[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Any updates on them leaving the show yet? I kinda figured it would happen this series coming, I mean 3 entire series with them is a pretty long run (with the same Doctor no less to boot).

I hope Matt Smith isn't leaving at the end of this series also. I'd really like to see how dark he could take the character.

So, no thoughts on the Christmas special?

Overall I thought it was actually pretty good. But damn it Moffat, why do you have to change established stuff (or at least try to bypass the "laws" of the show so to speak). I thought one couldn't cross their own timeline and change it, it causes damage to the space time continuum not to mention brings those demon-like things from that one episode with Rose (when she saved her Father)? I understand it was the Xmas show and they wanted a happy ending and all that, but meh.

I did enjoy the ending though, very much. Amy and Rory at the end, very nice moment with the Doctor. And that one single moment just showing the Doctor alone, very nice touch Moffat. I just wish they had shown something from the upcoming series. Even a tease about possible story or enemies. Ah well, can't win em all.

I think the christmas episode would have been a really good 30/45 minute show, a lot of the walking about scenes were just padding and could easily have been cut out.

So, no thoughts on the Christmas special?

Overall I thought it was actually pretty good. But damn it Moffat, why do you have to change established stuff (or at least try to bypass the "laws" of the show so to speak). I thought one couldn't cross their own timeline and change it, it causes damage to the space time continuum not to mention brings those demon-like things from that one episode with Rose (when she saved her Father)? I understand it was the Xmas show and they wanted a happy ending and all that, but meh.

I did enjoy the ending though, very much. Amy and Rory at the end, very nice moment with the Doctor. And that one single moment just showing the Doctor alone, very nice touch Moffat. I just wish they had shown something from the upcoming series. Even a tease about possible story or enemies. Ah well, can't win em all.

That crossed my mind as well, seems like it's a different writer, different rules. He did this through series 5 and 6, paradoxes etc.

The ending was very touching though, don't think the Doctor hasn't cried since the series 2 finale (like emotional).

Matt Smith is definately growing on me and I really love Murray Golds themes:

Whenever 'I am the Doctor' plays i get goosebumps cause I know something epic is about to happen, shame it was one of the weakest Christmas episodes of the nu-Who imho.

Whenever 'I am the Doctor' plays i get goosebumps cause I know something epic is about to happen, shame it was one of the weakest Christmas episodes of the nu-Who imho.

Likewise. The Christmas episodes tend to be weak. Last years was poor and 'The Next Doctor' was terrible.

I enjoyed it! bought a tear to my eye to see the doctor cry again.. If I remember correctly the last time he cried was the last time he ever saw Rose.

anyway I love Doctor Who so much I decided to make a wallpaper:

WXjtw.png

Did he actually cry? I thought it was just a snow flake

Either way I thought the episode was just another piece of trash that was on tv over christmas. I'm surprised the BBC didn't just do a re-run of last christmases episode since they seem so happy with repeats this year. Damn Budget cuts

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on the upcoming season?

I'm not sure they've started shooting yet have they? Suppose it'll be starting up in the next couple of months though

I'm not sure they've started shooting yet have they? Suppose it'll be starting up in the next couple of months though

Typically a new series starts in March/April, so you're suggesting that this years series hasn't even started filming?! They have.

SPOILER ALERT

And there's an emotional twist to the ending of Amy/Rory.

Typically a new series starts in March/April, so you're suggesting that this years series hasn't even started filming?! They have.

SPOILER ALERT

And there's an emotional twist to the ending of Amy/Rory.

I hope they both die.

I hope they both die.

It will probably include the death of at least one, with something like The Doctor having make an impossible choice.

I thought this years series was starting in Autumn? :p

I thought this years series was starting in Autumn? :p

I'd be surprised if it was. Then again, I haven't heard anything about air dates. The past 5 series have started around Easter.

I'd be surprised if it was. Then again, I haven't heard anything about air dates. The past 5 series have started around Easter.

Had a looksee around, found this: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-7-autumn-2012-26419.htm

Apparently the shooting doesn't begin until next month... it's going to be a loooooong wait until our next Doctor Who fix >.<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...