good team on a good run!

Damo R.    29,658
I'm more worried about West Ham and how long Alan Curbishley will take to put his bloody good team on a good run!

Yeh for that we need the new signings back!!!

Damo R.    29,658

Seems Spurs paid alot but not getting it back on the pitch...

Shibby    1

I've always doubted Martin Jol signings.

They can be good, sometimes they can be um over priced.

16mill for Darren Bent? Come on!

Zokora? Sorry this bloke is a joke.

Whats with Paul Robinson? ?Has he not botherd to improve his aerial ability? ?He makes to many mistakes when the ball is in the air. ?He makes some good reflect saves, but I expect that from every goal keeper.

At the moment I'd say Robinson and James are the only english keepers worth a place in the squad. ?The others don't seem to do much for me.

Martyn    5

What a bad start for Spurs, and a lot of people have been tipping them to get into the top four this season as well. I think players like Jenas are holding Spurs back, he does not really bring anything to the team, Spurs need a few more midfield players, players like...Carrick :laugh:!

I cant believe the Spurs fans are already booing their team off the pitch after two games, especially considering how they where licking Jol's bum last week...what great fans Spurs have. I bet Arsenal fans are delighted though :rofl:!

Damo R.    29,658
What a bad start for Spurs, and a lot of people have been tipping them to get into the top four this season as well. I think players like Jenas are holding Spurs back, he does not really bring anything to the team, Spurs need a few more midfield players, players like...Carrick :laugh:!

I cant believe the Spurs fans are already booing their team off the pitch after two games, especially considering how they where licking Jol's bum last week...what great fans Spurs have. I bet Arsenal fans are delighted though :rofl:!

They are booing him because of the money he has spent and he continues to put out a side with hardly any of his new signings...of course Bale is injured and Prince Boateng is not match fit but the squad he has should get results on the pitch. Spurs fans will hope its just a blip and nothing serious because if not we could be saying...TAXI FOR JOL!!! :laugh:

Zoom7000    148

It's a case with a lot of the teams this year though. A lot of the squads are really good and should be bringing in results every week. However, listening to Five Live, I've heard a lot of people say they expect Everton to do well this year, which I found surprising after their last few "uninspiring" years. I'm sure Spurs will bounce back. Still though, ?16.5m for Bent... Hmmm...

NightCrawler.    8

The strikers were the last place they needed to strenghthen and yet their manager still done it. Blame their manager.

Damo R.    29,658
The strikers were the last place they needed to strenghthen and yet their manager still done it. Blame their manager.

I agree they had Defoe,Berbatov and Keane already there but they wanted to bring in Bent which I think they just bought because he wanted to be a Spurs player rather then wanting him for the position.

Damo R.    29,658

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Man Utd atm...sounds a good game :D

Shibby    1
Portsmouth 1 - 1 Man Utd atm...sounds a good game :D

First half was well boring, the formation was rubbish.

James

Crainie - Pamarot - Distin?-?Hreidarsson

Utaka ?- Pedro Mendes - Davis - Muntari

Mwaruwari - Nugent

It was awfull as Muntari isn't a wide left player, and Utaka can play the wing but is more central striker.

Utaka and?Mwaruwari then played behind Nugent in wide postions. ?

Now in the second half Traore on for Crainie, ?Taylor for Mendes and Hughes(DM) for Pamarot(Injury in 64th0

Taylor has moved to the left and Munatri in the middle.

Now there is a storming match going on, end to end stuff.

Damo R.    29,658

Muntari and Ronaldo red carded :laugh:

Shibby    1

It sounds Muntari tackle wasn't really much. It was in the Utd half and there was nothing, carrick just got up and thats it.

I heard Ronaldo headbutted Hughes, the tough scotsman was still standing most likey wanted to return the favor.

Damo R.    29,658

Chelsea come back again...they just play that tactic most matches it seems.

Zoom7000    148

City continue their new manager lucky streak. If Sven can finally cut it with a team like Man City, I may finally give him credit. It'll be interesting how they fair against a Man Utd side missing Rooney and Ronaldo. Should make for an exciting match.

Kev1n    1

Yeah I'm very happy to see Spurs lose two in a row. Got tired of people saying how they will finish higher than Arsenal this season... yeah like hell they will! :p

Steven P.    14,233

I predict: Portsmouth v Bolton 2-0

PLAY UP POMPEY!