Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

It looks like this demo is impacting the stability of Xbox Live itself. A lot of people couldn't even play online a few minutes ago, they seem to have gotten it working quickly though.

I managed to somehow fixed that problem I think, all I did was logout and log back in, oh and the demo download is going at full speed.

I am very unhappy with MS. My gears of war has always worked perfectly. Right during this huge failure of live the game I was playing at the time, now is unrecognized by my 360 and says, "to play this game put it in an xbox 360".

What the hell did they do?

I am very unhappy with MS. My gears of war has always worked perfectly. Right during this huge failure of live the game I was playing at the time, now is unrecognized by my 360 and says, "to play this game put it in an xbox 360".

Unplug all cables, and plug them back in. Verify that your disc is clean.

Wrong thread mystic and BTW, I had that problem on my old Xbox 360, its your disc lens ( I think ) over time my Xbox 360 starting having it a lot then finally fail with a disc error one day and got a replacement :).

Glad to read I am not the only one who thinks the way I do about the demo, but as you all already said, and I agree, no doubt we all are going to check it out as soon as possible. I just cannot help it.

However I may very well have to wait until tomorrow, as it is about 25 minutes from the latest I can go to bed for work, however there is a very small chance I might check it out because...

I managed to somehow fixed that problem I think, all I did was logout and log back in, oh and the demo download is going at full speed.

Usually this never works for me, but it appears to have worked this time around. I stopped the download (which after 50 minutes was only at 15%), Deleted it, Restarted my console, and started the download, and it was at 4% within a minute so I just put my TV on and will see what happens. Even if I do get it quick, I only have a few minutes, so yeah, I will probably wait. Am definitely very interested to read the comments on initial impressions tomorrow while at work.

And KICK ASS, I was just about to go download the new trailer, but no need, I literally just watched it on TV as a commercial while watching the Comedy Central roast of Flavor Flav!!

I just thought I could post in here because it happened at the time of this demo's release.

Blackshadow, why would it be the lens when all the other games work fine?

I don't know but all I know it has something to do with the disc thing :p, it happened to me also, Gears of War was getting lots of "Insert a Xbox 360 game" error but when I tried Perfect Dark Zero it was okay.

Glad to read I am not the only one who thinks the way I do about the demo, but as you all already said, and I agree, no doubt we all are going to check it out as soon as possible. I just cannot help it.

However I may very well have to wait until tomorrow, as it is about 25 minutes from the latest I can go to bed for work, however there is a very small chance I might check it out because...

Usually this never works for me, but it appears to have worked this time around. I stopped the download (which after 50 minutes was only at 15%), Deleted it, Restarted my console, and started the download, and it was at 4% within a minute so I just put my TV on and will see what happens. Even if I do get it quick, I only have a few minutes, so yeah, I will probably wait. Am definitely very interested to read the comments on initial impressions tomorrow while at work.

And KICK ASS, I was just about to go download the new trailer, but no need, I literally just watched it on TV as a commercial while watching the Comedy Central roast of Flavor Flav!!

Ah so thats why your Xbox 360 is always set to Busy when I see you on =P

I don't know but all I know it has something to do with the disc thing :p, it happened to me also, Gears of War was getting lots of "Insert a Xbox 360 game" error but when I tried Perfect Dark Zero it was okay.

Arggg, I really don't want to send it in now (my xbox), so I think I am going to wait and see if other games do this. I wonder why Gears has a tendency to do this first?

I guess I will call up MS tomorrow and see what they say. Do I raise the issue of sending it in or having me pay $20 to get the game fixed?

Actually it is because minus The Stranglehold demo, I have been gaming on my PS3 since I got it, so if I am on my 360, all I am ever doing is watching a movie from the Marketplace or watching a HD DVD, and with movies I have it set to not bother me with notifications so it says I am Busy. ;)

Bioshock is going to change that not gaming on my 360 trend though, no doubt about it.

Just beat the Bioshock demo, took me about 40mins in total. There is soooo much to look at and gawk over, the artwork is incredible. I hacked a little flying bot and a turret which helped me kill a swarm after setting off an alarm. Electrifying water was great.

Gah total blue balls, can't wait till the 21st. MOAR! I always scoff at the collectors edition, but I am picking the CE of this up for sure!

Totally replaying it over and over until the 21st :p

Played the demo and all I can say is WOW. That really just sums it up. I'm pretty much speechless. It's everything I had hoped for. I had chills down my spine the entire time. Bring on the 21st!!!

As of right now I have tremendous amounts of WIN flowing through my system that's because my eyes were making contact with the HDTV that I was playing Bioshock on and because of this win channelling through my system it is very Hard to keep all the excitement i have for this game contained an... **** IT!!! This game is amazing totally blew me away had me locked to that screen cringing at every turn use every weapon and plasmid im in :wub: ....

There that felt better ... Phew.

Seriously download it like NOW :p