FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

Man Utd lost to Man City...which made me rather happy. City have done the double over their neighbours this season now!

Liverpool drew at Stamford Bridge and (I thought) we played rather well, and a draw at Stamford Bridge is never a bad result.

i was happy about man u to :) The boys played well, Crouch had some awesome chances too bad he couldn't finish. The defense was great. Skrtel was impressive, he is going to be good and i think we may have found a replacement for Hyypia if he won't be sticking around (i wish he does though). He is a tough and doesn't give up any room on the pitch. The boys need some wins now badly... i hope they do it for raafa, because if they don't make champions league, i know he'll be gone :(

Come on 'The Arsenal', we have the best squad, the best manager and play sexy football!

Everyone wants to be a cat, ooh wrong everyone wants to be like Arsenal!

Almost every liverpool fan I see wants the title to go to Arsenal and not Man Utd or Chelsea. Personally among the Big 4, the only one I can stand are Liverpool.

There has always been a mutual respect between Arsenal and Liverpool. Two great clubs who have achieved a lot in their history.

I remember Arsenal fans coming to wish us Liverpool fans luck in both of our recent Champions League Finals, and I myself posted on a popular Arsenal message board wishing them luck.

I don't mind Arsenal at all, they play well as a team, play fairly nice attacking football and never get involved in the nasty side of the game. They just go about doing what they do best, winning.

I personally thought Arsenal had no chance of winning the league this season, and that they would struggle to finish fourth this season. Don't forget, Arsenal had finished fourth twice in a row prior to this season, and their squad seemed to only be getting weaker. It looks like I have been proved wrong!

I personally thought Arsenal had no chance of winning the league this season, and that they would struggle to finish fourth this season. Don't forget, Arsenal had finished fourth twice in a row prior to this season, and their squad seemed to only be getting weaker. It looks like I have been proved wrong!

Everyone wrote them off when Henry left. The youngsters are starting to mature now, it's an amazing squad.

There has always been a mutual respect between Arsenal and Liverpool. Two great clubs who have achieved a lot in their history.

I remember Arsenal fans coming to wish us Liverpool fans luck in both of our recent Champions League Finals, and I myself posted on a popular Arsenal message board wishing them luck.

I don't mind Arsenal at all, they play well as a team, play fairly nice attacking football and never get involved in the nasty side of the game. They just go about doing what they do best, winning.

In my lifetime, a lot of Arsenal players have played at Liverpool and vice-versa.

Everyone wrote them off when Henry left. The youngsters are starting to mature now, it's an amazing squad.

Arsenal had to play around Henry as he was a sulk and big girls blouse most of the time, glad he finally went, it's exactly the same when Vieira started his sulking also, we went off the boil.

Now the Arsenal players don't have to worry about Henry the sulk.

We should have sold him to Barca when they offered 50,000,000 euro's.

He's gone and our team is better without him.

Bit of a shocker for Liverpool there in the FA Cup. I guess Liverpool are kinda my second team because my dad went to university there and began supporting them in the late 60's and they're just the team I remember being most talked about at home as I grew up.

Anyway that aside I'd be pretty ****ed if I were a dedicated fan. Why doesn't Rafa just put on a solid team, get a head and then make subs instead of messing around like he does. Pretty frustrating to say the least especially with the season going as it is.

Bit of a shocker for Liverpool there in the FA Cup. I guess Liverpool are kinda my second team because my dad went to university there and began supporting them in the late 60's and they're just the team I remember being most talked about at home as I grew up.

Anyway that aside I'd be pretty ****ed if I were a dedicated fan. Why doesn't Rafa just put on a solid team, get a head and then make subs instead of messing around like he does. Pretty frustrating to say the least especially with the season going as it is.

Yes it was certainly a shocker! I'm not sure about the point you are making about the team selection though, the team Rafa selected today was very strong and should have easily dealt with Barnsley. Infact, I heard a lot of people before the match critisising Benitez right before the match for not including any young talent in the team!

Itandje, Finnan, Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Lucas, Alonso, Benayoun, Babel, Crouch, Kuyt. That was the starting line up, and man for man we had a better team than Barnsley and we should have beat them, but that is not the way football works sometimes.

Liverpool where flying at the start of the season and where top of the table for a while before Tom Hicks came out and started acting like a total *insert swear word of choice here*, and even the players have admitted that off the field problems have seriously affected our "title challenge".

Hopefully, we will get rid of the Americans soon, maybe stengthen the squad in the summer...and have another go next summer, with Rafa in charge. Of course, that is in an ideal world.

Barnsley just inked the pen on the termination of Benitez's Contract :unsure:

That is balls and you know it. Anyway, we got further than West Ham so you can hardly laugh at us...

Yes it was certainly a shocker! I'm not sure about the point you are making about the team selection though, the team Rafa selected today was very strong and should have easily dealt with Barnsley. Infact, I heard a lot of people before the match critisising Benitez right before the match for not including any young talent in the team!

Itandje, Finnan, Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Lucas, Alonso, Benayoun, Babel, Crouch, Kuyt. That was the starting line up, and man for man we had a better team than Barnsley and we should have beat them, but that is not the way football works sometimes.

Liverpool where flying at the start of the season and where top of the table for a while before Tom Hicks came out and started acting like a total *insert swear word of choice here*, and even the players have admitted that off the field problems have seriously affected our "title challenge".

Hopefully, we will get rid of the Americans soon, maybe stengthen the squad in the summer...and have another go next summer, with Rafa in charge. Of course, that is in an ideal world.

That is balls and you know it. Anyway, we got further than West Ham so you can hardly laugh at us...

Our expectations are never very high in any of the cups so I learn to not expect anything good.

Anyway now and again you have some good shocks its what makes the cup legendary.