Gearbox Reveals New FPS Called "Borderlands"

BTW, can someone explain the weapon colors to me? What happens if I find an orange weapon?

White, Green, Blue, Purple, Orange (note there seems to be two shades of Orange one light and one more redish toned), Pearlscent

Basically the color denotes the rairty and the damage and other things.

Normally an Orange gun will beat a Purple gun and so forth. Though you still need to pay attention, as I'm sure a lvl 22 Orange weapon will get **** on by a lvl 49 Blue weapon.

And regarding Pearlscent color, it's so rare that if you ever do get one consider yourself extremly lucky. People have found them and they complete destroy any other weapon in-game, but it's super, super, super rare to find one, if ever.

Ah, you are on PC, very sorry indeed. I've been speaking from the console standpoint and it has been amazing. Not really sure what you are talking about with the level gap. For instance I was playing with a level 31 and level 18 while I was around level 12 when they helped me with the Sludge guy. Everything worked just fine and we had a bunch of options on what to do.

Its annoying and happened every time i've played, like one time I was playing with 3 friends. I was level 20, lowest level was 15 and there was another level 20 I think too. EVERY single mission said ineligible for me and its really annoying.

Its annoying and happened every time i've played, like one time I was playing with 3 friends. I was level 20, lowest level was 15 and there was another level 20 I think too. EVERY single mission said ineligible for me and its really annoying.

Weird that really sucks bro. Join us on the 360! :p

if you want to work on your own missions host a game, the system seems sensible to me, if they let you work on any mission the host was doing a lvl1 guy could join someone on the last mission and end up completing the storyline in 10 minutes

if you want to work on your own missions host a game, the system seems sensible to me, if they let you work on any mission the host was doing a lvl1 guy could join someone on the last mission and end up completing the storyline in 10 minutes

That is exactly what I should have said sooner. I was the lowest level and I was hosting so that is why we had so many options.

Thanks

Well if your friends have a router then it's fair to assume they know a thing or two about computers, like opening ports.

I know people that were supplied a router by their service provider and have no clue what a router does. It's a bit presumptuous to assume.

The coop in this game is fail because it doesn't work worth crap. I have NEVER had to forward ports on my router for ANY game ever until borderlands. What the hell kind of modern game, especially a coop based one doesn't support upnp? Seriously. Half my friends cant get the game to be able to host games at all.

I completely and totally agree.

it still could have been done better and I haven't had time to forward ports on my router (have to set up static ips on my pcs) so i cant host right now. Yes I am lazy, but I don't have to do this for the many other online games I own So i never did.

Still its really ridiculous I was ineligible for every single mission when we were all pretty close in level... There were plenty I hadn't done yet and neither had people I was playing with. I don't really get how it works tbh all I know is its annoying.

I'm sure if I was hosting someone else would end up being ineligible for everything too :/

White, Green, Blue, Purple, Orange (note there seems to be two shades of Orange one light and one more redish toned), Pearlscent

Basically the color denotes the rairty and the damage and other things.

Normally an Orange gun will beat a Purple gun and so forth. Though you still need to pay attention, as I'm sure a lvl 22 Orange weapon will get **** on by a lvl 49 Blue weapon.

And regarding Pearlscent color, it's so rare that if you ever do get one consider yourself extremly lucky. People have found them and they complete destroy any other weapon in-game, but it's super, super, super rare to find one, if ever.

Actually, Pearlscent isn't a real color. There are only 7 colors to the game, which you mentioned. Orange is 2 colors, Light and Dark, Dark being a unique and normally the best. Pearlscent is a bugged gun. People think it is supposed to be a purple or orange, but somehow the game bugged up on the creation of it, and made it just regular white in the text. It will still have all the amazing properties, along with special red text abilities, but will be just a regular white text for its name.

I finally looked up how to get that Italian Plumber achievement today. That one is just classic! Is anybody elses Pandora-dog Millionaire achievement busted?

What do you mean by busted?

I was playing this online on PC the other day, and my screen would randomly go all grey or something and wouldn't respond, and i'd have to reboot it, any ideas why?

I finally looked up how to get that Italian Plumber achievement today. That one is just classic! Is anybody elses Pandora-dog Millionaire achievement busted?

my friends was but it worked fine for me

he just started a new character and i gave him some playthrough 2 weapons to sell and then he got it

share plz!

What do you mean by busted?

I have over 1.3mil in my bank and never got the achievement. I have played almost the entire game on co-op which apparently can cause problems for that achievement.

my friends was but it worked fine for me

he just started a new character and i gave him some playthrough 2 weapons to sell and then he got it

That is what I was told on GameFAQ's which is what I'm going to have to do.

Alot of the achievements are bugged. You have to do a second character to snag 'em.

I had to do 25 roadkills and 25 shockkills on another toon.

And the italian plumber is simply jumping on an enemy and killing them. You do extremely low damage when jumping on them. Simply get them super low (the skags at the begining work) and jump till you kill 'em.

Only thing left for me to do is the 40 and 50 level achievements for the full 1000/1000.

I got the 'You're on a boat' achievement, so awesome, best achievement ever. lol.

oh the millionaire one isn't broken, I got it, and I haven't broken 500k yet. I think its to do with how much stuff you sell. :)

I got the 'You're on a boat' achievement, so awesome, best achievement ever. lol.

oh the millionaire one isn't broken, I got it, and I haven't broken 500k yet. I think its to do with how much stuff you sell. :)

Yes I'm aware of that and I have probably sold over 2mil in goods.

A friend and I are now in the trash coast area and have almost cooped the whole thing so far. This game is just awesome!

Only five achievements left! I'm actually excited because this will be the first game I have completed since COD4. Two more area achievements, the level 40/50 achievements and I think a secret one.

If anybody wants the "And They'll Tell Somebody" achievement, just let me know.

Only five achievements left! I'm actually excited because this will be the first game I have completed since COD4. Two more area achievements, the level 40/50 achievements and I think a secret one.

If anybody wants the "And They'll Tell Somebody" achievement, just let me know.

Just checked ya on Live and it shows ya need 4. Two are story related and the other two are 40/50.

Just checked ya on Live and it shows ya need 4. Two are story related and the other two are 40/50.

Yep you must have just checked after I got the secret one last night because now I only have 4 left.

I have played the entire game (so far) with a friend through coop and have got past that fastrack fortress area (level 34ish). I can't continue on because my friend is busy this weekend.

Does anybody want help leveling or want to get better loot through cooping?