[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Agree 100%. I love her as the doctor. Watching her in this role has been just awesome. Love her.

I know she's wanting to move on, as those Brit actors do, but damnit I don't want to see her go!

• Like 2

On 01/12/2021 at 11:52, margrave said:

I know she's wanting to move on, as those Brit actors do, but damnit I don't want to see her go!

I'm a huge fan of her in the role, and I enjoyed Peter Capaldi before her, but honestly I haven't watched the show on a regular basis since the JNT episodes. But I appreciate DW for periodically allowing different actors to have the role, since after all...the Doctor is not human, and can change form on occasion! :)

• Like 3

On 03/12/2021 at 11:30, margrave said:

I watch Doctor Who every time I can!

I would have, but I relocated and had a lot of other changes in my life at the time, and most of the time since then, but started watching to see Ms. Whitaker in the role...and I'm mostly back to stay now! But I'll miss her, and already miss Mr. Capaldi!

The last time I watched DW on a regular basis (before my life got very busy) was around 1990, so the last Doctor I watched on a regular basis was either Peter Davison or Colin Baker. I saw a bit of Mr. McCoy as the Doctor, met him over here in the states in 1989 or thereabouts, but right after that I moved to a different state. and missed the show for a long, long time. My favorite stories from the earlier series from the 1970s-80s were Logopolis and Earthshock. I watched some Pertwee stories, all of the Tom Baker stories, all of the Peter Davison stories, most of the Colin Baker stories, and a few of the Sylvester McCoy stories. Then the long lapse in my ability to watch the shows due to having a complicated life. So that's my honest excuse. Now I'm trying to get caught up a bit, lol.    

On 03/12/2021 at 17:56, margrave said:

I think I might be in love with Whitaker now too.

I understand that! I had never seen her before viewing her first story, and immediately loved her in the role! 

On 04/12/2021 at 11:05, margrave said:

Until Tennant happened, Tom Baker was the best hands down.

He certainly is the one who made the show very, very popular in the states! I had a friend in another city, who was practically begging me to make VHS tapes of all the Tom Baker stories! 

My own personal favorite actors in the role are probably Davison and Whitaker. And maybe Mr. Capaldi.

I've never seen a Tennant story, or Eccleston or Smith. I'm still trying to find the time to watch them all.

I did see several Hartnell, Troughton, and Pertwee stories, long ago.

I'm glad some folks still enjoy the show, but Dr Who is dead to me.  :(  Nothing against Whitaker in the role, it's Chibnall and his godawful writing that's the problem.  I'm not going back until he has left the building AND the whole Timeless Child crapfest is erased.  If RTD keeps it in... Well, I still have many decades of decent Dr Who to enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a copy today of the 9-disc DVD set of the Peter Capaldi series, at a nice price. Looking forward to delving deeper into his stories! 🤓 *

capaldi.gif.5986e65620300ae59890b13ff70c3c2b.gif

* Nice to see another grey-haired Doctor again, for a change, lol. 

On 16/12/2021 at 18:18, margrave said:

I liked Capaldi's Doctor. Was fun.

I think the first time I saw Mr. Capaldi in the role, was when the story broke about a regeneration to a female Doctor happening, and I saw a lengthy clip online of Capaldi changing into Whitaker. I loved Mr. Capaldi's very moving delivery of his final lines, as well as the stunning first appearance of Ms. Whitaker! That "grabbed" me and brought me back into the fold as a DW fan again, for the first time since the Sylvester McCoy era.

• 2 months later...

I just re-materialized, to say that I bought the DVD set of the 13th Series today at a local Barnes & Noble store for only $19.52 USD (30% discount off the regular store price, plus (minus?) my store membership discount. So not a bad deal at all!

I realize The Flux isn't all that popular with fans, but I'm one of those people who likes almost ANY Doctor Who story, as long as it doesn't have a "scary" pantomime horse-style monster. I hate silly monster costumes! 🐲👾👎

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...