Sick of PS3 Bashing

What do you expect? its competition, i'm a proud ps3 owner and i love hearing the remarks 360 fanboys make about the ps3. 2008 will be the year of the ps3 i guarantee it. from the beginning i've felt as though the ps3 is the best next-gen console, it just hasn't picked up the steam i was hoping it would.

yeah my ps3 is fairly quite for the first 10-15 minutes level 0, then fan noise level 1 kicks in and it sounds like my PC, then fan noise level 2 which is enough to hear over a movie, and fan level 3 sometimes which is loud to the point where i shut off m my ps3. level 3 rarely happens since the recent fw updates (Y)

You care to provide proof for that statement?

See, that's the beautiful thing about comparing, a person gets to choose what they want to compare in the items.

LOL.. you come out with ridiculous statements without shred of proof and you are debating and asking from proof from someone? LOL.. your post is a joke..

LOL.. you come out with ridiculous statements without shred of proof and you are debating and asking from proof from someone? LOL.. your post is a joke..

don't you have a blu-ray vs hd-dvd post to thrash?

To the OP; people are mad at Sony because they ****ed up. It's that simple. 2 years ago, Sony and Sony fans were trashing the 360 every chance they got, ejaculating endlessly over the cell processor and Blu-ray, and how Sony was going to make MS's 360 look like a K-mart toy next to their gaming Porsche. Now we're here; Sony die-hards complaining about their poor console's critics, and saying to lay off. What goes around comes around, I say. These threads crying about Sony-bashing are often mis-labeled; if someone can actually have a debate without resorting to, "You're wrong and I'm right, so STFU!", it's not bashing, it's discussion. You're allowed to report the trolling, but not the well-thought out arguments, please.

I :heart: you

:p

You care to provide proof for that statement?

See, that's the beautiful thing about comparing, a person gets to choose what they want to compare in the items.

And Boz already said it, but I'll put it a different way: Care to provide proof that it is a big deal to a lot of gamers?

Choosing what you want to compare doesn't make it a good comparison, or a correct comparison, or a comparison that should be made.

-Spenser

And Boz already said it, but I'll put it a different way: Care to provide proof that it is a big deal to a lot of gamers?
when it comes to loading times, noise from the console and parts used to build them, WE both agree that ps3 has the 360 beat, hands down.

once again, i put the important word in caps, this time being WE, as I never said majority or minority of gamers. your screen dirty?

Choosing what you want to compare doesn't make it a good comparison, or a correct comparison, or a comparison that should be made.

WHAT?!?!?

once again, i put the important word in caps, this time being WE, as I never said majority or minority of gamers. your screen dirty?

WHAT?!?!?

Making that statement proves absolutely nothing. Please try again.

Actually, don't try again. If you were confused by that second part you quoted of me, you obviously have problems making decent arguments or problems backing your arguments up, or something. The only reason I'm still here is because it's an absolutely hilarious distraction from my schoolwork.

-Spenser

LOL at your view of the consoles and how you downplay everything on Xbox 360 even though your statements are completely incorrect... all you do is put assumptions on PS3 without any solid backing (reasoning) based on what we saw so far, yet you go and downplay Xbox 360 things because what? Live has been out for 5 years? Who is responsible for that? That's called great planning and developement. This shows that Sony is so much about money that even though they had the lead they stopped innovating gaming. They just thought, PS2 will do everything for them.

It really boggles the mind how people justify things.

also the fact there are complaints about the lack of psn content, whereas you seem to forget that live has been around longer, so has had more time to get content up and running.

Making that statement proves absolutely nothing. Please try again.

Actually, don't try again. If you were confused by that second part you quoted of me, you obviously have problems making decent arguments or problems backing your arguments up, or something. The only reason I'm still here is because it's an absolutely hilarious distraction from my schoolwork.

-Spenser

you should get back to your school work then, missing an English class can have dire consequences on people, because what you just wrote, man o man.................you and boz studying together? it would explain a lot.

here bud, you can thank me later.....

com?par?i?son (kəm-păr'ĭ-sən)

n.

The act of comparing or the process of being compared.

A statement or estimate of similarities and differences.

The quality of being similar or equivalent; likeness: no comparison between the two books.

Grammar. The modification or inflection of an adjective or adverb to denote the positive, comparative, and superlative degrees, as in English, along with the equative degree in certain other languages, such as Irish Gaelic.

don't put words in my mouth, arguing with you is like arguing with a guy who only says "I know you are but what am I?"

you should get back to your school work then, missing an English class can have dire consequences on people, because what you just wrote, man o man.................you and boz studying together? it would explain a lot.

You're ****ting me now, right? I'll give you something to compare: your posts and my posts. Then tell me the irony in letting me know I should be getting back to English work. Why is it whenever you get ****ed off, you resort to attacking people. You've done it in other threads and you're doing it in this one because you don't ever have any good arguments. Nobody else here seems to show that kind of unrestraint when posting about Xbox 360 vs. PS3.

By the way, if you must know, I tested out of my Communication A (English) requirement at my college (UW-Madison, you may have heard of it, it's kind of a big deal) on my placement test, and aced my Comm B requirement.

@Coldgunner, your OP has been replied to as best it can: Back when the Xbox 360 launched, I (and many others) were pretty sick of all the Xbox 360 bashing going on, and now it's all on the PS3. This stuff happens to everything and we all just have to live with it.

-Spenser

stevan:

Ok, first off he was talking about the QUALITY of your comparison, not whether or not you made one.

Secondly, I didn't really have a problem with your points, except when you implied Xbox Live being 5 years old is a bad thing, so carry on.

You're ****ting me now, right? I'll give you something to compare: your posts and my posts. Then tell me the irony in letting me know I should be getting back to English work. Why is it whenever you get ****ed off, you resort to attacking people. You've done it in other threads and you're doing it in this one because you don't ever have any good arguments. Nobody else here seems to show that kind of unrestraint when posting about Xbox 360 vs. PS3.

yeah, because I swear?

I don't get ****ed off, i just laugh...............

and lets get something straight, you attacked me first...........

By the way, if you must know, I tested out of my Communication A (English) requirement at my college (UW-Madison, you may have heard of it, it's kind of a big deal) on my placement test, and aced my Comm B requirement.

once again, WHAT? (insert huge laughing here)

ever hear of sarcasm?

stevan:

Secondly, I didn't really have a problem with your points, except when you implied Xbox Live being 5 years old is a bad thing, so carry on.

and exactly where did I say that?

this is why I laugh..............

I actually just posted a thread asking this and I saw it was mentioned here...In the original post he said the PS3 is an upscaling DVD player. Is that true? I have heard otherwise.

I actually just posted a thread asking this and I saw it was mentioned here...In the original post he said the PS3 is an upscaling DVD player. Is that true? I have heard otherwise.

yup, it was added in firmware 1.7 or 1.8 (can't remember)

also upscales ps1 and ps2 games

I'm sure it is, although "I" think that when "comparing" it with the upscaling capabilities of the 360 hd-dvd drive, the 360 looks a bit sharper. my opinion though.

yup, it was added in firmware 1.7 or 1.8 (can't remember)

also upscales ps1 and ps2 games

Awesome, that was one of the things holding me back from buying one, not knowing if my normal DVDs would be improved. Thank you for clarifying!

Awesome, that was one of the things holding me back from buying one, not knowing if my normal DVDs would be improved. Thank you for clarifying!

can only upscale dvd's via HDMI, not a sony issue though, the DVD forum won't allow upscaling on non encrypted devices.

you do not have to compare each consoles features, what should be compared is why YOU bought it, or why YOU want it, saying things like "not all the 360's have hdmi ports on them" is irrelevant if i dont have a tv or monitor that supports hd...

i would/will be getting a 360 because of :

-the 360 seems to have a much bigger library of games then the ps3, and has more exclusives, a lot of them very highly rated.

-xbox live, being able to buy some arcade style games, get demo's earlier then pc, and the strong community. the ps3 does have its own online network, but i wouldn't consider it as strong as xbox live.

- media center use, the 360 has options to stream video over your network, but from what i hear is very limited, im unsure of what types the ps3 supports, but they will both support divx soon, which is a + to both sides.

- warranty, while ive heard many many stories about people getting the RROD, ive never heard a story of anyone getting turned down, and microsoft admitting there mistake and extending the warrantys, so... i know that if my 360 broke down it, i would be able to get a new one from them without charge, which is comforting.

i haven't heard of very many issues with the ps3, but defininatly not want my $500 console breaking down and have to send it through the mail.

also the fact there are complaints about the lack of psn content, whereas you seem to forget that live has been around longer, so has had more time to get content up and running.

You know, your statement about Live being around for 5 years and able to grow the collection of content it has is BS. Live on the 360 is nothing like it was on the Xbox. There was no demos, movies, tv shows, arcade or as much DLC as there is now. Infact, you even had to boot up a game first to select the ingame option to buy DLC. Then you would be navigated to the Xbox Dashboard and buy, reboot the game, for the content to be available.

The 360 Marketplace like it is today, has grown to that in the 2 years it's been out. It's changed a hell of a lot more than you make out and clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

The sound on ocassion might be coming from the drive (not always though). On the other hand, when PS3 cooling turbines start spinning the whole freakin' room echos.

I agree with you on that statement 100%, everyone used to say how the PS3 was non-existent in the sound emitting department, oh what a jolly surprise I got 5 minutes into the Motorstorm demo. That made my mood sour towards my $700 purchase but so far gaming enjoyment has renewed my faith in my decision.

The PSN store may not be as great and amazing as XBL Marketplace I agree, but it's free and it does the job fine for me. Playing titles online is pretty fun unless your playing on EA's horrendous servers, I get lag in about 1/15 games with a wired Ethernet connection... odd to say the least.

GT:HD demo absolutely sucked, I spent more time playing Virtua Tennis demo or MLB 2k7 then that. The Japanese demo of GT5P was OK at the most, the graphics are brilliant but I had no fun playing it whatsoever. This is coming from someone who has beaten GT3 and GT4 to 100% complete with all cars.

it's quite clear the flaming on Boz has begun for what I believe are valid points on his behalf, there's nothing he says which isn't true. the ps3 does not have any good titles TODAY on the market at all, well I like NHL 08 to the point where I play it everyday 2-3 hours, but thats me :D... Sony is moving in the right direction with advertisements and price drops. however, I still believe 2008 is going to be the strongest year for the PS3's surge in the market. :yes:

You know, your statement about Live being around for 5 years and able to grow the collection of content it has is BS. Live on the 360 is nothing like it was on the Xbox. There was no demos, movies, tv shows, arcade or as much DLC as there is now. Infact, you even had to boot up a game first to select the ingame option to buy DLC. Then you would be navigated to the Xbox Dashboard and buy, reboot the game, for the content to be available.

The 360 Marketplace like it is today, has grown to that in the 2 years it's been out. It's changed a hell of a lot more than you make out and clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

the infrastructure has been set up over the 5 years, but 2 years of live content is still going to be better than 1 year of PSN content. Also Live takes a lot of subs, so I damn well expect it too have content. PSN is mostly free (other than pay for addons/games), they didn't have to offer a store in reality.

with home on the horizon things may well turn out very different

the infrastructure has been set up over the 5 years, but 2 years of live content is still going to be better than 1 year of PSN content. Also Live takes a lot of subs, so I damn well expect it too have content. PSN is mostly free (other than pay for addons/games), they didn't have to offer a store in reality.

with home on the horizon things may well turn out very different

Yeah the multiplayer and communication infrastructure, but even then those weren't of a mature age until Halo 2 came out and introduced the party system in the game. And please, if I hear the "one year extra" excuse I think I will literally kill :rofl: The 360 had plenty of demos, trailers, music videos, arcade games and by the Fall, Tv shows and Movies :) What exactly have Sony introduced since the launch of PSN? Um nothing..That's one whol year and they haven't advanced anywhere in their own right, never mind a comparison of XBL on the 360.

And also, don't make it out like this is their first venture into Online. They had it on the PS2, it just sucked there also. You can try forget about it, but it aint gonna go away!

I love how some of you think Home is going to suddenly change the PSN. The introduction of Home is not going to increase the amount of demos or PSN titles released. Demos are lack luster on the PS3 because they take so much time away from development, the releases would only be pushed further back. It's not down to Sony which ones make it to PSN or not, developers are (and of course if Sony sling them a few $$$ along the way for persuasion i.e tell them to).

I have something to ask. Something about the PS3 that's touted reguarly is that it has alot of potential and that things will get better.

Seriously, it's a year old now. Sony can't patch its internal hardware. Theres developers bitching about developing for the PS3. In its current less than exemplary position marketwise, if they could pull a rabbit out of the PS3's ass, surely they would? I know I wouldn't spend ?300 on a 'potentially' good console, when I see an already great console out there for less.

I'd also point out I'm relatively unbiased in this. I may work with 360s, but I don't own either a 360 or a PS3, but I have used a PS3 quite a few times. I'm a PC gamer, so they way I see it, this is rather the bickering of mortals:))

And oh, I'm sick of threads that are sick of PS3 bashing:pp