[Official UK] Xbox 360 Special Offers & Deals

This month's offers on XBLM...

Here is a list of upcoming content scheduled for the Xbox LIVE Marketplace*

Please see the blog post I?ll make for each of these for pricing and/or regional availability.

Summer of Arcade continues this week with Castlevania Harmony of Despair followed by Monday Night Combat and we finish off with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Also remember that if you purchase all five titles, and you?ll receive 1200 Microsoft Points back. Details here

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :

Week of August 9 through August 22:

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening, 2400 Microsoft Points (?20.40)

Return to Ostagar, 240 Microsoft Points (?2.04)

Warden's Keep, 400 Microsoft Points (?3.40)

Blood Dragon Red Avatar T-shirt , 40 Microsoft Points (Male) (Female) (?0.34)

**Special pricing available for Xbox LIVE Gold Members

Xbox LIVE Games on Demand:

August 2 : Too Human

August 10: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

August 10: Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Xbox Avatar Marketplace:

August 5: Roxy/Quiksilver

Xbox Game Add-Ons

August 10: Red Dead Redemption: Legends and Killers Pack, 800 Microsoft Points (?6.80)

August 10: Dragon Age: Origins: The Golems of Amgarrak, 400 Microsoft Points (?3.40)

August 13: Lips songs from acclaimed composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, 160 Microsoft Points per song (?1.36)

Plus, if you have the Zune Marketplace in your region, keep an eye out for the following content coming soon:

August 03: Shark Week

August 03: Diary of a Wimpy Kid

August 10: Date Night

August 10: Death at a Funeral

You may want to follow my Twitter account if you want to be reminded when many of the above items become available.

*Current schedule. Subject to change. All content may not be available in all Xbox LIVE regions.

So... it's about time I got myself a copy of Halo: Reach ordered. What's the best deal that people have found for the standard edition (I'm not interested in expensive figurines etc). The code DM just posted for the Hut makes it ?33 there, has anyone found better than that?

Where can I get some cheap MS points?

The cheapest place I know is ShopTo - ?15.99, but they're not in stock in the moment. If you don't need it ASAP, I'd wait for them to get more in. It should only be a day or two. I'll ask them on Twitter.

The cheapest place I know is ShopTo - ?15.99, but they're not in stock in the moment. If you don't need it ASAP, I'd wait for them to get more in. It should only be a day or two. I'll ask them on Twitter.

Instant delivery isn't essential. Does that make a difference in price?

Instant delivery isn't essential. Does that make a difference in price?

Well surprisingly, a 2100 points card costs ?16.63 with them. Those are in stock.

The best thing you should do though is wait for the codes to come back in stock, and then order it by SMS, so you get ?1 credit back on your account. :)

Well surprisingly, a 2100 points card costs ?16.63 with them. Those are in stock.

The best thing you should do though is wait for the codes to come back in stock, and then order it by SMS, so you get ?1 credit back on your account. :)

Sweet. I'll do that then, thanks for the heads up.

Well it's £15.63 from ShopTo with £1 off from SMS ordering, so...

Might be a bit early and there might be more competitive prices nearer release but...what's Black Ops's cheapest price? I saw £31.98 somewhere but it didn't look like a legit shop, and then prices stooped right up to £37. ¬_¬ Damn Activision and their high RRP.

Found it here, price is £31.99. Looking around the site now for other stuff.

Well, you can pay with PayPal but I think they take your money now rather than on dispatch. I don't even know if you'll get the game at all, anybody bought from Jack of All Games before?

Just found Halo: Reach too for £31.99. Link

Just found Halo: Reach too for ?31.99. Link

Nice find there bud. Can anyone vouch for "Jack of All Games" with regards to pre-order delivery times though? I see that the first page of this thread says they take money on order not dispatch, but that doesn't bother me so long as I get the game on launch day (or earlier).

They say they aim to get games delivered within 1-5 days. For Halo, I doubt you'd see it on release day. With sites like that they always seem to send on release day.

As for COD from therr, would it really be worth buying it on release day? There's gonna bectons of connection issues and crap, best to wait a few days.

^ Couldn't be more wrong.

Small time retailers send out much earlier than the high street retailers who have to worry about MS/Ninty/Sony chasing them up for breaking street dates. These guys are pretty unknown if at all to the big 3. Plus online e-tailers have to meet the dates they advertise, so they send games in the post earlier to achieve street date. Usually overshooting the mark and delivering earlier.

Also, CoD: BO isn't worth buying, period.

Damn I got mixed up again : p Thanks for putting me right!

Black Ops is worth buying if you're going to play with your mates, which I will. You never know, it could be great. It might not be.