A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 2012

Praise be to God.

Current Version for Windows Live Messenger 2012: 1.43 (build 22)

Updated: 5/10/2012

Supported Versions: 2012 (16.4.3505.0912 & 16.4.3503.0728 - older downloads also supported)

Total Features: 12

New: Added compatibility for Windows Live Messenger 2012 version 16.4.3505.0912

Feature: Disable Nudge Shake (thanks digitaldj)

Feature: Remove Nudge Delay (thanks digitaldj)

Feature: Remove Search Bar

Feature: Remove the "Connected to..." bar

Feature: Accept more than 3 files (transfers at a time) (thanks digitaldj)

Feature: Remove advertisement from main window

Feature: Remove text & banner advertisement in the IM window

Feature: Polygamy - open more than one Messenger at once

Feature: Remove the "See More Offerings" items in the file menus

Feature: Remove "Featured" section from the Emoticons "more" dialog box

Feature: Disable Photo Sharing (thanks Erazor)

Feature: Disable Video Sharing (thanks Erazor)

? Download A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 2012

2011 / Wave 3 downloads also available.

didnt take long did it lol they always seem to be at the beginning of things and right there to get things done.

As much as I love A-Patch and always use it on Messenger; it's probably not wise for anyone actually IN the beta to use it, as it'll modify the client beyond the scope of the beta testing.

As much as I love A-Patch and always use it on Messenger; it's probably not wise for anyone actually IN the beta to use it, as it'll modify the client beyond the scope of the beta testing.

+1

Indeed, serious testers shouldn't use any patches at all.. but for the rest of us :cool:

Here's a conondrum:

If posting pictures of the program is against the rules (as it breaks the holy grail of NDA), why is patching the software (which is strictly forbidden in the EULA) not considered to be against the rules here?

As per license.rtf in the Messenger directory (and during installation):

"You will not disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer any software included in the service, except and only to the extent that the law expressly permits this activity."

I'm not against the A-Patch of course as it is a fine program - just wondering at the slightly hypocritical stance on the subject.

Here's a conondrum:

If posting pictures of the program is against the rules (as it breaks the holy grail of NDA), why is patching the software (which is strictly forbidden in the EULA) not considered to be against the rules here?

As per license.rtf in the Messenger directory (and during installation):

I'm not against the A-Patch of course as it is a fine program - just wondering at the slightly hypocritical stance on the subject.

There are gray areas to all of our rules (some more than others) and we allow flex where we have room. If Microsoft were to clamp down on apps like these, you can rest assured we would immediately disallow any further discussion.

anyone got any mirrors, or can anyone upload it?

Because this app is free, I would suggest we wait until the site comes back up. I'm sure he would prefer the hits and ad revenue.

whats the point in beta testing wlm9 when first thing you do is patch it?

Very valid point as how can you tell if its an issue with the patch or the build itself when problems arise, thus negating any feedback given to MS. I am sure someone will advise me that a-patch does nothing bad, but seeing as I have never used it I couldn't honestly say :)

Very valid point as how can you tell if its an issue with the patch or the build itself when problems arise, thus negating any feedback given to MS. I am sure someone will advise me that a-patch does nothing bad, but seeing as I have never used it I couldn't honestly say :)

People participate in betas to give feedback?

Never thought of that :p

Regarding the site being down... that's strange.. I and other people have no problem accessing it, while others are reporting problems :s

Because this app is free, I would suggest we wait until the site comes back up. I'm sure he would prefer the hits and ad revenue.

:D