[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Saying that I am a fan of Moffat's work, but I think it's becoming a bit too much intelligent sci-fi for people's tastes

There's nothing intelligent about his cliched convoluted storylines. Having a story arc doesn't mean it is intelligent.

It was fun when it was the odd episode in Season 4 but now you have a full season of it, it gets very tiring.

That trailer was complete and utter garbage.

I gave Moffat the benefit of the doubt for two seasons and for two seasons Dr Who has been getting progressively worse and worse.

They need to sack him he is ruining Dr Who, what is with all the American based episodes????

Why are you hating on us Americans?! We didn't have anything to do with this! :(

Also, more cowboys.

Good. I'm enjoying Matt Smith now. I mean, he's no Tennant, but I don't expect him to be anymore either. Also, I'm starting to enjoy his little mannerisims and expressions he does now alot more also.

Yeah, me too. He's never going to be a Tennant but in his own way he is funny and endearing.He's not a complete embarrassment to the series like many believed he would be.

Why are you hating on us Americans?! We didn't have anything to do with this! :(

Also, more cowboys.

I'm not hating on Americans, this is a UK show don't base it all in the US to try and appeal to US fans, for a show that revolves around a time traveller who has a magic box that can go anywhere in time and space why does he always end up in the US.

I'm not hating on Americans, this is a UK show don't base it all in the US to try and appeal to US fans, for a show that revolves around a time traveller who has a magic box that can go anywhere in time and space why does he always end up in the US.

He doesn't 'always' end up in the US. Physically going to Europe is often pointless because much of it looks very similar to the UK (when they visited Hitler last season, it was all in the UK), not to mention the language problems with non-English speaking parts of the world.

Plus, if they are going to go to the US they should just go to the US like they did last series at the beginning. Not to mention the fact that most of the actors they bring on the show to "sound" American do it fairly poorly. There are exceptions of course, like that newscaster woman and the US President etc they've had from time to time. I realize filming in the US is probably beyond their budget other than a one off like last series, but eh, I can deal :)

They've been to the US what, twice in 50 years? :D

• 1 month later...
Doctor Who's latest companion's name may have been revealed.

Jenna-Louise Coleman has joined the BBC One sci-fi series as The Doctor's (Matt Smith) new companion, but her character name has yet to be confirmed.

Coleman will first appear in the upcoming seventh series of the show at Christmas, replacing current companions Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) and Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill).

Fans attending the filming of Coleman's first episode have claimed that they overheard producers and cast members calling her Clara.

"Jenna Louise is CLARA," one fan tweeted.

The actress revealed back in March that she knew little about the character, including her name.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a384555/doctor-whos-jenna-louise-coleman-companion-name-revealed.html

Waiiiit.....

Clara....

Far west setting....

*starts to sing the Back to the future theme*

• 2 weeks later...

A Doctor Who relationship rumour has been doing the rounds this morning involving the Doctor?s new companion and a season 6 character who?s set to make a return for season 7.

That character? Madame Vastra, the Silurian warrior-turned Victorian crime-fighter who first appeared in A Good Man Goes to War. The Evening Standard, via er, The Daily Star, has it that Vastra ?will reportedly fall for the Doctor?s new sidekick Clara, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman? in the latter half of the new series.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/21759/spoiler-which-character-is-returning-to-doctor-who

I wonder, is this a new outfit for the Doctor, or is it going to be a one-off thing? I really like it.

I wonder, is this a new outfit for the Doctor, or is it going to be a one-off thing? I really like it.

dunno might just be for that episode but its cool