UEFA Champions League

UEFA Champions League  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Champions League 2007/2008?

• Barcelona
    • Liverpool
    • AC Milan
    • Inter Milan
    • Arsenal
    • Man Utd
    • Real Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will be the Top Scorer?

• Didier Drogba
    • Samuel Eto'o
    • Thierry Henry
    • Kaka
    • Fernando Morientes
    • Herman Crespo
    • Adriano
    • Peter Crouch
    • Others

Not me. I am hoping Chelsea win it, simply because most of there achievements are undermined by Ambromovich. Also, I hope Chelsea win because of my (quite natural) hatred towards Man Utd being that I am a Liverpool fan and all.

Anyone else think it will be a really crap game? Echoes of last years FA Cup Final (which I think got voted the worst final ever).

i hate man u...

Money hunters?! isn't that the official alternative name for Manchester United? please... have you seen what the new owners did with ticket prices? ManU are the most commercial team on the planet even more than Real Madrid.

Yes, but isn't every single team in the premier league commercial now. What Chelsea have done is basically take a team like Newcastle or Spurs who could get into Europe, splash some money and win some trophies.

United have acquired the money fairly, we were nothing until Sir Alex came in and since we've won so many titles, we've got richer. Arsenal, Liverpool, United and even Everton get players which can fit into their team nicely.

Chelsea simply splash some money around, spoiling the talents of previously great players such as Robben, Duff, Mutu and Kezman (they were ok before they left Chelsea) and it looks like the Drog, Lamps and many others could leave in the Summer. With a billionaire behind the team, anybody wouldnt be able to resist. Chelsea now are starting to show some togetherness, but chucking a bunch of superstars can't win you everything.

Finally, it is not Uniteds fault that the f*c**n Yanks came along and put the club in millions of debt and continue to run the club dry.

Again, United to show Chelski how to play football.

It's a bit late seeing as liverpool are out, but I figured I'd post this anyway. It's a photo of the programme my dad got at the 1st leg of the semi-final against AC Milan at Anfield in 1965. He went to University there and had a season ticket etc, which is mainly why I regard Liverpool as my 'b-team' as I've always had my dad following them lol...anyway I thought it may of some interest to others :)

liverpoolpv2.th.jpg

It's a bit late seeing as liverpool are out, but I figured I'd post this anyway. It's a photo of the programme my dad got at the 1st leg of the semi-final against AC Milan at Anfield in 1965. He went to University there and had a season ticket etc, which is mainly why I regard Liverpool as my 'b-team' as I've always had my dad following them lol...anyway I thought it may of some interest to others :)

liverpoolpv2.th.jpg

Awesome!!

I think we won the home leg 3-1, and lost the return leg 3-0 due to some very, very dubious decisions (and referee bribes!) :p

Good to see though, thanks for posting (Y)

Liverpool's kit next seaon is going to be envy green.

Yes, I envy you having five European Cups and eighteen league titles sitting pretty in your trophy room :)

Oh wait, that is our trophy room :laugh:

Yes, I envy you having five European Cups and eighteen league titles sitting pretty in your trophy room :)

always living in the past aren't we Martyn...

always living in the past aren't we Martyn...

Living in the past?

Well, since the turn of the century Liverpool have won more trophies than any other Premier League team. Is that recent enough for you?

By your standards; lets just forget Man Utd's two previous European Cups, seeing as they were from the 19xx's, and also how about we whipe off Man Utd's titles during the 50's/60's from the "Busby Babes" era. Seeing as it is all in the past.

Success can always be measured in different ways.

Man Utd have certainly had the edge on Liverpool in the league over the last fifteen years, but they have certainly not done better than us in Europe, and the fact remains that Liverpool have won a lot more than Man Utd.

Living in the past?

Well, since the turn of the century Liverpool have won more trophies than any other Premier League team. Is that recent enough for you?

i've always said 3 or 4 years in the past is recent enough, 5 is stretching it so the turn of the century isn't quite recent enough ;)

By your standards; lets just forget Man Utd's two previous European Cups, seeing as they were from the 19xx's, and also how about we whipe off Man Utd's titles during the 50's/60's from the "Busby Babes" era. Seeing as it is all in the past.

fine by me, i'd even wipe off the 90s league titles, after all how many of the team from the 90s is playing now?

Success can always be measured in different ways.

Man Utd have certainly had the edge on Liverpool in the league over the last fifteen years, but they have certainly not done better than us in Europe, and the fact remains that Liverpool have won a lot more than Man Utd.

never said they didnt but the last 15years doesn't count for much when it comes to next season, only the recent 3 years will. Just because we've won the most premier league titles doesn't mean we have more chance of winning it next season than anyone else nor does it make the current team any better

What ship has never docked in Mersyside?

THE PREMIERSHIP!

What ship has never docked in Mersyside?

THE PREMIERSHIP!

Bitter because you know I am right ;)

..and it is "Merseyside".

By the way...

- What has Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon at 4.45pm got in common with Wormwood Scrubs Prison?

- They are both full of cockneys trying to get out.

Oh no I missed on an 'e', how pathetic.

I'm not bitter about anything, I just noticed how this thread changed after Liverpool were knocked out. You should be questioning your own teams actions rather than moaning about Utd and Chelsea.

I'm not bitter about anything, I just noticed how this thread changed after Liverpool were knocked out. You should be questioning your own teams actions rather than moaning about Utd and Chelsea.

How did the thread change when Liverpool were knocked out? Where did I moan? My reactions after the semi where largely; 1) it happens, we were unlucky but we have had luck in the past, 2) if it was a Liverpool v Man Utd final people would die, 3) I hope Chelsea beat Utd.

As soon as I even present a logical discussion, you just say something stupid. Thankfully, I don't visit Neowin to get my regular source of football banter.

How did the thread change when Liverpool were knocked out? Where did I moan? My reactions after the semi where largely; 1) it happens, we were unlucky but we have had luck in the past, 2) if it was a Liverpool v Man Utd final people would die, 3) I hope Chelsea beat Utd.

As soon as I even present a logical discussion, you just say something stupid. Thankfully, I don't visit Neowin to get my regular source of football banter.

I didn't say you did, I made a general statement. But here are a few things:

Anyone else think it will be a really crap game? Echoes of last years FA Cup Final (which I think got voted the worst final ever).
Money hunters?! isn't that the official alternative name for Manchester United? please... have you seen what the new owners did with ticket prices? ManU are the most commercial team on the planet even more than Real Madrid.
i hate man u...

That's just from the last page.

I am yet to see this logical discussion. I posted a random joke and you just went off on one about this and that and how many trophies you have won. Don't be so insecure about your football team.

You seem to be better off posting on LFC.com, where at least everyone will agree with you. You seem to shoot down anyone who doesn't.

Everyone has a preference towards a football team, and this means they most likely "hate" another team. Just look back over the thread, and you will see there is just as much Liverpool hate as there is Man Utd hate. Interestingly though, not many people have said bad things about Arsenal :p

I don't shoot down everyone who doesn't agree with me. I normally present a balanced offer of my opinion...I don't just say things like "HA HA CHELSEA SUCKZ LOL" like other people do. Maybe I do go over board sometimes, and I should just shut up and not post as much, but it is just the passion I feel for football I guess. I'm sure you understand if you love Man Utd as much as I love Liverpool.

I don't even know what we are arguing about, but I am bored of it.

I didn't say you did, I made a general statement. But here are a few things:

That's just from the last page.

I am yet to see this logical discussion. I posted a random joke and you just went off on one about this and that and how many trophies you have won. Don't be so insecure about your football team.

You seem to be better off posting on LFC.com, where at least everyone will agree with you. You seem to shoot down anyone who doesn't.

i said i hate man u... which i do, oh so much...

Everyone has a preference towards a football team, and this means they most likely "hate" another team. Just look back over the thread, and you will see there is just as much Liverpool hate as there is Man Utd hate. Interestingly though, not many people have said bad things about Arsenal :p

I don't shoot down everyone who doesn't agree with me. I normally present a balanced offer of my opinion...I don't just say things like "HA HA CHELSEA SUCKZ LOL" like other people do. Maybe I do go over board sometimes, and I should just shut up and not post as much, but it is just the passion I feel for football I guess. I'm sure you understand if you love Man Utd as much as I love Liverpool.

I don't even know what we are arguing about, but I am bored of it.

You can't argue about football, it's all banter lol.

But yeah, let's move on.

April wasn't a good month for you was it ? :cool:

and may is going to suck even worse for you unless you win the champions league game, cause then like liverpool, you have nothing to show for this year.

You can't argue about football, it's all banter lol.

But yeah, let's move on.

And don't you just love it? The passion, the power of the fans, singing your teams songs and roaring them on. LOVE IT!

Why are you saying that if you are an Arsenal fan? Surely you don't want Chelsea to win.

Oh well, hopefully United can just give it their all and if they lose well, I guess it happens. As long as they give a performance reminding people with the fond memory with the anniversary of the Munich disaster (like the one they gave against Arsenal in the Cup), I will still be happy.