[Official] Doctor Who Thread

At least she can smile. I always thought Gillan's face might actually crack if she smiled. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty, and those legs... but she just seems so wooden at times, literally.

Why kill off Amy or Rory (especially Rory) at this point Moffat (if one of them is to be killed off that is)? Rory you've nuked like 3 times already as it is. Plus, Weeping Angels. Yay. Use them more often so people can complain they are the new Daleks :)

Sigh, how much longer until the new series anyway? Like, another 7 months or something?

Why kill off Amy or Rory (especially Rory) at this point Moffat (if one of them is to be killed off that is)? Rory you've nuked like 3 times already as it is. Plus, Weeping Angels. Yay. Use them more often so people can complain they are the new Daleks :)

This.

Trailer, looked like last series kinda. More America stuff? Specifically Old West stuff it seems, with aliens or robots or something! I can deal with that lol

I just truly hope they (Moffat specifically) don't kill off the Pond pair in the mid season cliffhanger whatever it is. And not only that, but then only half a series to introduce a new companion seems a tad smallish episode wise to me. Are they gonna cram 3 or 4 story episodes to explain her background/what she has to do with the Doctor etc?

Matt Smith has revealed that he doesn't plan on leaving his role on Doctor Who anytime soon.

The actor, who took over from David Tennant in 2010, has enjoyed success in the role of the Eleventh Doctor alongside his companions, played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill.

It was recently announced that Darvill and Gillan will be leaving in the fifth episode of the new series, in a final showdown against The Weeping Angels to be filmed in New York City.

Jenna-Louise Coleman, known for her work on Waterloo Road and Emmerdale, was recently unveiled as the new companion.

When asked about Smith's role in the future of the series, showrunner Steven Moffat stated that Smith was undecided on when he'll go.

In an interview with The Huffington Post at this weekend's Doctor Who Convention in Cardiff, however, the actor divulged more on his future plans.

He said: "I mean, look, we've got the [50th] anniversary coming up, there's another Christmas special to shoot, we've got another season with our new companion coming in, there's a lot to be getting on with before I leave, so... I'm here for the foreseeable future."

Series seven of Doctor Who is expected to return to BBC One and BBC America in autumn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s7/doctor-who/news/a373063/matt-smith-on-doctor-who-im-here-for-the-foreseeable-future.html

Good. I'm enjoying Matt Smith now. I mean, he's no Tennant, but I don't expect him to be anymore either. Also, I'm starting to enjoy his little mannerisims and expressions he does now alot more also.

Looks horrible. **** I hate what they've done with Dr Who :(

I don't think it looks horrible. Mind you, it looks like last series alot though to me. So, meh.

That trailer was complete and utter garbage.

I gave Moffat the benefit of the doubt for two seasons and for two seasons Dr Who has been getting progressively worse and worse.

They need to sack him he is ruining Dr Who, what is with all the American based episodes????

That trailer was complete and utter garbage.

I hardly think that counts much as a trailer, not for the series at least considering it's only showing a preview of a single episode in it, maybe a few second glimpse of a couple more at the end :p

Saying that I am a fan of Moffat's work, but I think it's becoming a bit too much intelligent sci-fi for people's tastes, instead of the slightly cheesy family space adventures that Davies penned. But I like the more sci-fi angle. Can't wait to see what Moffat has inline for the 50th anniversary.

but I think it's becoming a bit too much intelligent

I don't get it. Everyone says he writes intelligent sci-fi...

I see terrible character development and predictable story arcs with ideas above their station