FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

I'll be a positive Liverpool fan.

Liverpool to win

Torres to be top scorer

Birmingham

Derby

Wigan

to go down

that's what i put go reds!

Edited by rajputwarrior

• 2 weeks later...

MU won 1-0 against the tofees.

Liverpool drew 0-0 with Portsmourth.

Arsenal leading 2-1 against Spurs with 10 mins to go!

At the rate now we have to add Fabregas to the top scorers list. :D

MU won 1-0 against the tofees.

Liverpool drew 0-0 with Portsmourth.

Arsenal leading 2-1 against Spurs with 10 mins to go!

At the rate now we have to add Fabregas to the top scorers list. :D

Definately have to put Fabregas on the list but the goal scoring run may not last along time he may start to asssist more than score!

I was gutted about the Everton result. I have to say we should have put them away earlier.

I have noticed that Man Utd, have been very poor since the start of the season. Granted they have had injuries, but they need to pick up steam quickly to have any chance of retaining the title.

I have noticed that Man Utd, have been very poor since the start of the season. Granted they have had injuries, but they need to pick up steam quickly to have any chance of retaining the title.

I am dieing to take Manure off the poll :D

Man Utd still lack a good strike force. Sure they have Tvez and Rooney. Really, that about it. Saha is good but never fit.

Midfield wise man utd are the best. Prehaps a bit of work in the fullbacks postions and strike force they would become legends once more.

Arsenal 5-0 Derby

It's been a long time since Arsenal have been on such a run. Woo! Hattrick by Adebayor, yet another scorcher from Fabregas, and Diaby's was so Henry-ish. Walcott wasn't good though, and Persie's form of late is worrying, maybe its because it's the fasting season for Muslims... lol. But his form was already deteriorating prior to fasting.

And Liverpool 0-0 Birmingham! Good weekend indeed! Now lets just hope MU and chelsea draw to round off the perfect week.

Arsenal 5-0 Derby

It's been a long time since Arsenal have been on such a run. Woo! Hattrick by Adebayor, yet another scorcher from Fabregas, and Diaby's was so Henry-ish. Walcott wasn't good though, and Persie's form of late is worrying, maybe its because it's the fasting season for Muslims... lol. But his form was already deteriorating prior to fasting.

And Liverpool 0-0 Birmingham! Good weekend indeed! Now lets just hope MU and chelsea draw to round off the perfect week.

Liverpool beat Derby 6-0...sorry, I just had to say it, you would of been dissapointed if I never :p!

I am loving Fabregas at the moment, he gets so many points for my fantasy team...the guy is sheer class! I would say he is already one of the best players in the world, and he can only get better.

I never saw the Liverpool match because I was taking my Jujitsu black belt grading (I passed ;)), but I heard Liverpool battered the Brummies and just could not score...grr!! Sort it out Rafa, we are already losing ground after a great start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal 5-0 Derby

I expected Arsenal to thump Derby after all its only Derby.

Arsenal 5-0 Derby

Yes. Indeed it has been a good weekend and what a match played by Arsenal. I hope Chelsea beat Man utd tonight!

Liverpool beat Derby 6-0...

Thing of the past. :whistle: :rofl:

Yeah fabregas will most probably be named player of the month. iinm, 4 goals and 5 assists by him in the epl. Stunning form... everything he touches seems to turn gold. He's been great for the past few seasons of course, with exceptional passing, but I always thought his crossing was slightly lacking. This season he proved me wrong all right, his crossing has improved a lot... great deliveries all round. And his long shots are great too, its hard to imagine that such a small figure can produce such powerful yet precise shots, check out the goals Man City and of course against Spurs and Derby.

West Ham lost 3-1 to Newcastle but thats alright its never been a happy hunting ground for us anyway plus we duffed Owen up so theres a positive out of the game :laugh:

Pompey beat Blackburn today with a goal scored by Kanu. ?I think Kanu won't grumble much since he is playing games.

Martyn, Far as I'm aware out of the last 4 meetings between Portsmouth and Liverpool, Liverpool have only won a match.

I remember last season Liverpool did a good job on us at Fratton Park at the close of the season. ?However, earlier in the season we got a draw. ?This season we beat you in the Asia Trophy on penalties (no matter how well you played). ?Again we got a draw this season as well.

So don't start banding about how you beat Derby?a?goal:pore :p ?Anyway, Pompey drawed 2 - 2 with Derby....

*WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS SCARCASIM*

Avram Grant is prehaps suited to the technical directors role. While he was at pompey, there was some huge developments in the future of the club while he here. Harry got on well with him, and even gave the thumbs up to employ him.

However, as many as pointed out. Avram Grant is prehaps not the best person to appoint manager of a club such as Chelsea.

Thing of the past. :whistle: :rofl:

Yeah fabregas will most probably be named player of the month. iinm, 4 goals and 5 assists by him in the epl. Stunning form... everything he touches seems to turn gold. He's been great for the past few seasons of course, with exceptional passing, but I always thought his crossing was slightly lacking. This season he proved me wrong all right, his crossing has improved a lot... great deliveries all round. And his long shots are great too, its hard to imagine that such a small figure can produce such powerful yet precise shots, check out the goals Man City and of course against Spurs and Derby.

:p

For me Fabregas is player of the season so far, he has been class since he started playing for Arsenal but I think now Henry has left he has risen to the challenge to fill the gap more. He would be a perfect captain for you!

Imagine Fabregas and Gerrard in the same midfield :p!

Martyn, Far as I'm aware out of the last 4 meetings between Portsmouth and Liverpool, Liverpool have only won a match.

I remember last season Liverpool did a good job on us at Fratton Park at the close of the season. However, earlier in the season we got a draw. This season we beat you in the Asia Trophy on penalties (no matter how well you played). Again we got a draw this season as well.

So don't start banding about how you beat Derby a goal more :p Anyway, Pompey drawed 2 - 2 with Derby....

*WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS SCARCASIM*

Yeah in the last four games between Pompey and Liverpool there have been two draws and one win for either side! To be honest though you deserved to win last week, so I will give you that!

Anyway, if you do not knock ten goals past Derby you should be classed as crap...and yes I am aware that Liverpool where four goals short of knocking ten past Derby, but I am annoyed with the way Liverpool are playing at the moment, we are throwing our title chances away!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea played poo today against Manure, I rekon they should get rid of that clearly poo manager Jose Mouinho...oh wait...:rofl:! Oh well, in that case, the joke is on you Roman!!

"They have Tevez and Rooney. That's about it."

LOL at whoever posted that in this thread.

Saying that's about it about two of the best strikers in the world is like burying your head in the sand.