[Official UK] Xbox 360 Special Offers & Deals

Well, we'll soon see anyway.

Though you could just buy a copy from JOAG then sell it again on eBay for ?37, making a ?6 profit : p

Has this expired? Doesn't seem to work for a Reach pre-order.

It was for 24hrs only.

Jack of All Games are doing it cheaper than The Hut (even with the 10% off), but they'll take money on order...

http://www.jackofallgames.co.uk/xbox-360-halo-reach-uk-pal-version-p-3383.html

Next best price is Zavvi £35.95 but with 3.5% Quidco it'd be £34.70, so just a little more expensive than The Hut were. Sometimes Quidco can be generous though and offer more cashback than they state. Try preordering and see what they give.

Back in April when I ordered a tonne of preorders from them I was supposed to get £1 odd but instead they gave me £2+

23 Apr 2010 Zavvi 33.95 2.38 paid

How does Quidco even work? I've never used it before.

It's really simple. Using Game as an example...

1) Sign up for an account

2) Search for the e-tailer you want to buy from (Game)

3) Follow the link to Game's site

4) Sign into Game & buy the game just like you normally do

5) Few weeks later, profit!

----

Red Dead Redemption for £31.54 at Shopto (using Quidco)

----

New Xbox 360 + 3 games for £200 at Argos (possibly 4% Quidco too)

Add the console to your basket then click the Special Offers tab and check your selection of games. They come in bundles which is the only down side (i.e no mixing and matching games).

----

Metro 2033 for £14.41 at The Hut (using Quidco)

It's really simple. Using Game as an example...

1) Sign up for an account

2) Search for the e-tailer you want to buy from (Game)

3) Follow the link to the e-tailer site

4) Sign into Game & buy the game just like you normally do

5) Few weeks later, profit!

I'm using Zavvi. How do I know that I'm routed through Quidco? There's no indication in the URL or anything.

It tracks it with the clicks/cookies and the browser session. You gotta be careful not to disturb the process & make a clean purchase without messing around or it could risk not being tracked.

* Make sure your computer & browser are configured properly.

* Clear cookies & cache, disable pop-up, ad, & image-blockers.

* Don't type anything in the address window of your browser after logging into Quidco.

* Don't open any other tabs or windows in the same browser, or click on any links in tabs or windows that may already be open.

* If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from Quidco can affect tracking.

* Don't use unauthorised voucher or other discount codes. Authorised codes are displayed on the retailer page.

* Don't use "refer a friend" programs or promotional links from other sites.

* Complete your purchase online, all in one session.

* Keep all email confirmations and documents from the retailer - just in case you need to use the information for submitting an earnings enquiry.

If you're tracking doesn't work you can contact them and provide the details & they'll query the e-tailer then give the cashback.

Will the cashback appear instantly on my Quidco profile? I've a ?1 voucher code for Zavvi so I'm using that too. That won't affect it, right?

Might take a few days to appear on your profile. It goes through stages like Pending, Processing, Validating & Paid. Payment doesn't actually happen straight away, it can take a few weeks or months before it goes into your account. As long as it was tracked/valid then it will eventually happen though so just be patient.

And when it comes to vouchers check the details on the e-tailer's page on Qudico. Some won't honour cashback if you use vouchers. From experience I know Zavvi will let you use vouchers & Quidco so you'll be fine.

This varies on a retailer to retailer basis. Where possible, Quidco aims to always offer our members the ultimate saving by combining cashback with voucher codes. However this is not an option with all retailers. Our retailers may offer you the following saving options:

* Cashback plus voucher code: these offers enable you to save twice, via the provision of a voucher code plus you are able to earn cashback on your purchase. In some of these instances, if a voucher code is used to save, the retailer may reduce the cashback rate as they cannot afford to pay the full rate however in all instances the cashback rate associated with the offer is clearly labelled.

* Cashback only: in these instances you can only earn cashback with your purchase. If you use a voucher code it may result in your cashback being declined.

* Voucher code only: some retailers will provide Quidco members with voucher codes which will give them an instant saving however, cashback is not provided.

* Cashback OR voucher code: some retailers are unable to offer savings via both cashback and a voucher code and so in these instances they will offer Quidco members the choice of using either a voucher code to earn an instant saving or cashback to earn a delayed saving, however you will not be able to use both in conjunction.

You can clearly identify whether an offer allows you to use a voucher code and cashback, only cashback, only a voucher code, or whether it is simply a deal by using our helpful symbols displayed next to every listing..

Best way to learn is to just dive in and try it out.

Yeah great way to save money.

You can sometimes get a better rate from http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ so check them both.

Quidco take a £5 admin fee from your account once per year for being a member. But once you start saving on most of the stuff you buy it's worth it.

TopCashBack don't have a fee.

?2.45 from my first purchase. Awesome.

Quidco take a ?10 admin fee from your account once per year for being a member. But once you start saving on most of the stuff you buy it's worth it.

Quidco is ?5 per year.

Yeah sorry I was confused with something else!

£5 a year.

Updated the OP with a traffic light guide how to use Quidco. Hopefully it helps people use the service more.

If Quidco is anything like TopCashBack (which from Munky's explanation it is) then it couldn't be easier ynnoj. I joined TCB two Christmases back after a colleague said I should try it seeing as pretty much everything I buy is done online. At first I thought it was a bit of a gimmick but here I am now with ?246.33 back from it! Those pennies really do add up :)

Cheers for the info on JOAG Munky - think I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if any other e-tailers put it on offer and if not, I'll order with JOAG and hope that I get it on release day at the latest.

Contacted Jack of All Games about pre-orders and they sais that the game will arrive on or just before release. They also confirmed that payment must be taken on order.

Yeah, they've got quick reply times too. I think I'll pre-order Black Ops with them after Halo: Reach's launch.

Contacted Jack of All Games about pre-orders and they sais that the game will arrive on or just before release. They also confirmed that payment must be taken on order.

They can jog on, no other company that I've dealt with takes any money for preorders until the order is picked and shipped

They can jog on, no other company that I've dealt with takes any money for preorders until the order is picked and shipped

This is exactly what they said:

Hi

The charge will be made when ordering which will ensure us the quantity

as we will be able to get the best deal hence pre-order and passing the

saving to yourself .

It's not unheard of. Even Argos do it and they've been around decades.

You have obviously never order with Argos etc...

It's not unheard of. Even Argos do it and they've been around decades.

Damn you, you quick scottish git! :p