Gearbox Reveals New FPS Called "Borderlands"

experiment with different things, certain guns out of a full clip can do more damage than a full clip of rocket launcher

edit: notlimit06, i had that problem, i went to the enemy area and levelled up, i also attacked the bandit boss where he couldnt attack me, from behind the fence in hte first base area, to the side of the shop building - that is if your doing the mission where you have to kill the bandit to recover the vihicle part

I'm currently on level 18 and I'm starting to notice something if I'm playing with 3 other people...

It's starting to feel like every encounter is a boss fight. What I mean by that is...by traveling from point A to point B, it feels like every minor encounter you come across feels like it's overwhelming, which is starting to make the game quite tiring. Don't get me wrong, I still think the game is very fun, I just wish the pacing would be a little better

Just gone done playing after about 45 minutes and I have to say I am really enjoying the game so far. I ran into a huge little monster guy (I can't remember its name, I just started playing :p) outside of the main town and he destroyed me in no time at all. I think I was only level two or three but luckily I haven't seen one for a while. All I see now are just Pups, the ones slightly older than pups, and the spitters.

My buddy might be getting this game but I'm kind of worried. How does an RPG game like this work with co-op? Every review I read says co-op is awesome, but I just don't understand how so in a game like this.

This game is undeniably better with coop. The challenged gets increased with coop because the number of enemies double and the difficulty is a balance between everyone's levels

When is a demo going to be released?

I think I'll enjoy this game like I enjoy Crackdown and EDF 2017 -- games you either love or hate.

It just seems like a great game to kill time with.

This game is undeniably better with coop. The challenged gets increased with coop because the number of enemies double and the difficulty is a balance between everyone's levels

Ah that answers my question, thanks!

Ah that answers my question, thanks!

this kind of sucks though if 3 players are level 10 and one player is level 20 and you're playing a level 15 quest

So right after I posted last time I thought of something else relating to what you just said. So when people are at different parts of the game, how does the mission structure work? If I am level 8 but coop with a person who has just started, will we just be doing his missions until he catches up to me?

I may be wrong on this, but I think the quests that are open are based on the person that hosts the game. So if a level 5 person hosts the game, you only have level 5 quests.

As a person levels up, quests for higher levels open up as well. So if you're level 10, you can do level 15 quests if you want but they're tough as all hell. So, what this level 10 person might want to do is ask a level 20 friend to help and that basically evens things out.

Things that are great about coop...

Leveling up

If you're the lowest level in your party and you do a quest that's higher than you, you will level up very quickly. Yes, you might die a lot, but you'll go up the level ladder like crazy

Sharing Exp

With every person that you kill, the rest of your party gets a third of those exp points

Trading weapons

If you are a lower person, most likely you haven't come across great weapons yet. Because the other players in your party are further along than you, they can give you weapons they might feel are too weak for them but are waaay powerful for you. This helps balance the playing field as far as bad-assness

Reviving

You no longer have to rely on killing someone before you die to get your second wind. A party member could revive you and they can get 100xp for the nice act

Very informative post! I feel like every time you answer one of my questions, I come up with another one though. :p

For the person that is a lower level, won't cooping make the entire game blaze by before you even know it? Is it known how many quests the game has or roughly how long all of them take?

Very informative post! I feel like every time you answer one of my questions, I come up with another one though. :p

For the person that is a lower level, won't cooping make the entire game blaze by before you even know it? Is it known how many quests the game has or roughly how long all of them take?

I currently don't know any way to know how many quests there are and there's no way of telling how long they are or which quests actually lead to the main story and ending. There are hundreds of quests, ranging from 10 minute quests to 2 hour quests.

And the game won't blaze by if you're a lower level because you will die a lot. If you're playing a level 5 quest, and if you're a level 5 and the other player is a level 20 the enemies will balance out to be around level 5-10. That means you will die a lot, and the number of enemies will probably outnumber the higher level player. If you're playing a level 20 quest and you are level 5 and he's level 20, then you're both dead LOL.

The game is fair the most if every character is within a range of around 5 levels. If there is a large gap, then most likely, the party should fight the lower level quests

single player is fun. fairly similar to fallout 3 imo. but the coop is awesome. gives it a whole new level of fun. can duel each other etc. and trade guns and stuff. awesome game

Hello everyone I have a question which im hoping someone will be able to answer about this game.

Say I went and brought the PC version. Could I have a mutliplayer game with my friends who own the XBOX 360 version? (Im thinking if its a Games for Windows game, it should work right?)

Anyway Just want someone here to confirm I can indeed do it, if not, well that would save me some money lol.

anyone know where to turn in the following mission "Side Mission 69 Bandit Treasure: X Marks The Spot - Dead Bandit" the ingame map is pointing outside the map :/

Hello everyone I have a question which im hoping someone will be able to answer about this game.

Say I went and brought the PC version. Could I have a mutliplayer game with my friends who own the XBOX 360 version? (Im thinking if its a Games for Windows game, it should work right?)

Anyway Just want someone here to confirm I can indeed do it, if not, well that would save me some money lol.

No, there is no cross-platform play. And it may be a Games for Windows game, but it's not a Games for Windows LIVE game remember. Even if it did support LIVE I doubt very much it would have cross-platform play.

Thanks for that LOC. Guess I won't be buying the game then :( That is a real shame too - if it supported cross platform play would definately of picked it up, but alas, I know no-one else with the PC version to team up with :(

So I finally played it properly last night, with two other people so there were three of us, and it is definitely an okay game. I would not call it great yet, but it is definitely decent fun and okay. I am kinda not crazy about pressing X to pick up stuff (and yes I know holding X will grab everything if it is lumped up) but overall it is pretty cool. And if I did not know MW2 was coming out soon, I might care about leveling up a bit more, so do not plan on putting that much time into it (that and I am renting the new Ratchet & Clank game and plan to beat that before MW2 release).