Gearbox Reveals New FPS Called "Borderlands"

I saw a video review for this game and I must say I'll pass. It looks like a Kindergarten rendition of Fallout 3, but with a lot more tedious quests. Plus, you seem to be confined to town for the first part of the game, which pretty much eliminates the freedom. It's cool that the world opens up later on, but I want to be able to run around as I please from the get-go. I have friends who have said Fallen Earth is much better.

People thought Crackdown was going to suck because of the graphics and it ended up being a very good game.

Try the demo when it comes out.

How bout this...what if I have half an hour to kill and want to BS with a few friends while shooting sh*t?

You need to invest at least 5-10 hours, depending on your play style, to get out of the starter zones before the game really picks up. Make of that what you will. It's very over-hyped for, what I think, is a semi-average game.

It's cool that the world opens up later on, but I want to be able to run around as I please from the get-go.

It's still fairly closed even when you do break free of the newbie town shackles. You're limited to where you can go by your level, if you wish to explore some areas in that zone the mobs can be 5 levels above and kill you within 4 seconds sending you back to a bind point and take a sizeable chunk of cash too.

Played as Sniper and I think the game's pretty awesome.

I'm a loot ###### though :p

I will say story seems weak, and there's repetition.

I will say story seems weak, and there's repetition.

Underestimation of the month there AB.

I love this quote from Metacritic:

"Phenomenal title. Extremely immersive, deep role playing elements, and fantastically addictive co-op."

If console owners think this is deep. RPGs are ****ed.

Underestimation of the month there AB.

I love this quote from Metacritic:

"Phenomenal title. Extremely immersive, deep role playing elements, and fantastically addictive co-op."

If console owners think this is deep. RPGs are ****ed.

Isn't Borderlands a PC game?

PC & Console.

And from the sounds of the preview Bioware are putting most effort into the PC version, but you'd expect them to.

I'm actually having a blast with this game. I played with three of my friends last night and we're just addicted to the loot system. I can see this game getting boring if you play by yourself, but if you have people to play with it's really fun.

The game finally came in today. Played up to Level 7. I must say, I really enjoyed this game, even though it was basically mindless. I enjoyed the exploration aspect and looting. Can't wait to play this game with friends.

Yo Larry, when you getting the game?

The game finally came in today. Played up to Level 7. I must say, I really enjoyed this game, even though it was basically mindless. I enjoyed the exploration aspect and looting. Can't wait to play this game with friends.

Yo Larry, when you getting the game?

thats one of the things I love about it. there really is no story. just mindless fun! dont get me wrong I love good storys. but some times I just want to go all out kill every thing in the game and not worry about the story

me and my brother where playing over PSN it was pretty fun. though are mics sucked so we where not able to hear each other well. but we went to the lost cave or something. it was all fun till we found Alhpa skags they massacerd us :( they just kept coming

Fun game Co-Op, but I joined my mate at level 10 whilst I was level 24. I just killed everything for him :p

Even managed to kill Moe and Marley myself pretty easily. They were tough as **** when I done them first time through, I kind of cheated, pulled them to the outpost nearby, climbed on the roof then let them and the bandits battle it out for a bit :p

I just picked this up and I am on level 7, my next two missions are level 10 and I cant even kill the guys. I have no friends with this game either so kind of hard to play with someone. Wish the game had a matchmaking or something...