Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

Well, It's certainly shaping up :laugh:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/bioshock

"Amazingly written and beautifully constructed, it's a complete emotional rollercoaster which we can't drawn any parallels with...You'll be playing this game for months to come, exchanging story elements to build up the bigger picture, and arguing about what it all means. [sept 2007, p.88]"

Edited by MichaelBL

Wow! This game is going to be great! I really cannot wait for this game :)

Edited by PiracyX

I love how the Metacritic users are rating a game that isn't even out yet. Only on the internet...

As for Bioshock, this is the game I've been waiting for all summer. I'll be taking the morning off work to pick this up :).

A would take a score from the XBOX magazine to a XBOX exclusive with a grain of salt, but considering that the game comes from the developers of System Shock chances are it's going to be great.

Actually it's a shame that it's an exclusive because it's pretty much the only "next gen" game I was looking forward to playing :no:

Can't wait to play this game!!

any news on a multi-player feature for this game?

There is none. It's just a huge single player game.

wow...

i didnt know bioshock was an RPG

Well it's mainly a FPS. I wouldn't really call it an RPG.

its on PC as well

Yeah, but being a XBOX exclusive on the consoles' side means it'll probably be "games for windows" stuff on the PC, which is close to saying "expect no ports. Ever".

On the other hand I don't think my box could handle it without an upgrade anyway... let's just say that it sucks when you're not a gamer but want to play one single game :argh:

Still doesn't seem like an RPG to me, but an insanely detailed FPS game; one that doesn't consist only of blowing things up. But I do love what I'm seeing so far.

Still doesn't seem like an RPG to me, but an insanely detailed FPS game; one that doesn't consist only of blowing things up. But I do love what I'm seeing so far.

It's not supposed to be a RPG.

Unsure about the PC version, apparantly it can only be played/installed with an internet connection, even though an internet connection isnt used at all for actually playing the game. I've also read you only get a finite number of activations :(

^ Hackers just see it as a challenge. Microsoft said the same thing about Vista and now look what happened.

Bioshock looks amazing. Physics. Graphics. Intensity.

Unfortunately, creepy lighting effects + aliens + spinning metal is not my cup of tea.

I'll wait for my review via either a demo or a rent, then I may consider buying it. As htwho said, it has a lot going for it but not too sure if it is my cup of tea.

I'll wait for my review via either a demo or a rent, then I may consider buying it. As htwho said, it has a lot going for it but not too sure if it is my cup of tea.

If you liked the System Shock series you'll probably like this one aswell. All the RPG-ish upgrade system and stuff is basically the same, with a different environment.

If you didn't play SS... shame on you :devil: