FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

i questiong what benitez is thinking, his job is in the balance ofgood results getting us back on form, and he picks a team which arguably isnt our best, i know it might be "sporting" to play a weaker team against such a low placed team,but jesus christ, what the hell was Itandje thinking with their 2nd goal!?

no disrespect to havant and there 600 fans + 5400 band wagon jumpers, who in all honesty did play well, but they should never of scored 1 let alone 2.

Well I always thought H&W would score at Anfield. I mean, they are a team that work very hard for the cause and deserve to be where they are (in the 4th round). The gap in football between The Premiership and the Conference South is massive, and I don't just mean in terms of class, but in terms of the actual football played.

The team we put out today a lot of other Premiership clubs would love to have as their first team XI, so it is not like we where not taking H&W seriously ;)

Liverpoole played a good squad, it just that H&W had some great passage of plays.

At one point, they were nearly doing one touch football, and they got it between the defence in the lead up to the first goal.

Some great stuff!

I live in Waterlooville and live about 5 minutes away from where the old Jublie Park was, where Waterlooville played there footy before joining up with Havant.

Yay! We Beat Liverpool :D

We had more play, more shoots on and off target and still we couldn't win and they are saying West Ham derserved to win :huh: The Penalty was questionable really.

I am sick of Liverpool right now, it hurts. Benitez has got them going the wrong way, we will never stand a chance winning thr premiership with him. I don't think we will even qualify for Europe, not even the UEFA cup.

I'd like to say this is good news, but im not sure.

As happy as i would be to see Benitez say, Gillet and Hicks go, and a more fan based input, im a bit reserved as to what i feel on this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7217238.stm

"Liverpool supporters are to launch an ambitious plan to buy the football club from its current American owners. US tycoons George Gillett and Tom Hicks recently finalised a ?350m refinancing of the club which they bought in 2007.

But the Share Liverpool FC Group is to reveal plans for a buy-out of the club by 100,000 Reds fans around the world."

Seems pretty ambitious but if it works it will be awesome, something similar happened recently with ebsfleet in lower league of course they werent asking for ?5k each.

That free kick by Ronaldo is goal of the season for me.

the liverpool game wasn't on tv so i watched the man u game. That goal was incredible, i hate James loved it when we got rid of him in liverpool but wow i did i feel sorry for him. THat shot was unbeleivable.

As happy as i would be to see Benitez say, Gillet and Hicks go, and a more fan based input, im a bit reserved as to what i feel on this.

"Liverpool supporters are to launch an ambitious plan to buy the football club from its current American owners. US tycoons George Gillett and Tom Hicks recently finalised a ?350m refinancing of the club which they bought in 2007.

But the Share Liverpool FC Group is to reveal plans for a buy-out of the club by 100,000 Reds fans around the world."

i'll buy shares.... i am only a poor student but i can scrounge some money...

the liverpool game wasn't on tv so i watched the man u game. That goal was incredible, i hate James loved it when we got rid of him in liverpool but wow i did i feel sorry for him. THat shot was unbeleivable.

i'll buy shares.... i am only a poor student but i can scrounge some money...

im a poor student, but i can't scrounge the minimum ?5000 that they're asking!

James is still a class keeper, he did nothing wrong yesterday. Ronaldo basicly worked his socks off to get them goals.

Pompey are terrible, I'm not to happy with the current state of the club, it's gone a bit like jelly.

That free kick by Ronaldo is goal of the season for me.

as much as I hate the guy, he's on fire at the moment and great technique for that freekick. I dont see him as a winger though, more like a wing striker/forward. He bombs forward and stay upfront, never tracking back to win the ball/defend. He's as much a winger as Thierry Henry was.

Yay! We Beat Liverpool :D

Would you swap that victory for a West Ham win in the FA Cup Final in 2005 :p

*Martyn* slumbers head on desk*. Good luck fighting for a Champions league place :p :)

Ahh I think you are right mate. There are bigger thing's happening at the club at the moment, and to everything is sorted then I think these blippy results will continue.

There is no excuse though really, we are playing crap and half our players do not even look arsed.

I think it is an excellent idea. This was the club would be the fans. I am seriously considering investing ?5,000 into the club as well, even though I am only a "poor" student...I might be able to find some money. I have already registered my commitment on http://www.ShareLiverpoolFC.com.

Achieving the Barcelona model may be a long way away, but it could happen.

Seems pretty ambitious but if it works it will be awesome, something similar happened recently with ebsfleet in lower league of course they werent asking for ?5k each.

Well the ebsfleet example was a bit different. Members pay ?35 a year into the club, and they get to pick the team online!

Has Everyone heard of this new 'idea' to have one game extra for each club to be played outside England? Absolutely rubbish, I'm sorry but the only reason is that these people want even more money than they already have.

If we give into this we are selling away the soul of ENGLISH football.

What are other peoples opinions?

Has Everyone heard of this new 'idea' to have one game extra for each club to be played outside England? Absolutely rubbish, I'm sorry but the only reason is that these people want even more money than they already have.

If we give into this we are selling away the soul of ENGLISH football.

What are other peoples opinions?

Aren't they jumping on the NFL over at Wembley idea...which is awful already...its gonna fail.