UEFA Champions League

UEFA Champions League  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Champions League 2007/2008?

• Barcelona
    • Liverpool
    • AC Milan
    • Inter Milan
    • Arsenal
    • Man Utd
    • Real Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will be the Top Scorer?

• Didier Drogba
    • Samuel Eto'o
    • Thierry Henry
    • Kaka
    • Fernando Morientes
    • Herman Crespo
    • Adriano
    • Peter Crouch
    • Others

I think penalties should be scrapped they are so unfair really but then what to put in its place, who remembers the golden goal rule used to love that.

I don't like them, but they have to come at a time. Even if it was golden goal in ET it would have ended on pens because nobody scored during it.

I think penalties should be scrapped they are so unfair really but then what to put in its place, who remembers the golden goal rule used to love that.

agreed and i'm a man u supporter :p

Ermmm what?!?

Am i not allowed to hate a team more than another? There is a reason why i hate Chelsea and quite alot of people in England do aswell and that is what it has become. Chelsea isn't really a proper football club anymore since Roman.A brought his face and billions to the club.

Man.U i absoutely hate aswell and being rivals to us.

You know what, i couldn't care less who won tonight but i just can't stand Chelsea supporters, i have a bunch of them round my area and they ****ed the hell out of me when they knocked us out.

I can't believe i am having a argument with a fellow Liverpool supporter, did you want Chelsea to win or something?

Liverpool will reclaim the cup for the sixth time next season.

it's an all but written rule of football, man u fans want liverpool to lose at all costs and vice versa

Ermmm what?!?

Am i not allowed to hate a team more than another? There is a reason why i hate Chelsea and quite alot of people in England do aswell and that is what it has become. Chelsea isn't really a proper football club anymore since Roman.A brought his face and billions to the club.

Man.U i absoutely hate aswell and being rivals to us.

You know what, i couldn't care less who won tonight but i just can't stand Chelsea supporters, i have a bunch of them round my area and they ****ed the hell out of me when they knocked us out.

I can't believe i am having a argument with a fellow Liverpool supporter, did you want Chelsea to win or something?

Liverpool will reclaim the cup for the sixth time next season.

Hmmm...I suppose this is one of the issues of football I need to think about more.

The fact is IN Liverpool itself everybody LOATHES Manchester and Manchester United. It is just beyond me to understand how you can hate Chelsea more.

And yes, I did want Chelsea to win tonight. Simply because one team does have to win it, and the enemy of our (second greatest, after Everton) enemy, is our friend.

I'm not having a pop, I just don't understand. Perhaps if I was Liverpool fan from Oxford (although I would support Oxford then if my family did anyway) I would understand.

My hearts still beating after the match, but Man United deserve to win it :D !

Scirwode

What a match it was!! One of the most heart-stopping penalty shootouts I've seen. Thought we'd botched it after Ronaldo missed his kick.

4 in the morning and there's no way I can go to bed. Still have to calm down

Hmmm...I suppose this is one of the issues of football I need to think about more.

The fact is IN Liverpool itself everybody LOATHES Manchester and Manchester United. It is just beyond me to understand how you can hate Chelsea more.

And yes, I did want Chelsea to win tonight. Simply because one team does have to win it, and the enemy of our (second greatest, after Everton) enemy, is our friend.

I'm not having a pop, I just don't understand. Perhaps if I was Liverpool fan from Oxford (although I would support Oxford then if my family did anyway) I would understand.

I see Martyn. Sorry i didn't mean to upset anyone ok. I was saying from my POV.

I know they are bitter rivals to us and really i wanted to both to lose (which i know was not possible) But Chelsea are like Russian controlled in a way and all the millions they have spent in 3 years to get where they are, they were a nothing team before RA brought his money to the club.

I mean i want Liverpool to come out next season and actually try and win the PL and CL and prehaps the FA cup aswell.

Of course my view will be alot different down here as i am mostly surrounded by Chelsea supporters, where you are in the Liverpool area you have Livepool supporters and Manchester is right near you.. I wasn't trying to upset you Martyn and i apologise if i did.

Thats cruel!

(wonders when animated gifs will appear)

That's not funny. Again, these things happen in football and there's no reason to bad mouth the opposition. And I resent people who are taking advantage of a person who is now probably in pieces because of what transpired on the football pitch.

Scirwode

Thats cruel!

(wonders when animated gifs will appear)

Remember the one with Zidane's head butt. Now that was funny.

Now I'm a Man Utd fan, but I'll be as unbiased as possible.

I watched the game with 5 scousers tonight, and 3 of them wanted Chelski to win... Until they saw the sign that said "No Scousers Here", and then they were behind Man Utd all the way. How can a SCOUSER not be offended by that? I know that MUFC are your bitter rivals, but the fact of the matter is that they specifically offended the Liverpudlians and if you were a true scouser you would have been offended by that.

Buying your way to the champions league final is all well and good, but in all honesty, Man Utd should have won it out of principal...

- Didier Drogba should never win a trophy... EVER... For being the biggest girl in history (seriously. If you're going to have a fight, punch, don't slap)

- ©Ashley Cole should never win a trophy for the simple fact that he is an ######

- Roman Abramovich should learn that money can't buy you everything.

CHAMPION?!!!!!!

Now I'm a Man Utd fan, but I'll be as unbiased as possible.

I watched the game with 5 scousers tonight, and 3 of them wanted Chelski to win... Until they saw the sign that said "No Scousers Here", and then they were behind Man Utd all the way. How can a SCOUSER not be offended by that? I know that MUFC are your bitter rivals, but the fact of the matter is that they specifically offended the Liverpudlians and if you were a true scouser you would have been offended by that.

Buying your way to the champions league final is all well and good, but in all honesty, Man Utd should have won it out of principal...

- Didier Drogba should never win a trophy... EVER... For being the biggest girl in history (seriously. If you're going to have a fight, punch, don't slap)

- ?Ashley Cole should never win a trophy for the simple fact that he is an ######

- Roman Abramovich should learn that money can't buy you everything.

CHAMPION?!!!!!!

I saw that as well and was totally disgusted by it, how can you criticise a team that was not even there? And Martyn, some teams win, some team loses. In this case it was Chelsea who lost and Man United who won, why not give credit when it is due? I don't see a reason why you should hate another team just because they're rivals. I sat beside a friend who is a Chelsea fan and we both went through the match bantering at each other but at the end of it we're still friends, because what matters most is what's beside you, not what's on the screen.

Scirwode

I saw that as well and was totally disgusted by it, how can you criticise a team that was not even there? And Martyn, some teams win, some team loses. In this case it was Chelsea who lost and Man United who won, why not give credit when it is due? I don't see a reason why you should hate another team just because they're rivals. I sat beside a friend who is a Chelsea fan and we both went through the match bantering at each other but at the end of it we're still friends, because what matters most is what's beside you, not what's on the screen.

Scirwode

Good sentiments! Chelsea lost, yes, and yes, I rubbed it in their faces, just like every Man Utd fan in the bar at the time, but I still bought a very depressed Chelsea fan a drink, and in the end, it's not the end of the world. An all English final is a fantastic achievement, and Chelsea made it happen just as much as Man United did!

Wow, WOW. That was an absolutely amazing game. I'm glad United won, but damn, we both pushed each other to the limit tonight. It can't get any closer then extra penalties, really. I feel pretty bad for Terry, that was a very unfortunate shot and admitttedly, when I saw him come to the pen I thought it was over for United. Of course, the only reason I thought it was over for Man U was because of the ridiculous antics of Ronaldo trying to take his penalty.

Yes, we know you're going to fake it. Yes, we know you're going to shake a little before scoring and yes, we know you're gonna go for the top left corner. Be a bit less predictable and just go top right, none of this psyche out bull****. Apart from that, the entire team played brilliantly :D

Also, El Sid makes a fantastic point. Both teams were english so even if your team lost, be proud for your country! Chelsea were a great team tonight, and both played a game worthy to be called a Cup Final.

Again, I am a Manchester United fan but I will try to be as unbiased as possible!

1st half - Owned by Manchester United .. many chances put Chelsea under a lot of pressure.

2nd half - Owned by Chelsea mainly, Manchester United couldn't string more than 5/6 passes together - if that - without losing the ball - Chelsea hit the woodwork twice and Manchester United had no chances worth noting other than the odd one here & there.

Extra time - Again, Chelsea dominated this really ... Although evened out a bit more than in either of the 1st or 2nd halves.

Now, Chelsea have a brilliant squad, brilliant set of players and a brilliant team behind them all - but as soemone said above, someone has to lose ands this time was Chelsea's time. I think they will have an amazing season next season IF many of the big players who have been rumoured to be making moves don't. I finally think the Chelsea team is starting to gel together rather than going it on their own and not working as a team (as I said before last season and at the start of this season).

Saying all of this, I think the team that deserved it for the season overall got it.

Welldone Manchester United, and better luck next year Chelsea! :)

What a terrible way to end a championship. I'll never was and never will be a fan of Ronaldo either. He plays great soccer but he should have been an actor.

Well done United!! :D

Chelsea may be a top team but they whine more than any other team in the Premier League. The way they barrage the referee for every decision is shocking.

It was on too late for me, however I saw 19th minute to 27th minute, woke up went for a pee and caught 3 minutes of the first half of extra time before falling back to sleep.

From what I saw, Manchester United should have been 3-0 up.

I did see on bSkyb sports news, Terry's miss, Ronaldo's miss and Anelka's miss.

First rule of penalty taking, do not let an Englishman take a penalty as they are not very good at it.

Goes to show, however rich you are still can't win you the European cup.

Man utd were the better team. Could and should have been 3 -0 to them in the first half.

Rooneys two passes were unbelievable. The pass to Ronaldo was the best of the match.

Chelsea were better in the second half, but we still had the usual diving by Drogba and Malouda, and disappointingly Joe Cole.

He went for the ball got a heavy tackle, then looked to see the ref had played on then rolled over faking cramp.

Such bloody pussys.

Glad Man Utd won, nail biting finish.

I think the best team on the night and throughout the tournament won.

Chelsea showing what a bunch of idiots they are again. They play the ball back to Man U for a throw in twice. Man U do the same back to them once and they all try and kick off. As for Drogba's slap. He should have been sent off just for being such a pansy. Honestly what kind of grown man slaps another? What's he going to do next, pull someone's hair? Scratch them?

The pitch was poor and also I didn't like all the cramp that seemed to happen at very convenient moments. ie. Joe Cole is completely out of position and Man U are on the counter.

As for that stupid "No scousers" banner maybe some one should point out to these cockney morons that there are certainly "No cockneys" on the champions league trophy. You may have got to one final but don't try lording it up yet. There are at least 3-4 teams with better European records than you. Spurs have won more European trophies. You have only won the Cup Winners Cup twice. That's it. You are not one of the great teams of European football.

Man utd were the better team. Could and should have been 3 -0 to them in the first half.

Rooneys two passes were unbelievable. The pass to Ronaldo was the best of the match.

Chelsea were better in the second half, but we still had the usual diving by Drogba and Malouda, and disappointingly Joe Cole.

He went for the ball got a heavy tackle, then looked to see the ref had played on then rolled over faking cramp.

Such bloody pussys.

Glad Man Utd won, nail biting finish.

Huh? it was 24 shots to 15.... 3 of chelseas shots connected with the goal but only one went in. How could it have been 3-0 man u? John terry played excellent defense and Cech was unbelievable. Both teams averaged 145km distance covered during the game.... I'd be cramping after 3km :p. Ball possession was 52 to 48 in favor of man utd. It was probably the most even match of the year.

Because ronaldo got the header, then they had two more good chances, where Tevez couldn't quite stretch to Rooneys (amazing) cross, then when Rooney played it across to Ronaldo who pulled it back, and Cech pulled off the brilliant double saves. So close to being 3-0.