[Official] Doctor Who Thread

The Doctor will be returning to the BBC this Friday to take part in the Beeb's Children in Need. The Doctor has a long tradition of helping out with the charity, and this year will be no different. Matt Smith will appear in a special prequel to this year's Christmas Special, according to the Doctor Who blog. It's said to feature a number of familiar faces and is written by show-runner Steven Moffat. It's likely the episode will have a running time no longer than 5-10 minutes.

An exclusive trailer for the Christmas Special will also be debuted during the evening, showing the Doctor with his new companion played by Jenna-Louise Coleman.

To see both, tune in to Children in Need on BBC One on Friday, November 16. If you miss them, both the special prequel episode and new trailer will be made available online shortly after.

Source

Really enjoyed the throwback one David Tennant did with Peter Davison, Time Crash or whatever it was called, hope this one is funny.

Yeah one of my favourites, I hope both return for 50th

Really enjoyed the throwback one David Tennant did with Peter Davison, Time Crash or whatever it was called, hope this one is funny.

I hope they chuck Sherlock in with him. Seems like the only time such a crossover would ever seem appropriate, but then I guess Sherlock isn't really a show kids would know about.

A Sontaran in a suit is just hilarious.

What is funny is that he actually found a tailor to make a suit for him, seeing as how he clearly isn't human.

"Christopher Eccleston gets asked about the 50th anniversary and says pretty much what you'd expect." This time around, Eccleston actually somewhat defied expectations by not outright saying he won't be in it, instead saying this:

"Would I like to be involved? If I told you that, I'd have to shoot you... [On what he'd like to see in the special] I've not even thought about it. It's so long ago for me that I haven't even thought about it.